• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can I display a Sticker in rear windscreen

NY_Kid

I saw a car with a  " SAITM Epa!" sticker taking one half of the rear-windscreen and the "Doctor" Sticker taking another Quarter,apparently there isnt such a law(or does not apply to Doctors). But If you count on the rear-view mirror as an important safety feature during driving,some common sense should remain when deciding how much you cover.

Edited by ajm
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kush said:

Buses do not rely on rear view mirrors, they manage with the side ones

Good observation. that should explain why many bus drivers stop in the middle of the road suddenly to pickup passengers despite having some one directly behind. Because the poor drivers cant see someone is behind, not because they care about avoiding accidents less than  making money.:lol:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ajm said:

I saw a car with a  " SAITM Epa!" sticker taking one half of the rear-windscreen and the "Doctor" Sticker taking another Quarter,apparently there isnt such a law(or does not apply to Doctors). But If you count on the rear-view mirror as an important safety feature during driving,some common sense should remain when deciding how much you cover.

Doctors with common sense do exist but rare.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've seen vehicles with a complete advert for politicians on the rear glass, but then, I suppose the politician in question will transfer any cop who dares pull that vehicle up even if it is illegal, so I'm not really sure. 

Pretty stupid thing to do, tho. IMHO.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, abiman said:

Hello, 

How about front windshield? Stickers like doctor signs, school signs, lawyer signs pasted (usually on top left of windshield), is it legal? If not legal, can someone point me to a document saying that. 

Thanks

Depends on where it is...you can paste those stickers and even a sun blocking tint strip on the front windscreen up to a certain height (or is it depth) from the top of the windscreen. In general you can stick such stickers as long as it stays clear of the designated active area of visibility (or some fancy term like that). There is a document that has ll these things...I cannot remember what it is...it is the same document that has things about needing approval for modifications, etc...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mazdaspeed said:

Do bus drivers actually use mirrors in the first place ? Not to mention the Tuk fellows .  

Of course they do ! The side mirrors and stuff are extra real-estate to paste more stickers and hang more random shiny bits :)

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, abiman said:

Hello, 

How about front windshield? Stickers like doctor signs, school signs, lawyer signs pasted (usually on top left of windshield), is it legal? If not legal, can someone point me to a document saying that. 

Thanks

I have a school sign sticker on the left corner near the A pillar (the left side is almost full of stuff, Rev license, JAAI sticker etc..)  and an MCM sticker on the upper center of the windshield, Haven't been copped yet! . But, on a legal standpoint if the sticker obstructs the driver's view of the road which may cause him/her to not be able to avoid a road accident then its illegal (COP RULES). So when sticking it make sure you can see out clearly and not to stick it like the tuk drivers with dapper stickers that are bigger than their windshield. 

3 hours ago, HaeylM said:

I have a school sign sticker on the left corner near the A pillar (the left side is almost full of stuff, Rev license, JAAI sticker etc..)  and an MCM sticker on the upper center of the windshield, Haven't been copped yet! . But, on a legal standpoint if the sticker obstructs the driver's view of the road which may cause him/her to not be able to avoid a road accident then its illegal (COP RULES). So when sticking it make sure you can see out clearly and not to stick it like the tuk drivers with dapper stickers that are bigger than their windshield. 

Thanks for answers and suggestions.  Actually I was looking for a good excuse not to paste parking sticker on my windshield. I prefer to leave my job title at the workplace gate. 

Edited by abiman