• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How do I select correct multimedia player to Suzuki Swift?

flashmark

Hi,

I want to fit new android multimedia player to my car since the model I'v is not supporting for video and usb. I'm going to buy it for ebay or aliexpress. Before buying one I need to confirm the below things

1. The existing player screen size is around 7.3 inch. But it seems (not sure 100%) 7.5 inch player will fit to the existing slot. So is that OK to buy  7.5 inch player? (Please see attached image)

2. As you can see in the attached picture, there is a large panel (Around 9 inch - top side and 8.7 inch bottom) also available. Can I remove it to fit large player? 

Thanks

car player.jpg

The size of the screen doesnt matter.

There are only 2 sizes used universally, 200mm and 180mm. 200mm is used only by Toyota and the rest use 180mm.

All you need is to check if the width is 200mm or 180mm.

And on the note of android units most of them will have absolute rubbish audio quality

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 7:16 PM, The Stig said:

The size of the screen doesnt matter.

There are only 2 sizes used universally, 200mm and 180mm. 200mm is used only by Toyota and the rest use 180mm.

All you need is to check if the width is 200mm or 180mm.

And on the note of android units most of them will have absolute rubbish audio quality

No. If u are using android one with player like vlc u need good sound system as well. Otherwise u ended up bad sound quality. 

No. If u are using android one with player like vlc u need good sound system as well. Otherwise u ended up bad sound quality. 

What?

What player you use is irrelevant, the digital to analog processors (DAC) on these can't even come close to the ones in good brands like kenwood or pioneer. That's why these are so cheap, audio quality is crap

6 minutes ago, The Stig said:

What?

What player you use is irrelevant, the digital to analog processors (DAC) on these can't even come close to the ones in good brands like kenwood or pioneer. That's why these are so cheap, audio quality is crap

But kenwood and pioneer also has players with android OS. i am talking about those

On 9/11/2017 at 4:27 PM, dhanuFB15 said:

But kenwood and pioneer also has players with android OS. i am talking about those

I thought i shouldn't bother replying to this since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, but then i didnt want anyone else reading this thread to get the wrong idea.

No Kenwood, Pioneer and other major manufacturers dont have players with android OS !

They use Android auto and it cannot work as a standalone os like the ones found in Chinese android head units. The main difference is that you cant use android apps without actually connecting your phone in android auto. https://www.androidcentral.com/android-auto-basics 

On Chinese headunits you can

And android auto does not support "VLC" like you have said, these are the apps supported for now; https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3001303_android_auto_all 

2 hours ago, flashmark said:

Thanks. Do I need 2 din player or single Din player?

The screenshot you have put is a double din player. Din size refers to the height of the unit.

single-din-vs-double-din.jpg