• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4DR5 J44 Drum to Disc Brake - Rear Conversion

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi Guys,

After sometime from this conversion (Front Disc),

I am looking for a perfect matching disc unit for rear wheels of the J44 - 4DR5 (Mitsubishi) Jeep. The front was done with a molded discs and still runs so smoothly without any issues. I could do the same for rear but wondering if there is any discs that matches which I can buy from the market. Please share your reply. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Try early pajero SWB or 4DR6-T

Based Safari body Jeep units

Edited by tiv
  • Thanks 1

Good job with the front conversion. Unfortunately, your jeep was not factory fitted with discs,so getting a set for it's gonna need some looking up. If you're not hype abt all-wheel drive, why not upgrade to a new rear axle from a v46? it came with factory discs.

Edited by Twin Turbo

3 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Good job with the front conversion. Unfortunately, your jeep was not factory fitted with discs,so getting a set for it's gonna need some looking up. If you're not hype abt all-wheel drive, why not upgrade to a new rear axle from a v46? it came with factory discs.

Thank you for the suggestion. " rear axle from a v46" this will cost a lot more than 50k-60k which will be the ideal cost for molding two discs with all the caliper and brake horses. (All inclusive with mechanics cost) 

Don't you think replacing axles will not match to other parts connected to it? (Educate me pls)

My one option is to molding and other is to find the same exact discs and related parts that matches to the studs and mounting brackets.

So what do you think would be ideal for this?