• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fast compact car

dantoddd

I'm looking for a fast compact car suitable for city driving. I'm not too keen on anything older than 2005, but i'm flexible.

I  don't want Minis, because the design is not to my liking. I am also aware that BMW 3 series is good option, but I'm looking for alternatives to that. Also please don't recommend run of the mill japanese designs like axela or premio, they're too common and lacking in character.

The budget is around 5 million but if a really good deal comes around i can spend 2 million more.

I've seen a few e-golf cars around. I'm liking the design but i don't know anything about the car beyond that. and they seem to have vanished from the ad sites  

yes. Golf-GT,Audi-A1/A3,Peugeot 307,BMW 1/2, Mini,Ford Focus,Civic Type R/S. This is a major market segment for European manufacturers targeting young buyers. But I doubt we have more choice apart from Pandas,Fits and Acqas(just compact but powerless). Egolf sounds like a good option,is the eCar tax relief still in effect?

Edited by ajm

Hi dantoddd,

Are you talking about about Sri Lanka city or another country? coz i am not sure you can do fast driving in Sri lanka cites, specially in colombo.

Get a Prius, you get the power mode to do fast when you can.

regards

JC

What I would suggest is keep scouring the classifieds here and elsewhere. What you are looking for, is a left-of-the-field car. These are some of the cars that comes to my mind..

Suzuki Swift RS

Lancer GT (not EVO. This is a 2ltr version of Lancer EX)

Kia Cerato - believe me the damn thing is fast

The assorted Subarus (not sure about the prices they go for)

Proton Satria Neo (2 door hatch with a 1.6 ltr engine and Lotus-tuned suspesnsion - there's only one in the country though!)

3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

What I would suggest is keep scouring the classifieds here and elsewhere. What you are looking for, is a left-of-the-field car. These are some of the cars that comes to my mind..

Suzuki Swift RS

Lancer GT (not EVO. This is a 2ltr version of Lancer EX)

Kia Cerato - believe me the damn thing is fast

The assorted Subarus (not sure about the prices they go for)

Proton Satria Neo (2 door hatch with a 1.6 ltr engine and Lotus-tuned suspesnsion - there's only one in the country though!)

+1 for the Suzuki Swift RS.

No direct experience with the newer one but drove a 3rd gen one that had a CVT gearbox with optional 7 speed manual peddle shift. It was unbelievably fast for a 1.3L, not the fastest but i guess more suitable for a city rider who seeks some kick down once in a while just for fun. The 4th gen i believe should do better and it matches your budget.

Was considering to buy the suzuki swift RS 2017. Love the honeycomb mesh grill and the design. However the interior build quality of this car is not very good. Feel plastic, and the space inside was less (comparatively to my gp1)

33 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

That car has been up for sale for a while now. Not surprised.

Trouble will be with spares.

Crosswind, It's been a while mate! Yes true, as long as you can source the parts when needed. Had the chance the test ride it sometime back, that was one heck of a fun car to drive.

4 hours ago, CyRaX said:

as long as you can source the parts when needed.

I think it should share many internal parts with the mainstream C3,only body parts should be rare. By the way,any Alfa Romeo Mitos have arrived in our streets so far?

Go for a Glanza or an STI7.. U can save alot of cash and use it up to custom tune the hell out of it... Can make a good sleeper with a good turbo engine swap and a good exahust n ecu to run it all up.