• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini-suv under 2.5 mil.

Kax Takashi

Question

This might be a proper noob question but utterly confused after going over this topic.

I am looking for a vehicle to buy under 2.5 million. My main concern is resale value. I am used to driving an '87 honda teg. My choices have narrowed down below. 
I want to know which is the best option to buy in terms of resale value and petrol consumption.

- Zotye Nomad II - Chinese :/ are the newer models still so bad?
- Grand Vitara  - hard to sell, 
- Toyota Cami - any thoughts
- Rav4 1997 - any thoughts? probably out of this budget.

20 answers to this question

On 7/29/2017 at 6:35 PM, Kax Takashi said:

- Zotye Nomad II - Chinese :/ are the newer models still so bad?
- Grand Vitara  - hard to sell, 
- Toyota Cami - any thoughts
- Rav4 1997 - any thoughts? probably out of this budget.

1. Zotye Nomad II - are the new models still so bad.

YES

2. Toyota Cami : Not the most refined baby jeep out there. The same thing with a Daihatsu badge is a bit cheaper.

3. If you are looking for fuel consumption, then these crossovers are not for you. Even a Cami; a sedan with the same engine would be a tad more fuel efficient than the Cami. The RAV4 and Grand Vitara would have done about 7ish kmpl when it was new on a good day (depending on the engine on the Gr. Vitara would have done even less). With general wear and tear even the most well looked after specimen is not going to do that much now.

You might have better luck with a diesel like what Pericles mentioned. Forget about something like a LandCruiser or Pajero for your budget. Even the most abused ones go for astronomical prices. 

If I may ask..why do you need a SUV style vehicle ?

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2017 at 3:55 PM, Kax Takashi said:

Hey

@iRage I have a photography business which sometimes calls for long distance trips. So to answer your question trunk space and comfort. All these questions so I can make an informed decisions. Appreciate your response.

@Pericles is that an Isuzu Rodeo? Looks rare.

Please do suggest any models if you guys know.

Almost. It's a short wheelbase version of the Rodeo. It's called a Wizard MU (MU meaning Mysterious Utility - Translation, Isuzu don't know what to use it for :D)

As far as other models go, I might suggest the Nissan Juke (Though I think they demand what I think is a crazy price in the local market, probably not in your price range) or a Nissan Dualis/Quashquai (which should be in your price bracket.) 

1. Zotye Nomad II - are the new models still so bad.
YES
2. Toyota Cami : Not the most refined baby jeep out there. The same thing with a Daihatsu badge is a bit cheaper.
3. If you are looking for fuel consumption, then these crossovers are not for you. Even a Cami; a sedan with the same engine would be a tad more fuel efficient than the Cami. The RAV4 and Grand Vitara would have done about 7ish kmpl when it was new on a good day (depending on the engine on the Gr. Vitara would have done even less). With general wear and tear even the most well looked after specimen is not going to do that much now.
You might have better luck with a diesel like what Pericles mentioned. Forget about something like a LandCruiser or Pajero for your budget. Even the most abused ones go for astronomical prices. 
If I may ask..why do you need a SUV style vehicle ?

Isn't the nomad based on the cami platform? I was under the impression that the model was built under license or is it just a close copy?

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

Isn't the nomad based on the cami platform? I was under the impression that the model was built under license or is it just a close copy?

Nope...the Chinese company building the Zotye bought the presses and the designs off of Daihatsu when Daihatsu released the new model of Terios (by the way..the Cami is actually based on the Terios). Then, they mixed and matched  Daihatsu drive trains with Mitsubishi engines and all kinds of other stuff and made a mess out of it. So the Zotye has nothing to do with the Terios apart from looking like it.

However, I believe FAW, who is/was Daihatsu/Toyota's Chinese partner made an actual licensed version of the Terios for the Chinese market.

On 10/1/2017 at 12:05 AM, Kax Takashi said:

Hey guys,

What what about Mazda Tribute? Its been selling for around 2.2 mil. I heard about a bad petrol consumption issue if it is a six cylinder. I am talking about a 4 cylinder 2000 cc.  Will parts be a problem?

Probably. Not a common vehicle.

On 10/1/2017 at 12:05 AM, Kax Takashi said:

Hey guys,

What what about Mazda Tribute? Its been selling for around 2.2 mil. I heard about a bad petrol consumption issue if it is a six cylinder. I am talking about a 4 cylinder 2000 cc.  Will parts be a problem?

You still wont get anything over 7 in city. Some parts are shared with mazda bjs but stuff like engine components, body parts might not be so common. 

And if you are planning to make a profit this is not the vehicle. If you look at it from the point of getting a good value for money suv  it might not be a bad option.

Hey guys,

Its November and I am still looking, mostly because I am always at work. My budget has increased to 3 mill. Still couldn't find a decent ride. I guess its better to be patient. Let me know if any of your suggestions; if any has change with my slight budget change. 

I am fighting urges to settle for a wagon r because of the  new tax reductions and only because of that. Wagon r doesn't have my required space/volume speck.

Thanks for all your input. 

51 minutes ago, Kax Takashi said:

Hey guys,

Its November and I am still looking, mostly because I am always at work. My budget has increased to 3 mill. Still couldn't find a decent ride. I guess its better to be patient. Let me know if any of your suggestions; if any has change with my slight budget change. 

I am fighting urges to settle for a wagon r because of the  new tax reductions and only because of that. Wagon r doesn't have my required space/volume speck.

Is a double cab completely out of the question? 

3 hours ago, Kax Takashi said:

Hey guys,

Well..if you are open towards a Wagon R...why not look at a Hustler ? Its a bit more roomier than the Wagon R and has a bit more ground clearance. The Spacia would also be an option if ground clearance is not a concern.

A slightly large version of the Hustler will be launched next month called the X-Bee..but will be about mid next year by the time it reaches SL.

Edited by iRage