• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

unprofessional work at  Mr P*int 

ShanilJ

Can anyone pls explain how much of a difference these places charge compared to a small paint garage? Ex:For a small buffer dent and paint scratch.

when i ask from small place they said cost will be 10,000 ,...above two company says need to remove buffer for better work...but its really need to remove\?

Check whether they do the painting in a booth. Since your heading is related to "Mr.Paint" i can definitely recommend this place for a good job.I have done all my paint jobs at Mr.Paint and being a customer of them for nearly 5 years and currently my one is lying there to replace the front buffer!!! :speechless-smiley-004:

Edit: So i did replace the front buffer..Paint job is 100% good but the finishing was not. Fog lamps were not correctly fit and i could ran a finger with the gap between the light and bumper. told the guys and they rectified it. They have this issue most of the time.They do a good paint job and then again always leave something for me to come and adjust! But with my experience with other garages i would recommend this place for minor accident repairs and paints.

When i went this time i saw they had repaired a bumper of a white all new Prado. On the grill there was a camera and the guy who tried to fix it couldn't really get the job done. Remedy was to use double tape!..yes double tape to fix a FRONT GRILL CAMERA OF A BRAND NEW PRADO!

Edited by Shack
  • Sad 1

Top picks

Arabian Motors Maradana

Mr. PAINT vauxhall street

Auto Force sarnankara rd

Miqis Auto kolonawa

Can you give an idea of cost as to how much they will charge for a small dent repair.Ex.small buffer dent fixing and repainting the buffer.

• 1 month later...
Guys

could anyone recommend me a good place in Kandy to do a good paint job.

I've got scratch marks on both bumpers of my Honda Vezel.

Also, I've heard some bad stories about some reputed garages in Kandy

Not from Kandy..But heard Kundasale auto works is good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm on the look out for a place for a minor paint job on a bumper. Looking for a place that will pay attention to things like over spray, covering all plastics properly etc. Its going to be sort of a spot/fade paint job as I dont want to mess the whole bumper. Considering couple places.

Any recent experiences with below options?

MagicT***** in Nugegoda, Arab***Motors in Maradana or Kenta** Auto in Pepiliyana. Arab joint has some good reviews even on this thread. Magic place has a very convincing web site and Kent place seems OK. Anyone who has done a paint job either of them? Any other recommendations?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Dear friends.

think again when you want to get a paint job from MR.P. they are not professionals. see attached pic. i had to send my car for 2 more time to fix the dent issue. they do not care much.

see the issues below

1.  they supposed to replace the bumper bracket but they have fixed the broken one.agreed to replace it later. do not know when!

2. first time they did not fixed the  dent but just paint it.  

3.The lacquer mist is every where.

3. Bad cataloy paste work.

4. when i collect the car , one fuse had burned. the dash board lights was not coming on when the ignition on. how ever i personally attend to this and fixed it with my own

be careful !

20170817_171213 (Medium).jpg

20170811_170347 (Medium).jpg

20170815_122615 (Medium).jpg

Dear friends.
think again when you want to get a paint job from MR.P. they are not professionals. see attached pic. i had to send my car for 2 more time to fix the dent issue. they do not care much.
see the issues below
1.  they supposed to replace the bumper bracket but they have fixed the broken one.agreed to replace it later. do not know when!
2. first time they did not fixed the  dent but just paint it.  
3.The lacquer mist is every where.
3. Bad cataloy paste work.
4. when i collect the car , one fuse had burned. the dash board lights was not coming on when the ignition on. how ever i personally attend to this and fixed it with my own
be careful !
59a3027466ffe_20170817_171213(Medium).thumb.jpg.0f8a42da75a6b05d4e0a1206952d2ad2.jpg
59a3026f75ff8_20170811_170347(Medium).thumb.jpg.a103ebb60ba940ffb77ae52f52ea956a.jpg
59a30267074c2_20170815_122615(Medium).thumb.jpg.d3ef7bd045036eabd32e30a4d11766e0.jpg

Whats in the 3rd pic?

used bumper bracket . they have charged 8000 for this from my insurance company but installed broken one!!

another issue was , the new paint and old paint colors are miss matched!

Edited by sira

recently i had to replace and repaint the bonnet, fenders and doors due to a container crash and went to them... they were ok though.. matched the colour and no mismatch.. the only problem i faced with them is they delay.. however in the beginning itself when i gave them the car, i clearly told them that i need the colors matched without any mismatch or i will need them to paint again.. and i called and visited them on a daily basis.. then they know they cant f**k around with you.. 

