• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I would like to buy a car but?

Haritha de santa

Question

6 answers to this question

Well either of them are new members but the axio has been for a while and showed some reliability comparatively.  In terms of comfort and options grace will take the lead but overall its more of a tie. 

All of these cars depreciate but toyota has a better track record of a good second hand value so it might get you there... 

2015 Axio 161 does around 15 in the city so not very sure of the 17 model but they both share alot in common so itll work around that amount.

Spare parts will be ample for the axio and for the grace too i think it wont be a prob. But in terms of the cost of parts hondas tend to be more expensive for parts to replace. But this is also very subjective to the item and car type n year. 

You get 3 years Sterling or Kobe for both the cars from most dealers so wont be a big headache if you are planning to sell in 3 yrs time.. But if you are personally importing then better consult someone to find a proper car to import to make things smooth.

Have regular service patterns and spend some time and give it a wash atleast 2-3 times a month. Check ur fluids and get a checkup at kleen park or sterling every 6 months...  Wont be big maintanence in the long run. 

On 7/18/2017 at 10:44 PM, Haritha de santa said:

Hi All,

I am thinking to buy either toyota axio 2017 or honda grace hybrid 2017.

I would like to know in terms of

what will be the best for me in 3 years time if i purchase either of them today.

things to consider

fuel

second hand value

spare parts cost

maintaince cost

I would simply avoid the Grace because of the DCT gearbox it uses. Doesn't have a good track record.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

I would simply avoid the Grace because of the DCT gearbox it uses. Doesn't have a good track record.

The Grace shares the same DCT as of the Fit GP5 and also the vezel as of some people's opinion. There was a recall in 2013 and production ceased till it was rectified but the recall was only for vezel and fit. Not Grace or City.  Still once again after the Software update and some adjustments all these cars are still in production which means they must have rectified the issue.. Also to mention up to date the Fit and Vezel are among a few of the most popular cars running around in LK and if it had a serious problem no one would keep on buying the same... And a few scrapped rotten eggs in the basket doesn't mean the whole basket of eggs are rotten.. 

1 hour ago, HaeylM said:

The Grace shares the same DCT as of the Fit GP5 and also the vezel as of some people's opinion. There was a recall in 2013 and production ceased till it was rectified but the recall was only for vezel and fit. Not Grace or City.  Still once again after the Software update and some adjustments all these cars are still in production which means they must have rectified the issue.. Also to mention up to date the Fit and Vezel are among a few of the most popular cars running around in LK and if it had a serious problem no one would keep on buying the same... And a few scrapped rotten eggs in the basket doesn't mean the whole basket of eggs are rotten.. 

1. I think the City has a conventional CVT transmission not a DCT.

2. The Vezel does have the heating issue as well and if you search the forums you will see several references to it. I don't know about the GP5

3. When the masses in SL buy vehicles, things like reliability, performance, etc...are low down the list of priorities. It starts off with fuel consumption, followed on by availability of cheap parts and ability to run cheap, how impressed the neighbours would be, etc...Thus, even if they did know about reliability issues they would still purchase the vehicle with the hope that they will be able to sell it off at a profit before the problems prop up. So yeah...in SL people will be buying the car even if it doesn't suit the local conditions.

4. The DCT issue is not a "PROBLEM", but in fact the type of gear box not suiting Sri Lankan driving conditions. In Japan the i-DCD does not have similar problems (any more). The City, HR-V (Vezel's export model) and Fit all have standard CVT gearboxes (also they are all gasoline variants). But that is fine...our Sri Lankan baases, car salesmen and doctor/engineer/lawyer permit holders  know a lot more than the engineers and techs at the car manufacturers. So we are in good hands

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I would take this as an advice. if it is only a "few rotten eggs" you will not be able to see a trend of advertising for dual clutch repair for these vehicles. just search that famous "quick site" (i*man.lk)  for the text "dual-clutch-repair". within few months if you do the same search you will be able to find out more than 10-20search results. but still "quality repair work" will cost you.

Edited by MV-5

2 hours ago, MV-5 said:

I would take this as an advice. if it is only a "few rotten eggs" you will not be able to see a trend of advertising for dual clutch repair for these vehicles. just search that famous "quick site" (i*man.lk)  for the text "dual-clutch-repair". within few months if you do the same search you will be able to find out more than 10-20search results. but still "quality repair work" will cost you.

I'm adding one more thing to it. If it's only a "Few rotten eggs" you will never get it done from their warranty. Because all companies are offering only manufacturer defects cover for Engine and Gear box. (No Gasket, No Injectors, No Rubber parts, No Electronic parts, No wear and tear parts etc. Actually, it covered nothing). So never rely on warranty it's just an another marketing trick only.