• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking to buy a car between 2.5 to 3.0 mn

amsandun

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy my first car and my budget would be between 2.5 to 3 mn. With the market prices these days, I am looking for some suggestions on the options that I could go for. I prefer a Japanese car. Currently having Toyota Vitz in mind. your expert suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There are lot of options available. But all depends on what you really like and what options or attributes (Comfort, Resale value, ease of maintenance) you are looking for. Hatchback? Sedan? 

If fuel figures are not much of a concern following are good options for hatchbacks.

• Toyota IST(2003-2004) - Do not have much experience with this but its a bit comfortable and reliable car
  • Mazda demio - go for a one with RPM meter (personal preference) and if possible one with a CVT gear box. This little creature has a decent amount of pulling power.

If you want to be more adventurous Pug 407 (2004-2006) - the car really pays off with the comfort and riding pleasure. But you need to put some extra precaution finding a well maintained one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zeem35 said:

For that price and size!

Its a Kei car with good utilization of space!

The meaning of 'spacious' is not good utilization of space. Peugeot 607 is spacious but I wouldnt call it 'good utlization of space' (did u know that a 607 is only about 3 feet shorter than a toyota coaster bus?)

For users, what's important is spaciousness. Not space utilization.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thanks everybody...Well it seems I might be able to stretch my budget up to a max of 3.4 mn.

Toyota Vitz 1000cc 2015 model is an option but I am not sure I like it for real bcz I prefer to feel some power in driving. So I like to have at least 1300 cc engine. I saw some comments in different forums and from some of my friends regarding the 3-cylinder engine of the Vitz that it may produce a vibration and a rusty noise sometimes. 

Do you guys have any comments about the 2015 Vitz in this regard?

Thanks...

On 7/11/2017 at 8:34 AM, SXP said:

There are lot of options available. But all depends on what you really like and what options or attributes (Comfort, Resale value, ease of maintenance) you are looking for. Hatchback? Sedan? 

If fuel figures are not much of a concern following are good options for hatchbacks.

• Toyota IST(2003-2004) - Do not have much experience with this but its a bit comfortable and reliable car
  • Mazda demio - go for a one with RPM meter (personal preference) and if possible one with a CVT gear box. This little creature has a decent amount of pulling power.

If you want to be more adventurous Pug 407 (2004-2006) - the car really pays off with the comfort and riding pleasure. But you need to put some extra precaution finding a well maintained one.

It doesn't matter if it's a Hatchback or Sedan. I am open for any good deal. But I think Sedan may be a bit expensive than hatchbacks right? I have Demio in mind. But Demio 2008/2009 models may have been used nearly 10 years and mileage is over 70,000. Is it advisable to go for such a car?

There is a new Mazda2 (Demio) coming soon anyway but I don't know at which price tag? :)

1 hour ago, amsandun said:

Thanks everybody...Well it seems I might be able to stretch my budget up to a max of 3.4 mn.

Toyota Vitz 1000cc 2015 model is an option but I am not sure I like it for real bcz I prefer to feel some power in driving. So I like to have at least 1300 cc engine. I saw some comments in different forums and from some of my friends regarding the 3-cylinder engine of the Vitz that it may produce a vibration and a rusty noise sometimes. 

Do you guys have any comments about the 2015 Vitz in this regard?

Thanks...

been in a few vitzes 2014/15 1L 3 pot's bit noisy and have to really step on it to overtake - interior etc is al good but sadly it is a bit under powered