• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paint Care, Car Liquid Ceramic coating

raveeJaya

Hi All,

I have seen some advertiser about the car paint protective Ceramic coats. Has anybody tried them and is it worth to try it out. At the moment I'm using Wax for my car.

But I'm looking for long lasting solutions.

Thanks

Ravee

Edited by raveeJaya

9 hours ago, raveeJaya said:

Hi All,

I have seen some advertiser about the car paint protective Ceramic coats. Has anybody tried them and is it worth to try it out. At the moment I'm using Wax for my car.

Thanks

Ravee

Google search ' Go Nano Lanka' . Hope that they have some products  you intend.

19 hours ago, raveeJaya said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Ravee

I have been glass coating my car in Japan for the last 4 years. The car gets parked in the open through all the seasons and gets used only once or twice a week and gets washed once a month or so.  The coating does a really good job in protecting the paint and still looks very fresh and shiny with no faded at all. So yes...the coatings do work...provided its a good product and gets done properly.

The glass coating that I get comes in two packages. One is for 6 months, the other for 1 year and another for 18 months. Basically for each package the prep and the subsequent layers that are applied varies. Not sure about what they have in SL.

Some of my friends have used the coatings that are advertised by the usual car addicts around town and love it and live by it.

But on the other hand....using a good polish and wax routine by itself does wonders. Especially now that you get proper professional products in SL....only hitch is your time and effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

I have been glass coating my car in Japan for the last 4 years. The car gets parked in the open through all the seasons and gets used only once or twice a week and gets washed once a month or so.  The coating does a really good job in protecting the paint and still looks very fresh and shiny with no faded at all. So yes...the coatings do work...provided its a good product and gets done properly.

The glass coating that I get comes in two packages. One is for 6 months, the other for 1 year and another for 18 months. Basically for each package the prep and the subsequent layers that are applied varies. Not sure about what they have in SL.

Some of my friends have used the coatings that are advertised by the usual car addicts around town and love it and live by it.

But on the other hand....using a good polish and wax routine by itself does wonders. Especially now that you get proper professional products in SL....only hitch is your time and effort.

Thanks IRage for sharing your experience. I have seen few of these product advertised it Facebook and there is another advertised in SL as well. Will try one and see. I love to do all the stuff by me.

ceramic coating a car is a long standing solution when it comes to caring for the paint work, the good stuff being a bit expensive for my liking anyway. BUT the other option is a good wax n polish at home by your self using a good product. having tried many on my own car, not every brand will work for everyone. there are people who like 3M etc. Even you average Soft99 does a good job in beading out the water and all but it doesn't last long specially in our climate.

There are enough n more brands available in SL now, starting from Soft99, 3M, Meguiar's, AutoGlym, Turtle, ChemicalGuys & PermaGlass etc.

Not every brand will suit you so its a matter of finding the right one that suits u. IF u are a regular user and like iRage the car is open to the environment why not spend a few bucks and get it coated and u will be okay for a longer time maybe closer to an year hopefully, IF NOT spend a little bit less get a good branded polish and every couple of months when u see the water beading stop, use a bit of elbow grease and get the polish apply yourself.

Satisfaction guaranteed either way :D

Edited by Muditha420

I use the glass coating because I am not there to regularly wax the car which is sitting in the open (simply can't ask father-in-law to be waxing it).

For my dailies I use Meguiar's. The Soft99 I like is too expensive and Meguiar's is nicely priced inbetween the Soft99 (I want) and those like Turtle. For me a light polish every 18 - 24 months (again Meguiar's has a light polish) or a claying along with a 6-7 month waxing (a non abrasive one) works. However, I used the Meguiar's wax and wash when the car gets washed every 4 - 5 days. The wax and wash shampoo does keep the wax protection and the shine lasts quite well.