• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2018 Budget - Vehicle import duty

trish_auto

5 hours ago, ajm said:

India is decades ahead of us when it comes to industrialization(although A Lankan IT "ostar" will say otherwise). Many countries including Japan,consider India as a"Market" only smaller than China and USA. It makes economical sense to manufacture in the market where most sales of the particular model is expected.

From a different point of view, Japan is very smart to transfer all the env. pollution associated problems to somewhere else.  Being a develop country living index gets priority over the level of industrialization. They have been keeping very strict margins against all all possible air pollution means. 

3 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Being a develop country living index gets priority over the level of industrialization

If you statement was correct,Japan would have shut down all nuclear plants after the Fukushima disaster. Jobs come first in any case,especially with the current Pro-industry government of Mr.Abe,and Car industry is a traditional job creator from supplier to manufacturer levels, they would do anything to keep the factory jobs.

So I repeat,

India is decades ahead of us when it comes to industrialization

2 hours ago, ajm said:

Yes they are ! Considering the sheer size of its population it is a rather important (and large) market and creates a huge social impact on the globe. Unfortunately the ship has long sailed for Sri Lanka in many industries as India grew. Our only hope is that as the next industrial revolution comes around we would have actually sorted out our &&**^%$ and have a knowledgeable and skilled society free of prejudice and false senses of security and entitlements.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ajm said:

If you statement was correct,Japan would have shut down all nuclear plants after the Fukushima disaster. Jobs come first in any case,especially with the current Pro-industry government of Mr.Abe,and Car industry is a traditional job creator from supplier to manufacturer levels, they would do anything to keep the factory jobs.

So I repeat,

As far as I know nuclear power has zero emissions so it has nothing to do with air pollution as long as proper means of disposing nuclear waste.  Around the world nuclear power is the most economical means of generating electricity.  Fukshima disaster was all due to tsunami damage, which they could have either designed for. But designing  to stand against 500 yrs tsunamis, cyclones are not in general practice of structural analysis and designing. Anyway tsunamis and earthquakes can not be predicted. 

No doubts India is way ahead than Sri Lanka.  Being a country with smaller economy and population located closer by India, Sri Lanka has its own demerits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good morning people.

The thread really discussed the change in detail.

Many thanks.

Can i ask the stupid question as to when it's going to come in to effect.

Market prices of diesel 2.5L indicated that we're still on the old system. 

Thanks

Dimuth 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

it was working before,strange.

Looks like the end of Wagon-R market,like Prius and Acqua.

All the 1L prices will be reduced by 250,000.(Vitz,Passo,Baleno,Civic,A1,Q2..) as per some websites.

Edited by vag2

No tax reductions as per the Gazette notice from the finance ministry

Tax will be Rs. 1.5 Mn. or Rs. 1,750 per 1cc which ever is higher

Non hybrid 1000 cc will continue to be taxed at Rs. 1.75 Mn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gNaveendra said:

Tax revision news

Else Indian Kei cars?

Hopeful the flood of Wagon R would stop by this move. This has become another nuisance on the road like Alto fellows.    I hate some Wagon R idiots who flash bright head light on to incoming vehicles..Mostly I believe amateurs for using cars......  

54 minutes ago, Skyonline said:

The duty on non-hybrid vehicles with an engine capacity lower than 1000cc will be Rs 1.5 million.

https://www.news.lk/news/business/item/21648-import-duty-on-vehicles-below-1000cc-increased

Toyota Vitz
Kia Picanto
Perodua Bezza
Perodua Axia
Nissan March
Toyota Wigo

Any price change? 

1510679253_2082-1031_07.2018-1.thumb.jpg.c3e004053e30aaf3c2f1053b7248baeb.jpg2.thumb.jpg.1df33d603479710180d3e6fb1f4688f2.jpg

No. Please refer column IV. They define a minimum duty value. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, vitz said:

Hopeful the flood of Wagon R would stop by this move. This has become another nuisance on the road like Alto fellows.    I hate some Wagon R idiots who flash bright head light on to incoming vehicles..Mostly I believe amateurs for using cars......  

And they will be replaced by some other fellow, no point of blaming the car for the mentality of the driver

In fact compared to Alto or any other Indian crap, Wagon R was streets ahead with comfort and safety features.

It is unfortunate that the lower end of the market now will need to be settled for less.

• Like 1