• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ticking Sound when accelerating

asanka_rg

Question

Hi Guys,

How are you all. 

car-swift HT51s

I recently noticed a ticking sound only while accelerating from 0 km/h and taking a slow turn (like a u turn). I check with a mechanic and he said the problem is the axle (might be a worn out cv).

Do I need to replace the whole front axle for this? or can I only replace the relevant CV joint. What is the reasonable way to fix this? 

thanks.

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, asanka_rg said:

Hi Guys,

How are you all. 

car-swift HT51s

I recently noticed a ticking sound only while accelerating from 0 km/h and taking a slow turn (like a u turn). I check with a mechanic and he said the problem is the axle (might be a worn out cv).

Do I need to replace the whole front axle for this? or can I only replace the relevant CV joint. What is the reasonable way to fix this? 

thanks.

Hi @asanka_rg

Do identify the exact issue, you can do the following;

- Turn the steering to right side fully and do a quick acceleration and listen to any kata kata noice

-  Turn the steering to Left side fully and do a quick acceleration and listen to any kata kata noice

If you get the noise from either/both sides then your CV joints have worn out and need replacement.. My advice is to replace both at once, otherwise you will have to replace the other side after few KM's which will result u additional labor cost + trouble.

Furthermore, i believe for ur model CV join can be replaced separately without replacing the whole axle ..(not quite sure, but over to experts)

Cheers