• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Reduction

Nishan.dj

Question

12 answers to this question

I have no idea but yes heard that they myt pull off a small concession to win back the people after all the crisis..not sure though but a tax reduction for over 1500cc is gonna be bæ for us to import some good stuff.. ??

On 7/18/2017 at 0:36 PM, HaeylM said:

I have no idea but yes heard that they myt pull off a small concession to win back the people after all the crisis..not sure though but a tax reduction for over 1500cc is gonna be bæ for us to import some good stuff.. ??

As intellectually challenged our politicians are they have the guile to know that of all the things the country needs the masses will bend over backwards and forget about the utter incompetence of our politicians and the dire situation of the country for a reduction in car prices. 

• Like 1

Hopefully the dont increase it any further! 

With many manufacturers coming up with downsized engines with turbo, reducing taxes will have a very much positive effect for car buyers!

I had an opportunity to drive a Toyota CHR 1.2 ltr turbo 2 days back! Trust me it doesnt feel like a 1200cc.

With alot of europeans and japanese releasing 1000cc turbos. We will have some variety to choose from.

Audi Q2 has a 1000cc turbo variant already launched in SL.

New A1 will feature same engine.

Suzuki swift has a 1000cc turbo variant.

VW Polos etc.

Im looking forward for the next budget and Frankfurt motor show September & Tokyo Motor show october!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clark's son said:

In the short term they will be good but with time when the rack up the miles they would wear out very fast.
Unlike the old school big engine vehicles which could run on and on for ever.

If you look after the engine even the turbos will last for ever (petrol). In SL most of the time other areas given in before the engine it is very rarely you end up rebuilding engines.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kush said:

If you look after the engine even the turbos will last for ever (petrol). In SL most of the time other areas given in before the engine it is very rarely you end up rebuilding engines.

What to do? We are out of options, either Indian or downsized turbo!

These"downsized" engines are good only for short distance and city driving with rapid acceleration. But noise , vibration, harshness and fuel efficiency/emissions at higher speeds puts them at a disadvantage compared to regular sized engines. Companies like Daimler have discontinued 3cylinder diesels because of this. The countermeasure by European manufacturers is regular size engines with cylinder cutoff based on torque demand. So a V6 could work on 3-6 cylinders at any time based on demand.

9 hours ago, ajm said:

These"downsized" engines are good only for short distance and city driving with rapid acceleration. But noise , vibration, harshness and fuel efficiency/emissions at higher speeds puts them at a disadvantage compared to regular sized engines. Companies like Daimler have discontinued 3cylinder diesels because of this. The countermeasure by European manufacturers is regular size engines with cylinder cutoff based on torque demand. So a V6 could work on 3-6 cylinders at any time based on demand.

Uhh....I have no idea what makes you say that but have driven a few 1.2L and 2.0L TC Toyota engines on Lexus and Toyota cars on highways as well as a few old Mercs and they have been pretty quiet with no vibrations or harshnesses that you mention of. Granted the Toyota engines were less than 2-3 years old but the Mercs were 10-15 years old. Not commenting about fuel efficiency or emissions because I never bothered to check. At the end of the day how they are maintained would play a huge effect too I suppose.

23 hours ago, zeem35 said:

Hopefully the dont increase it any further! 

With many manufacturers coming up with downsized engines with turbo, reducing taxes will have a very much positive effect for car buyers!

I had an opportunity to drive a Toyota CHR 1.2 ltr turbo 2 days back! Trust me it doesnt feel like a 1200cc.

With alot of europeans and japanese releasing 1000cc turbos. We will have some variety to choose from.

Audi Q2 has a 1000cc turbo variant already launched in SL.

New A1 will feature same engine.

Suzuki swift has a 1000cc turbo variant.

VW Polos etc.

Im looking forward for the next budget and Frankfurt motor show September & Tokyo Motor show october!

Honda Civic Gen 10 is coming with a 1.5liter Turbo with a 175 BHP. According to agents the 1st shipment is expected in Nov. 

Also, Merc new GLA is coming with a 1.6liter turbo with 122 BHP. That is an absolute beauty. had the pleasure of a test drive. amazing. 

Edited by Harry (aq)

Well compared to a conventional 3 cyl eco engine on many popular hatches like the 1KR offer alot of vibration and lack of rapid acceleration but yes the CHR n other new 1.2 ltr turbos do counterpart the turbolag and give good acceleration but still suffers the vibration a bit..  I'd personally recommend a 1.6+ ltr with 6 or 4 cyl cuz on the long run less repairs and repair costs... Also thethe acceleration and pull is immense... 

Anyway this topic is subjective and well many of us are off topic... ??

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HaeylM said:

Well compared to a conventional 3 cyl eco engine on many popular hatches like the 1KR offer alot of vibration and lack of rapid acceleration but yes the CHR n other new 1.2 ltr turbos do counterpart the turbolag and give good acceleration but still suffers the vibration a bit..  I'd personally recommend a 1.6+ ltr with 6 or 4 cyl cuz on the long run less repairs and repair costs... Also thethe acceleration and pull is immense... 

Anyway this topic is subjective and well many of us are off topic... ??

This is a far more interesting topic than b^*&^y taxes ! We all know how import taxes work in SL...so pointless talking about it. 

Still cant recall any vibration on the 1.2L turbo in the Toyotas in both the Auris and the CH-R and I did hammer those on the highway. Same with the 2.0L Turbo on the Crown Athlete. Granted yes...it does feel different and lacks the puffy-ness  of the good old fashioned V6 in a Mark X.

I think we should hold judgement on these engines...Nissan and Toyota have been working on these turbos for nearly a decade so who knows...maybe there are massive improvements over the old ones you are used to.

• Like 1