• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

unprofessional work at  Mr P*int 

ShanilJ

Hey Guys,

I need to paint both the doors of the passenger side of my car. I am planning to do it in Mr Paint. Can you please share any experiences you have had there.

How is their work? I need a good job done and the colors should match. Since they are reputed company thought of getting it done from them.

Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Mr. paint is not the only paint shop in the country. There are plenty of roadside garages that do a decent paintjob even without having paint booths. Most of the agents are also equipped with body shops, which handle paint jobs. Decent big-name places are Arabian Motors, Spreymech, Autoforce.

Search and you shall find:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16622-paint-job/?hl=paint

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16037-need-you-opinion-on-paint-job/?hl=painting

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15815-good-tinkering-and-paint-garage-in-colombo/?hl=painting#entry256551

• Like 1

Go to Facebook and search for Vtec Motors (Malabe joint). They post their paint jobs on the page so you can see their work. Looks decent. I haven't got any paint jobs done here so this is not a recommendation but an option.

one of my friend did accident repair recently at Automiraj - Kohuwala decent job for his FB 15

cost - average

Job - bonnet and side panel

Guys I chose Arabian motors for the job. I went there today and i must say i am pretty impressed. They have work and they do know what they are doing. Will update after the job is finished.

Also Mr. Paint is been calling me everyday and asking when I am putting the car for the job. I took a estimate on Saturday and everyday this week they are calling me. Even my insurance guy told that they do not recommend Mr. Paint..

Thank you so much for the valuable comments you guys saved my car!!!

• 11 months later...
Thank you so much for all the comments guys.. Need to find s different place for the job then!!!

im also having some paint work on my car appreciate if you could share your experience...im going to get estimate from arabian motors..hope they are better than mr.Paint

Try Auto Force on Saranankara road, Dehiwala. Prices wouldn't be any different from Arabian I guess.

What kind of bodywork are you looking at? And what was the quote given by Arabian?

Edited by Davy

some scratches on body and rear bumper due to accident (cannot remove from cut and polish)..cost for repair 15k...insurance will be paying ..need to find good place...(two days work)

A good place usually charges around 8000 per panel according to my knowledge. It sounds like there's damage across two panels in your case, so 15k is not too steep IMO. And since insurance is covering the amount anyway, why not select a good garage for the job?

A good place usually charges around 8000 per panel according to my knowledge. It sounds like there's damage across two panels in your case, so 15k is not too steep IMO. And since insurance is covering the amount anyway, why not select a good garage for the job?

thanks///just found a place call

Kentaro Auto Engineering, Pepiliyana,seems to be they have skill people..