• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question

This might be a proper noob question but utterly confused after going over this topic.

I am looking for a vehicle to buy under 2.5 million. My main concern is resale value. I am used to driving an '87 honda teg. My choices have narrowed down below. 
I want to know which is the best option to buy in terms of resale value and petrol consumption.

- Zotye Nomad II - Chinese :/ are the newer models still so bad?
- Grand Vitara  - hard to sell, 
- Toyota Cami - any thoughts
- Rav4 1997 - any thoughts? probably out of this budget.

17 answers to this question

A mini SUV? You mean like this? Falls within your budget, and its diesel.

On your choices, forget that Zotye if you want to think about resale.

C360_2015-04-17-15-44-39-048.jpg

I think it's far better to go for a Japanese suv rather than going for a Chinese nomad jeep.consider going for a honda crv or Toyota rav4..

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2017 at 6:35 PM, Kax Takashi said:

- Zotye Nomad II - Chinese :/ are the newer models still so bad?
- Grand Vitara  - hard to sell, 
- Toyota Cami - any thoughts
- Rav4 1997 - any thoughts? probably out of this budget.

1. Zotye Nomad II - are the new models still so bad.

YES

2. Toyota Cami : Not the most refined baby jeep out there. The same thing with a Daihatsu badge is a bit cheaper.

3. If you are looking for fuel consumption, then these crossovers are not for you. Even a Cami; a sedan with the same engine would be a tad more fuel efficient than the Cami. The RAV4 and Grand Vitara would have done about 7ish kmpl when it was new on a good day (depending on the engine on the Gr. Vitara would have done even less). With general wear and tear even the most well looked after specimen is not going to do that much now.

You might have better luck with a diesel like what Pericles mentioned. Forget about something like a LandCruiser or Pajero for your budget. Even the most abused ones go for astronomical prices. 

If I may ask..why do you need a SUV style vehicle ?

• Thanks 1

Hey

@iRage I have a photography business which sometimes calls for long distance trips. So to answer your question trunk space and comfort. All these questions so I can make an informed decisions. Appreciate your response.

@Pericles is that an Isuzu Rodeo? Looks rare.

Please do suggest any models if you guys know.

4 hours ago, waka said:

What about Renault Kwid, since many people say it is also a kind of an SUV:rolleyes:

I don't think that's an SUV and resale value would be just a bit better than Zotye.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎02 at 0:25 PM, Kax Takashi said:

is that an Isuzu Rodeo? Looks rare.

yes,good things are rare. and also The Bighorn is a robust "real" SUV,but maybe a bit out of budget .

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2017 at 3:55 PM, Kax Takashi said:

Hey

@iRage I have a photography business which sometimes calls for long distance trips. So to answer your question trunk space and comfort. All these questions so I can make an informed decisions. Appreciate your response.

@Pericles is that an Isuzu Rodeo? Looks rare.

Please do suggest any models if you guys know.

Almost. It's a short wheelbase version of the Rodeo. It's called a Wizard MU (MU meaning Mysterious Utility - Translation, Isuzu don't know what to use it for :D)

As far as other models go, I might suggest the Nissan Juke (Though I think they demand what I think is a crazy price in the local market, probably not in your price range) or a Nissan Dualis/Quashquai (which should be in your price bracket.) 

1. Zotye Nomad II - are the new models still so bad.
YES
2. Toyota Cami : Not the most refined baby jeep out there. The same thing with a Daihatsu badge is a bit cheaper.
3. If you are looking for fuel consumption, then these crossovers are not for you. Even a Cami; a sedan with the same engine would be a tad more fuel efficient than the Cami. The RAV4 and Grand Vitara would have done about 7ish kmpl when it was new on a good day (depending on the engine on the Gr. Vitara would have done even less). With general wear and tear even the most well looked after specimen is not going to do that much now.
You might have better luck with a diesel like what Pericles mentioned. Forget about something like a LandCruiser or Pajero for your budget. Even the most abused ones go for astronomical prices. 
If I may ask..why do you need a SUV style vehicle ?

Isn't the nomad based on the cami platform? I was under the impression that the model was built under license or is it just a close copy?

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

Isn't the nomad based on the cami platform? I was under the impression that the model was built under license or is it just a close copy?

Nope...the Chinese company building the Zotye bought the presses and the designs off of Daihatsu when Daihatsu released the new model of Terios (by the way..the Cami is actually based on the Terios). Then, they mixed and matched  Daihatsu drive trains with Mitsubishi engines and all kinds of other stuff and made a mess out of it. So the Zotye has nothing to do with the Terios apart from looking like it.

However, I believe FAW, who is/was Daihatsu/Toyota's Chinese partner made an actual licensed version of the Terios for the Chinese market.

Hey guys,

What what about Mazda Tribute? Its been selling for around 2.2 mil. I heard about a bad petrol consumption issue if it is a six cylinder. I am talking about a 4 cylinder 2000 cc.  Will parts be a problem?

On 10/1/2017 at 12:05 AM, Kax Takashi said:

Hey guys,

What what about Mazda Tribute? Its been selling for around 2.2 mil. I heard about a bad petrol consumption issue if it is a six cylinder. I am talking about a 4 cylinder 2000 cc.  Will parts be a problem?

Probably. Not a common vehicle.

Would a double cab suit your purpose? You can put a cover on the back and haul your stuff. For your budget the options will be quite old but they will be solid and reliable if well looked after.

On 10/1/2017 at 12:05 AM, Kax Takashi said:

Hey guys,

You still wont get anything over 7 in city. Some parts are shared with mazda bjs but stuff like engine components, body parts might not be so common. 

And if you are planning to make a profit this is not the vehicle. If you look at it from the point of getting a good value for money suv  it might not be a bad option.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:03 PM, Quiet said:

what about KWID "THE MINI SUV" will cost you 1.95Mn :D

There are only two reasons to recommend that. You are on the sales team, or you really don't like the person who wants to buy the vehicle.