• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ceypetco FUEL REFUND

Goro

Question

Recently I pumped 95 Octane worth Rs 3000 from a Ceypetco station  and paid by card. And I asked for a receipt as well. After few days I was checking my online bank account and transactions and I saw a record like this, FUEL REFUND-LANKA FILLING STAT  worth Rs 58 and few cents.  What's the reason for this? Why did they refund this amount ? and if I payed by cash I would have never gotten this refund. Is this because they've pumped fuel worth less than Rs 3000 and since I got a receipt they wanted correct the error?

Edited by Goro

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Goro said:

Recently I pumped 95 Octane worth Rs 3000 from a Ceypetco station  and paid by card. And I asked for a receipt as well. After few days I was checking my online bank account and transactions and I saw a record like this, FUEL REFUND-LANKA FILLING STAT  worth Rs 58 and few cents.  What's the reason for this? Why did they refund this amount ? and if I payed by cash I would have never gotten this refund. Is this because they've pumped fuel worth less than Rs 3000 and since I got a receipt they wanted correct the error?

Boooohaaahaaa....!:D

This happened to me once for the Sampath Bank Credit Card.

That amount is waived off (cash back) as an offer from credit card company.

I think, this is question is irrelevant to this AL forum.

Edited by gNaveendra

13 hours ago, NPP said:

credit card companies charge a 2% fuel surcharge. But nowadays most banks refund it.

If you pump 3000/- you would see 3060/- on your statement and later a 60/- refunded.

This is what happens. Check your statement. You must have been charged 2% extra.

On 8/19/2017 at 7:28 PM, NPP said:

credit card companies charge a 2% fuel surcharge. But nowadays most banks refund it.

If you pump 3000/- you would see 3060/- on your statement and later a 60/- refunded.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:48 AM, aamarakoon said:

This is what happens. Check your statement. You must have been charged 2% extra.

Actually they haven't charged a 2% extra in the first transaction of Rs 3000/- , That's what made me wonder why they would refund any.