• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help On A/c Idle Up

Thusha

Question

Hi guys,

I have problem with A/C idle up of my honda eg8, can u recommend me a good place to fix my problem. i have already change my A/C idle up value with brand new one, still problem exist. pls need help on this.

thankx

Guys i have plan to add some more things that i notice related to this problem, when increasing & decreasing the A/C level from the controller the rpm is increasing & decreasing according to it, i know guys this is very strange thing, but its true. :) pls recommend me a place.

Hi,

I had a AC problem. I went to staford where they did the cleaning up but i had to replace the sensors. So what i did was i put a external switch and made the AC on/off in a seperate switch. This was done in a superb place in Kelaniya Anyhow Honda is known for stable RPM with AC or without AC. usualy mine stays around 800 with AC. I do not know if thats ok...

Hola

Did you show to the ppl at Staford again?

Guys i have plan to add some more things that i notice related to this problem, when increasing & decreasing the A/C level from the controller the rpm is increasing & decreasing according to it, i know guys this is very strange thing, but its true. :blink: pls recommend me a place.

I remember this same thing happened to another EG8- which Zakie was able to fix.. what RPM to you idle with AC? Is there the sound of a 'miss' when you turn it on.. Hola's idea also has some logic to it..

Hi,

I had a AC problem. I went to staford where they did the cleaning up but i had to replace the sensors. So what i did was i put a external switch and made the AC on/off in a seperate switch. This was done in a superb place in Kelaniya Anyhow Honda is known for stable RPM with AC or without AC. usualy mine stays around 800 with AC. I do not know if thats ok...

Hola

Did you show to the ppl at Staford again?

first of all this is not a honda bashing and i know this is o/t but i don't wana open up a new tread for this.

is it really worth it to take an 'old' vehicle to agent to fix problems. aren’t they suppose to be a rip off??? in other treads i've seen people saying that they took their hondas (eg8, ek3, city) to stafford for engine problems. is it really worth it??? specially for cars like that. guess its alright if the car has been maintained at the agent form day one.

i've taken my vehicles to agents few times that is to diagnose the problem using their computer thing apart from that i really don’t see the point unless its a real expensive vehicle(u know what i mean). just my 2 cents

Well actlualy its the mentality....some people have it in their heads that company is the best....some think its not worth it....My personal view is that if you are screwed, compnay can do something for you

Pila,

Do you have an idea on whats the standards should be in terms of RPM when its on N and D?

Usualy if I put to N it goes to 1000 but D is 800

hmm it should be around 700 but thats on manuals.. those numbers seem ok- if you have fitted ana after market rpm clock.. the numbers can sometimes be accurate.. check the underside of your bonnet, there should be a JDM sticker giving the correct figure.

Right thanks,

Thusha, another advice is that you clean off the front AC and radiator fins with air atleast twice a month. This was adviced by staford to me once, there is actulay lot of dust and whn you clean it you feel a great change

first of all this is not a honda bashing and i know this is o/t but i don't wana open up a new tread for this.

is it really worth it to take an 'old' vehicle to agent to fix problems. aren't they suppose to be a rip off??? in other treads i've seen people saying that they took their hondas (eg8, ek3, city) to stafford for engine problems. is it really worth it??? specially for cars like that. guess its alright if the car has been maintained at the agent form day one.

i've taken my vehicles to agents few times that is to diagnose the problem using their computer thing apart from that i really don't see the point unless its a real expensive vehicle(u know what i mean). just my 2 cents

Always trust the agents for parts.. (unless you own a mazda) labour can be found cheaper- but for critical jobs the agents are the best. specially for suspension issues..

Always trust the agents for parts.. (unless you own a mazda) labour can be found cheaper- but for critical jobs the agents are the best. specially for suspension issues..

for nissans...engine issues shud also b taken up wit d agents if ur runnin stuff like primeras n beyond...

Right thanks,

Thusha, another advice is that you clean off the front AC and radiator fins with air atleast twice a month. This was adviced by staford to me once, there is actulay lot of dust and whn you clean it you feel a great change

thanks 4 ur advice, u know i have already fixed that prob. i didn't went to stafford people 'cause most of them i personnaly know for each job like engine, a/c, tinkering and etc. anyhow now a/c working fine. 'cause i went to replace my blower and they fixed the a/c prob too. save my penny too B)

yeh agree ... :blink:

I remember this same thing happened to another EG8- which Zakie was able to fix.. what RPM to you idle with AC? Is there the sound of a 'miss' when you turn it on.. Hola's idea also has some logic to it..

now its fine i guess, with ac 850 and with ac off 700

free nam moko

Nothing wrong with it being free man. But if everyone were to wait for free clinics to come along they'd be putting their own lives at risk by doing no maintenance on their cars

Nothing wrong with it being free man. But if everyone were to wait for free clinics to come along they'd be putting their own lives at risk by doing no maintenance on their cars

Mechanics at free clinics have no obligation.. and just do qick fix job for the sake of the sponsors oh they have to talk big as well.. the breed that goes for 'em.. well refer above..

In Sri Lankan context as always..

Mechanics at free clinics have no obligation.. and just do qick fix job for the sake of the sponsors oh they have to talk big as well.. the breed that goes for 'em.. well refer above..

In Sri Lankan context as always..

true dat...its jus a waste of time n fuel goin to these clinics cos all they do is check d most obvious ailments which u can check urself...i knw this cos i went for one out of curiosity

;) yeh ... anyway how abt prize for the most less maintain civic, 'cause most of them in gud condition...