• Haha 1

Well....color matching can be tricky especially when you try to just patch up a small area. Even if you match the color to an exact micron/particle of the sample in the machine; there still will be some angle where a complete and utter car nut with a serious case of OCD will be able to pick a slight deviation in color or a slightly inconsistent orange peel. The thing is the paint on the car fades and wears off with time due to environmental factors (as well as maintenance factors). However, the body has inconsistent fade and wearing off. Some areas fade and wear off more than the others. Obviously this can be minimized with proper care like waxing , etc...So even though the paint matches perfectly to the sample when put on the actual body there might be a slight change in shade (so its best to match the paint from a sample around the area that needs fixing..although that might not always be possible). When the area to be painted is somewhat larger it becomes a bit easier to hide these slight variances because you can taper the new paint in to the old paint such that the variations are hidden.

Now its not to say that the new paint can't be color matched and variations masked in small areas. Its just that it does require a lot of skill and not to mention time (which translates to cost...)

As for Mr. Paint...I have no direct experience with them but seems like their work is 50/50 and can go either way. One thing I have noticed about almost 90% of the body shops is they try to whisk through the actual workmanship when it comes to small jobs because it doesn't make business sense to them to spend a lot of time on it (time on actually working on it...not the time the car might be just sitting in their premises). Spending too much time and effort on the small jobs doesn't bring them much revenue because no matter what is said and done the owners are not going to pay a lot of money to fix a small area. So if you go there with a large job...what they turn out as the end result might be quite different from their small jobs.

There are garages that put the same amount of time, effort and skill in to doing small jobs. But those are expensive. My dad's RAV4 got hit by a crane hook which put a small dent on the rear passenger door. Due to the location, the repair could be isolated to a small space that was roughly about 3/4 of a foot in length and 1/4th of a foot in height. Fixing that cost nearly Rs. 45000.00 and took three days; and this is the same place that quoted 185,000Rs to strip and paint an entire car (with no corrosion). However, the repair is barely visible. Barely visible because a keen eye might notice a slight change in the reflection.    

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2

Hi,

I also faced a similar problem like this. They messed up everything in painting my car. They do not have professional permanent painters. Everything from  accident repair to cut and polish they have outsourced.  Guys work on piece rate or rather job basis. Do not focus on the quality of the job. Claimed hell of lot from the insurance for recon parts replacemnts. I never ever go there agin

• 11 months later...
On 2/17/2015 at 8:18 AM, Davy said:

I'm pretty sure I've shared this before, but I can't seem to find my own post, so here goes again:

A few years back, when it was high time I was to give my car a full paint job, I saw this offer on a local deal site where Mr P@int offered a 50% off for a paint job exceeding 100,000. The T&Cs said that the maximum discount that will be given is 50,000, which means you get a fixed 50,000 discount for all jobs exceeding 100,000. I obviously thought this was a good deal and wanted to make use of the opportunity. I had previously gone to many paint shops and obtained estimates, and all of them ranged between 80,000 - 100,000.

The deal site specifically had mentioned "obtain your voucher here and THEN go to Mr P@int" to get an estimate. I did the opposite because I wanted to know how much they will charge for a full paint job. So I went there. Two guys inspected my car from top to bottom and they quoted 130,000 for the full paint job. So this meant that I will end up paying only 80,000 if I had a voucher. I asked the guy to give me an estimate. And he was typing out the estimate on the PC when I started inquiring about the deal they have currently going. He said that it's possible and asked me to bring the car again with the voucher. The guy then paused preparing the estimate and went away for a bit and came back. After coming back, he asked me if he can send me the estimate via fax the next day. Although I didn't notice anything fishy then, I said okay and left. I never got the estimate the following day, or even the day following that. So I called him.

After multiple reminders, I got the estimate. With a figure of 180,000. As obvious as it is, they have taken into account the 50,000 benefit that I will be making from the deal and increased the estimate so that they wouldn't incur a loss. I was furious and called the guy who prepared the estimate and his response was "sir giyaata passe api oka gana kathaa karaa, sir ge car eke wadeta kohomath mey gaana yanawa". I totally lost my cool at that response and I rang up the manager and blasted him for misleading customers and trying to rip them off. I also made sure that I contacted the deal site and had the deal taken off before some other soul got caught to their scam. I was lucky I didn't fall for it.

This might not be related to the quality of their work, but I personally wouldn't submit my car to a workshop that is known for ripping people off.

Dear Davy, contacting the deal site and canceling the ripoff offer and protecting others is very admirable of  you. once again your help is much appreciated. :) 

• Thanks 1