• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan N16 Sylphy

Nadee7

Question

Dear All,

I need your valuable advice .Im using 2003 N16 FG10 Sylphy.Recently i noticed there is a low coolant level in coolant tank & there is a little bit coolant in Drive belts.

Recently i changed genuine belts.Heat level also normal no over heat no water drop in radiator.Only coolant tank water level going down.What is the issue ?

This is not daily happen .On & often only.

millage is KM198000 genuine .

19 answers to this question

On 9/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, aamarakoon said:

Check the radiator cap, hoses and clamps.

It must be leaking when hot and pressure is high. 

I replaced a new cap also.This issue is coming only on & often .I checked heat hose line & cold hose lines.All are ok.

Looks like your water pump is on its way out. These cannot be repaired. Just replace with a genuine pump. Do not take chances or wait until the problem becomes more serious. With your cooling system it is a risk NOT worth taking.

2 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

Looks like your water pump is on its way out. These cannot be repaired. Just replace with a genuine pump. Do not take chances or wait until the problem becomes more serious. With your cooling system it is a risk NOT worth taking.

How to find genuine pump ?How japan recondition pump ?

How much it will cost ???

33 minutes ago, Nadee7 said:

How to find genuine pump ?How japan recondition pump ?

How much it will cost ???

For such a common car model why try a reconditioned water pump when you can buy a new one?Never try a reconditioned part for a water pump because this is a critical part, failure of which may result in a costly engine overhaul.  If it was your AC compressor you could have used a reconditioned part because worst that can happen is a replacement with another compressor. You should be able to get a original Nissan part (I guess the part number is 210104M525 but get it confirmed from the shop) or a genuine GMB replacement (GMB part ref: GWN73A again get it confirmed). Ask around, you should be able to get the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rumesh88 said:

For such a common car model why try a reconditioned water pump when you can buy a new one?Never try a reconditioned part for a water pump because this is a critical part, failure of which may result in a costly engine overhaul.  If it was your AC compressor you could have used a reconditioned part because worst that can happen is a replacement with another compressor. You should be able to get a original Nissan part (I guess the part number is 210104M525 but get it confirmed from the shop) or a genuine GMB replacement (GMB part ref: GWN73A again get it confirmed). Ask around, you should be able to get the price.

Do you know any reputed shop to get genuine part ?Around Kadawatha,Gampaha,Kiribathgoda?My mechanic said new water pump coming from made in taiwan.so he recommended japan used one. What is genuine GMB ?My Engine is QG15.

Edited by Nadee7

2 hours ago, Nadee7 said:

Do you know any reputed shop to get genuine part ?Around Kadawatha,Gampaha,Kiribathgoda?My mechanic said new water pump coming from made in taiwan.so he recommended japan used one. What is genuine GMB ?My Engine is QG15.

Go to Pathm@ Motors, Kadawatha, Next to Post Office.  

15 hours ago, Nadee7 said:

How to find whether its genuine or not ?

is there any logo ?

Whether there is a logo or not (anything can be printed including Rs. 5000 notes) you will have to trust the seller. If you are that paranoid go for the cheapest option and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Last week i went my garage & mechanic said if water pump goes continuously water leaking from the pump.I did the test run also but no visible water leaks.Finally he said we will wait & see.So i came back. I don't no really confused .

On 9/15/2017 at 9:03 AM, Rumesh88 said:

Whether there is a logo or not (anything can be printed including Rs. 5000 notes) you will have to trust the seller. If you are that paranoid go for the cheapest option and hope for the best.

Dear all,

Finally i decided to replace my water pump.I want to know small thing, are they drain fully coolant in radiator to replace the water pump?

Bcos i changed new coolant on 3months ago.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Nadee7 said:

Dear all,

Finally i decided to replace my water pump.I want to know small thing, are they drain fully coolant in radiator to replace the water pump?

Bcos i changed new coolant on 3months ago.

Thank you.

Yes. If you want to save it you can collect it in a bucket and reuse. Still there will be bit of a loss which you can compensate by adding some de-ionized water.