• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cefiro a33 Problem

nisala4423

Question

Hey guys <3 i have a problem with my cefiro a33.  when i drive the car over 100kms straight without any rest car start to stop accelerate. no matter how hard i give gas the car wont go over 3000 rpm same thing on second gear.. the car wont accelerate over 3000 rpm or 2000 rpm. if i turn off the engine problem will stop for 5 minute. there is no check engine light. also this wont happen in short drives only in long drives ( 100 - 150 km ) i cant show the problem to a expert because it will only occur when i drive for a really long time..  thanks :) 

19 answers to this question

Could be due to low fuel pressure. When this happens just open the fuel cap slightly so that you can hear a faint hiss sound. Leave the fuel cap at this position continue the drive and observe for same symptoms. If the symptoms disappear then it is something to do with fuel pressure.

On 8/17/2017 at 11:48 PM, nisala4423 said:

Hey guys <3 i have a problem with my cefiro a33.  when i drive the car over 100kms straight without any rest car start to stop accelerate. no matter how hard i give gas the car wont go over 3000 rpm same thing on second gear.. the car wont accelerate over 3000 rpm or 2000 rpm. if i turn off the engine problem will stop for 5 minute. there is no check engine light. also this wont happen in short drives only in long drives ( 100 - 150 km ) i cant show the problem to a expert because it will only occur when i drive for a really long time..  thanks :) 

i have the same problem with my a33. i dont know whether it's an electronic or transmission problem. i'm thinking of changing my car....but i love my a33. professional advice is needed.

On 6/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, kenny cruickshank said:

i have the same problem with my a33. i dont know whether it's an electronic or transmission problem. i'm thinking of changing my car....but i love my a33. professional advice is needed.

hey man i sold my car because i cannot find the problem :) mine is a manual too :) im thinking its because of fuel pump blocking :) but im not a expert.. please check the plugs and do a compression test, then clean the fuel pump... these are the things that i wanted to do to fix it :) please run a scan 1st to make sure 

Just now, nisala4423 said:

hey man i sold my car because i cannot find the problem :) mine is a manual too :) im thinking its because of fuel pump blocking :) but im not a expert.. please check the plugs and do a compression test, then clean the fuel pump... these are the things that i wanted to do to fix it :) please run a scan 1st to make sure 

one guy told me that one of my cylinders are not working properly he might be wrong thats why i wanted to check all the cylinders... 

On 6/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, kenny cruickshank said:

i have the same problem with my a33. i dont know whether it's an electronic or transmission problem. i'm thinking of changing my car....

Please share the details of the car, so that I know which car to avoid when I'm buying a Cefiro

Edited by PreseaLover

39 minutes ago, gNaveendra said:

IMO, we should not encourage such!

Selling a car without fixing the existing issue is a kind of cheating.

No....its not....selling the car by not disclosing (i.e. not telling the new buyer) is the issue ! Not selling it without fixing it is NOT an issue as long as it is not hidden.

I prefer to buy a car that is not fixed because then I can reason out the price and fix it the way I want it fixed. If a person is selling the car because of an issue, then fixing the issue translates to a quick and dirty cover up job.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, nisala4423 said:

Hey guys ❤️ i have a problem with my cefiro a33.  when i drive the car over 100kms straight without any rest car start to stop accelerate. no matter how hard i give gas the car wont go over 3000 rpm same thing on second gear.. the car wont accelerate over 3000 rpm or 2000 rpm. if i turn off the engine problem will stop for 5 minute. there is no check engine light. also this wont happen in short drives only in long drives ( 100 - 150 km ) i cant show the problem to a expert because it will only occur when i drive for a really long time..  thanks :) 

When this happnes, open the petrol cap and seeif there's a vaccume.

IF so, the fuel tank may be vaccuming to the point of fuel starvation to theengine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Twin Turbo said:

When this happnes, open the petrol cap and seeif there's a vaccume.

IF so, the fuel tank may be vaccuming to the point of fuel starvation to theengine.

The guy has already sold the car. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2018 at 7:27 AM, PreseaLover said:

great achievement.. did you tell the buyer about the issue with the car? 

i did not xD i was in a hurry and i really cant find the problem.. i gave the car for a really cheap price so :) 

1 hour ago, Nizam said:

What is the average fuel consumption of a cefero a33.

3.5km per litre if you accelerate hard and 4.5-5 per litre if you keep the rpm below 2. In the singapore version there is a button called power mode. If you switch it on and accelerate over 2 it does 3km in city

On 8/9/2021 at 10:27 PM, Shan Mac said:

I am going to buy a Cefiro A33 2000 model.. 145000 is mileage... Is worth for 2.5 mil...?

Whether anything is worth something is totally dependant on that person. For example...on FB there are people selling those JAAI and Japanese parking stickers for like 400LKR...for me that is not worth it and putting that 400Rs in to a koththu is a better investment. So...only you can figure out if the price is worth it.  Some tips for you to determine that would be:

- See what the average price of the car is (check adverts....if 2.5mil is too low or too high..then there should be some concerns/questions popping up).

- What is the condition of the vehicle you are looking at for 2.5mil. You should know after 20 years, having a mileage of just 145,000 is very unusual and probably has its meter changed unless it is verifiable. Having a mileage like 200-300 thousand is fine as long as the car has been taken care of.

- What are the other options available for 2.5mil ? Are there better car models out there ?