• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

KIA Picanto 2017. Should I buy?

Grid

Hi, I'm looking for a brand new car to buy and I am quite interested in the new Picanto as it looks very nice and the fit and finish of the inside plastics is quite excellent compared to other cars in the price range and they have a 5 year warranty as well. I need to know how is the fuel economy within city and if the engine has enough power to wizz around traffic. Or is it better to go for the other alternatives in this price bracket like the Toyota Wigo, Suzuki Celerio or the Perodua Axia? 

Personally, I believe you should drop the Celerio from that list. 

That leaves you with the Picanto, the Wigo and the Axia. The Axia and the Wigo are essentially the same car in a different badge and a few differences in trim.

All of the above have really bad safety ratings for the variants WITHOUT airbags. So make sure you get the variants with the airbags.

Then, I am certain the Wigo would be a bit more expensive than the Axia because of its Toyota badge. Is it ?

Now...I am not sure about in SL..but here in VN the Picanto comes better equipped than the Wigo. For eg. Wigo equivalent over here; only the highest grade comes with ABS whilst in the Picanto all the grades (except for the lowest) has it as standard. So you might be getting a bit more equipment in the Picanto for almost the same price.

At the end of the day all three cars are going to be more or less the same. For the most part all three cars feel equally decently built with tons of plastic that neither feels cheap nor lavish. Depending on the kappa engine variant the Picanto might feel a bit more peppier than the 1KR Toyota/Daihatsu engine on the other two. My guess is in SL they offer the 1.0L ? Which is going ot be more or less the same as the 1.0L 1KR.

You just need to see which one would be the better deal and look in to things like which one might give you better resale value (if you are in to that sort of thing)

55 minutes ago, iRage said:

Personally, I believe you should drop the Celerio from that list. 

That leaves you with the Picanto, the Wigo and the Axia. The Axia and the Wigo are essentially the same car in a different badge and a few differences in trim.

All of the above have really bad safety ratings for the variants WITHOUT airbags. So make sure you get the variants with the airbags.

Then, I am certain the Wigo would be a bit more expensive than the Axia because of its Toyota badge. Is it ?

Now...I am not sure about in SL..but here in VN the Picanto comes better equipped than the Wigo. For eg. Wigo equivalent over here; only the highest grade comes with ABS whilst in the Picanto all the grades (except for the lowest) has it as standard. So you might be getting a bit more equipment in the Picanto for almost the same price.

At the end of the day all three cars are going to be more or less the same. For the most part all three cars feel equally decently built with tons of plastic that neither feels cheap nor lavish. Depending on the kappa engine variant the Picanto might feel a bit more peppier than the 1KR Toyota/Daihatsu engine on the other two. My guess is in SL they offer the 1.0L ? Which is going ot be more or less the same as the 1.0L 1KR.

You just need to see which one would be the better deal and look in to things like which one might give you better resale value (if you are in to that sort of thing)

Thanks for the Info, much appreciated. I personally believe the new Picanto is the best looking out if the lot. Though when it comes to resale value I don't think any car holds it's value in the Sri lankan market as well as an Indian Suzuki or a Toyota.