Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

trish_auto

2018 Budget - Vehicle import duty

Recommended Posts

just saw few LC's for 2017 Vitz. Didnt hv the time to see the specs. CIF is Rs.1.5Mn approx. Accordingly cost is around Rs.3.25Mn. Is that correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suzuki is using German engine management  technology,which is already mature enough and proven in many other models with same system with other carmakers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quiet said:

just saw few LC's for 2017 Vitz. Didnt hv the time to see the specs. CIF is Rs.1.5Mn approx. Accordingly cost is around Rs.3.25Mn. Is that correct. 

Is that with the importers cut ? how much is that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

Referring to certain prefectures ? or vehicle auction statistics ?

Hi mate, there are many Balenos in the second hand car sales . 

http://kakaku.com/kuruma/used/spec/Maker=7/Model=33209,30654,31756/

http://autoc-one.jp/used/search/masuzuki/mobaleno/

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/bSZ/s055/index.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Referring to certain prefectures ? or vehicle auction statistics ?

In general....the Baleno barely makes any of the top sales lists....according to sales stats its also one of Suzuki's least popular models.

http://autoc-one.jp/suzuki/ranking/

also you don't see much of it around any of the major cities/prefectures/etc...There are obviously Balenos for sale...but the numbers don't stack up when compared to the other models.

Edited by iRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, iRage said:

In general....the Baleno barely makes any of the top sales lists....according to sales stats its also one of Suzuki's least popular models.

http://autoc-one.jp/suzuki/ranking/

also you don't see much of it around any of the major cities/prefectures/etc...There are obviously Balenos for sale...but the numbers don't stack up when compared to the other models.

Well it can be the case in comparison to major JDM.  Its interesting to see that mid range  is least popular compared to highest end and kei models.   Prius is 33rd, Vezzel is 34th and Axio is ??. :lol:. According to overall popularity ranking  Aqua and Vitz are competing each other on top. But brand wise Daihatsu seems more popular than Toyota in Japan . But Daihatsu is owned by Toyota as well.  Leaf is no where.:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Well it can be the case in comparison to major JDM.  Its interesting to see that mid range  is least popular compared to highest end and kei models.   Prius is 33rd, Vezzel is 34th and Axio is ??. :lol:. According to overall popularity ranking  Aqua and Vitz are competing each other on top. But brand wise Daihatsu seems more popular than Toyota in Japan . But Daihatsu is owned by Toyota as well.  Leaf is no where.:unsure:

A few notes:

- these rankings are based on actual registrations so to get a better idea of what is doing well you have to look at it over a period of time

- when new or updated models get released those models get a huge bump up in the stats because a surge of registrations occur as pre-orders get delivered

- Kei cars get sold by the ship load in Japan. Even on the road for every normal car you see you will probably see 10 or 12 kei cars. So normal popular cars get kicked off ass soon as you take in to account kei cars.

- Yes...large cars do well because those are considered "family" cars and executive cars. For example, a family might have one kei car for daily use for one of the parents whilst a proper full size car for the family to run around in.

- If you take statistics for each class then the Prius has been consistently doing well. Same with the Vezel which got bumped down a bit when CHR and CX-3 deliveries started taking place.

- Yes Aqua and Vitz (after the Hybrid was introduced) are competing each other. The talk at the Tokyo Motorshow was that for the next generation of the Vitz and Aqua for the JDM market they would be introducin a combined model. Same fate for the Axio, Premio and Allion..a combined sedan. To further stop any self canibalization of its own models Toyota is now offering all models (at least new ones) through all of its sales channels (before each sales channel was responsible for specific models).

- Cars like the Axio, Premio/Allion were predominantly popular as fleet vehicles for sales staff...and now those vehicles are being replaced with more eco friendly vehicles and companies are changing their fleet/transport strategies as well. Also, those models are pretty darn old :)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iRage said:

A few notes:

- these rankings are based on actual registrations so to get a better idea of what is doing well you have to look at it over a period of time

- when new or updated models get released those models get a huge bump up in the stats because a surge of registrations occur as pre-orders get delivered

- Kei cars get sold by the ship load in Japan. Even on the road for every normal car you see you will probably see 10 or 12 kei cars. So normal popular cars get kicked off ass soon as you take in to account kei cars.

- Yes...large cars do well because those are considered "family" cars and executive cars. For example, a family might have one kei car for daily use for one of the parents whilst a proper full size car for the family to run around in.

- If you take statistics for each class then the Prius has been consistently doing well. Same with the Vezel which got bumped down a bit when CHR and CX-3 deliveries started taking place.

- Yes Aqua and Vitz (after the Hybrid was introduced) are competing each other. The talk at the Tokyo Motorshow was that for the next generation of the Vitz and Aqua for the JDM market they would be introducin a combined model. Same fate for the Axio, Premio and Allion..a combined sedan. To further stop any self canibalization of its own models Toyota is now offering all models (at least new ones) through all of its sales channels (before each sales channel was responsible for specific models).

- Cars like the Axio, Premio/Allion were predominantly popular as fleet vehicles for sales staff...and now those vehicles are being replaced with more eco friendly vehicles and companies are changing their fleet/transport strategies as well. Also, those models are pretty darn old :)

 

Interesting analysis. What you think about Nissan Leaf .. aren't that people more conscious on environment in Japan ?  Do Japan also going to abolish combustion engines in near future  ?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay...I also should have stated that the rankings are a monthly ranking, and then the month is only half way through :) When you look at the quarterly or annual rankings they actually do differ. So whilst the Baleno is not that popular it might not be as bad as the number depicted in this particular list. Let me see if I can pull out an annual or quarterly , but for the most part what you observed holds...kei cars and somewhat larger family cars and compact cars sell quite well whilst the mid sized sedans don't (in fact Honda is hoping the new Civic will change that in Japan). 

As for the Leaf, you do see the Leaf quite a lot.  In this particular ranking the Leaf is probably not even on the list because the previous model's sales stopped and the new model's delivery has not yet gotten in to full swing.

I can't think of any such time frames to get rid of ICE vehicles off the top of my head. However, the auto industry and the govt is banking heavily on FCVs and EVs. They are starting to go around putting up Hydrogen stations and they believe by 2020 all the major cities will have Hydrogen stations. Also, they are planning on having Hydrogen buses, etc for the Olympics in Tokyo. Mid last year they announced that there were more EV charging points/stations in Japan than Petrol stations. So yes...they are definitely pulling away from fossil fuels.

(EDIT: Okay I can't find an combined list but there are plenty of lists for each category of vehicle; again, newly released models seem to creep up on these lists)

http://www.jada.or.jp/contents/data/ranking.html <<-- excludes kei cars

 

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2017 at 9:52 AM, hrm said:

LOL how do they come up with these names?

Xbee will be released very soon..

Price  is as follows :

  • 1.0 HYBRID MX: 1,749,600 yen
  • 1.0 HYBRID MZ: 1,911,300 yen

Even the top model will cost 2 million yen.

 

 

 

Edited by trish_auto
Including the price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks man

Edited by hrm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Xbee will be released very soon..

Price  is as follows :

  • 1.0 HYBRID MX: 1,749,600 yen
  • 1.0 HYBRID MZ: 1,911,300 yen

Even the top model will cost 2 million yen.

 

 

 

Please note that these are just the base prices. Once you add the basic stuff like carpets, UV glazing for the glasses, etc... and cost of registration/deregistration, etc...its going to be over 2mil for the highest grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×