• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Service in Toyota Lanka Maharagama

Corolla141

On 17/09/2017 at 2:32 PM, Corolla141 said:

I recently bought a corolla 141. All It's services has been done by Toyota Lanka from the first service it self. Can anyone please advice me whether to continue the services with Toyota Lanka if so what's the price normally there or any procedures to follow. 

Usually it's a fixed price for Corolla 141, it's around 12-14k as I remember. You get standard service, engine oil change, air filter cleanup and other regular checks for that. For the extra parts and services they will charge more.

As to continue the service with them or not, it's up to you to decide. If you can find a good place to service other than Toyota Lanka I don't see any issue with that. 

49 minutes ago, walkernet said:

Usually it's a fixed price for Corolla 141, it's around 12-14k as I remember. You get standard service, engine oil change, air filter cleanup and other regular checks for that. For the extra parts and services they will charge more.

As to continue the service with them or not, it's up to you to decide. If you can find a good place to service other than Toyota Lanka I don't see any issue with that. 

If its like 12,000 bucks for the above with toyota genuine oil and filter, isn't it cheap besides with comprehensive maintenance history you have a certain credibility when disposing the car one day. Also they do a bit of peeping around to find a faulty unit that you may miss elsewhere, even though you necessarily go change then and there with them. I find that information very valuable

• Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 5:59 PM, aamarakoon said:

Cost of a regular service usually cost about 4000/- without oil for a common sedan like this. I don't see why one should pay for the name Toyota.  

Uhhh...so when you add the oils and the filter doesn't it come close to 10K ish ?

IMO, price wise, if you go to a decent garage/service center/auto spa it is going to be within the same price range.  The good places will also give you ways and means to actually maintain a service history as well.

Whether you continue the service a Toyota or not is up to you. Continuing the service at the agent does give it some "+" points when trying to resell it someday. There are some additional perks in checking the car like what tiv mentioned but those I believe are a bit far and few between.

Now...do not think that the agent is flawless in their work. Seen plenty of cases where they skimmed through something small and the car had to be taken back in.

Also, do not fall in to the myth that "Toyota" oil and filters are the best you can do for your car. Its not. The manufacturer branded "standard" oils and filters meet just the minimum requirements for the car to optimally operate. (I said manufacturer branded because car manufacturers DO NOT refine/manufacture oils and oil filters, etc...they just endorse it and brand it). If you go to an outside garage you have the option of using some of the better oils.

At the end of the day what matters is that you properly maintain the car and keep it honest; and if you have ways and means of actually proving it via records then it would help you with disposing the car.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2