• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Transmission Fix

simpleone

10 minutes ago, simpleone said:

Thanks Stig. I found it online and very appealing. Only thing is they dont brag about stop slipping as Lucas does. Do you have an experience with this?

Remembered your thread about transmission slip/jerk when hot. It happens to me when cold now and the car is similar BJ5P.

2 hours ago, simpleone said:

Thanks Stig. I found it online and very appealing. Only thing is they dont brag about stop slipping as Lucas does. Do you have an experience with this?

1 hour ago, simpleone said:

Remembered your thread about transmission slip/jerk when hot. It happens to me when cold now and the car is similar BJ5P.

Yes i used x 1r and it actually worked for about 2 weeks. However it was not a permanent fix and i had to go for a gearbox repair.

Mine also started slipping even when cold. I guess the average lifetime of the gearbox is around 150k

Worth a shot though, only 2k or so.

2 hours ago, simpleone said:

Yeah Postage is outrageous. Does the Lucas agent bring anything else than batteries?

Mostly battery related stuff like jumper cables, battery water etc.

Lucas agents is Browns btw (subsidiary called klevenberg)

Ok. I dumped a bottle of the oil yesterday night and let it settle overnight.

Not sure what kind of a sorcery this is,  the problem is 85% gone. Well that is more than enough considering the slipping I had previously.

Lets see how long this can hold up. Thanks again The Stig.

Ok. I dumped a bottle of the oil yesterday night and let it settle overnight.
Not sure what kind of a sorcery this is,  the problem is 85% gone. Well that is more than enough considering the slipping I had previously.
Lets see how long this can hold up. Thanks again The Stig.

I think the higher thickness of the transmission fix helps with the slipping. But only time will tell if it's a permanent fix.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: X-1R trick held up for about three weeks. The slipping rate kept increasing a bit by bit until I decided to take it to Nilwala motors. He gave a fix (Free of charge since he had done some work earlier on this) and now its as good as new.

Conclusion : Agreeing with The Stig, X-1R works for a limited time.

9 hours ago, simpleone said:

UPDATE: X-1R trick held up for about three weeks. The slipping rate kept increasing a bit by bit until I decided to take it to Nilwala motors. He gave a fix (Free of charge since he had done some work earlier on this) and now its as good as new.

Conclusion : Agreeing with The Stig, X-1R works for a limited time.

What exactly was the issue he mentioned ?