• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota passo vibration problem

GayanSameera

Question

Just bought a toyota passo but when idling the engine vibrates too much and shakes the car. When idle and on 'D' drive, the engine vibrates too much and shakes the car literally. I got the engine mount replaced but the problem is worst. Can you help plz.

Edited by GayanSameera

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the car. 

Did you get all engine mounts replaced or just one (because you said "mount")? The are at least 3 mounts holding the engine and transmission in place, and all of them need to be replaced together to avoid premature wear of new mounts due to the inability of older mounts to absorb engine vibration as much.

Also, does your car idle properly at about 700 - 750 RPM? If you don't know the history about when the last tune up was done, it would be good to do one. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:05 AM, GayanSameera said:

Just bought a toyota passo but when idling the engine vibrates too much and shakes the car. When idle and on 'D' drive, the engine vibrates too much and shakes the car literally. I got the engine mount replaced but the problem is worst. Can you help plz.

Hey, are you still having this issue? or already found a solution? I'm having the exact same issue with my Passo and found no luck yet. I've been seeking opinions of tech guys but nobody could figure out the real cause. So I'd really appreciate it if you could provide me some information. Thanks.  

3 hours ago, Priyankara Nayanajith said:

Hey, are you still having this issue? or already found a solution? I'm having the exact same issue with my Passo and found no luck yet. I've been seeking opinions of tech guys but nobody could figure out the real cause. So I'd really appreciate it if you could provide me some information. Thanks.  

If your car had no fault with electronics please read the answer given by @Davy at the top of this tread

regards

JC

11 hours ago, Priyankara Nayanajith said:

Slight changes in the chassis (i.e. high chances due to heavy accidents) could lead to significant engine vibrations.

If it is a 3-pot engine, it even gets worse.

The topic has been discussed for various other cars in the forum.

Vibration in Vitz

Pls do a search, they might help you!