• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota axio 2007 ac cooling issue

Asanka_wijaya

Question

Im using toyota axio 2007 with milage 70k .Recenently i have noticed that my AC takes time to cool than normal (sometimes takes 10-15 min ) and it wil automatically stop whn car in idle mode or stable running speed around 70 km/h & need  accelerate to get ac on..ac cooling is fairly ok..is this problem due to ac compressor ??i have shown to a ac repairing place & they told me to replace ac compressor with 240 compressor and it l cost around 44 k (35 for ac compressor + 9k for labour,filter,gas charges) and they mentioned if problem with cooler will have to replace that as well..please give me your valuable opinion regarding this issue and please suggest me a good ac repairing place to solve my problem...thanks in advance...

6 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Asanka_wijaya said:

need  accelerate to get ac on..

that means when AC compressor rotates at high RPM it is capable to do its job. otherwise it can not. probably you have to replace the compressor (but 70K is too early to overhaul an AC system...) . what is the reason behind that they ask you to replace it with a 240 one (did they mention some durability issue related to the original model)?

28 minutes ago, MV-5 said:

that means when AC compressor rotates at high RPM it is capable to do its job. otherwise it can not. probably you have to replace the compressor (but 70K is too early to overhaul an AC system...) . what is the reason behind that they ask you to replace it with a 240 one (did they mention some durability issue related to the original model)?

It's a common issue among newer Toyotas which comes with "clutchless" compressors... According to AC mechs almost every JDM Toyota clutchless compressor fail between 50k-150k kms (dunno if this claim is true).  They replace it with a clutch compressor which came with older 121 and 240 models

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, MV-5 said:

Thanks for ur reply..they didn't specifically told about durability ..is it better to replace d same model than goin for 240 model ???..

40 minutes ago, Asanka_wijaya said:

Thanks for ur reply..they didn't specifically told about durability ..is it better to replace d same model than goin for 240 model ???..

to be frank i don't know, but normally this kind of replacement do with a different model due to few reasons,

1. it is hard to find the original model or it is too expensive

2. original model is notorious for frequent failures (might be not suitable for condition in sri lanka).

in both cases it is 100% OK to go for a different model, but only technicians who has loads of experience know the compatibility with the other components and what the components are that should be replaced to long last the whole system.

My suggestion :ask them the reason to go for a different model. get the second opinion as well  (or wait until a AXIO user (who came across the same situation) reply to this thread ).

1 minute ago, MV-5 said:

to be frank i don't know, but normally this kind of replacement do with a different model due to few reasons,

1. it is hard to find the original model or it is too expensive

2. original model is notorious for frequent failures (might be not suitable for condition in sri lanka).

in both cases it is 100% OK to go for a different model, but only technicians who has loads of experience know the compatibility with the other components and what the components are that should be replaced to long last the whole system.

My suggestion :ask them the reason to go for a different model. get the second opinion as well  (or wait until a AXIO user (who came across the same situation) reply to this thread ).

Thank u v much for ur valuable opinion...really appreciate..☺☺☺

1 hour ago, Asanka_wijaya said:

I would recommend you to go for Axio compressor if you have to replace it. Axio has a clutch-less variable displacement compressor which adjusts compression according to cooling level, engine load etc (Allion/Premio 260, Belta, Vitz all have this). It's less reliable but it's one of the reasons why Axios do good on fuel. 121/240 have conventional clutch based ones that always add constant load on engine. Obviously our local basses doesn't know the difference and simply recommend a one they comfortable with.

• Like 1