• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Tyre Brand and its price for a Toyota IST

thilinamc

Best 195/60R15 Tyre Brand  

5 members have voted

1. 1. The best Tyre Brand for the Tyre size 195/60R15 with respect to its price

• Bridgestone
    • GoodYear
    • Dunlop
    • Yokohama
    • Toyo
    • Nankang

Hi all,

I have a Toyota IST (2002) and I'm badly in need of tyre replacement(all 4 tyres) since the existing ones are quite weared off.

Existing ones are Nankang Tubeless and the tyre size 195/60R15.

I'm looking for a Thailand/Japan tyre since I'm gonna sell it soon & I want to give a well maintained car for the one who buying.

So please give me your opinion about a Suitable tyre Brand ,it's price and a vendor(if possible).

Awaiting your suggestions.

Thanks

Edited by thilinamc

You want the best or you want the cheapest? There's nothing called best and cheapest.

If you plan to sell the car soon and just want to fit four tyres (and not kill the buyer) - look for brand like CE#T, Maxxis, GT. Prices are more or less the same anywhere in Colombo. Try the two shops in Malay Street, Slave Island.

If you want good quality ones - you have many options - from Pirelli to Toyo to Yokohama to Bridgestone to Kumho.

• Like 2

If you are looking for a cheap and good tyre pick a tyre that falls in the mid range, Kumho would be the best for your requirement in my opinion. 

If you just want to dress up your car as 'recently replaced all four tyres' go for something like CE#T.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NPP said:

Why not let the buyer decide if it's time to change? Give a discount for it and sell. Do people look at new tyres and assume it's "well maintained"?

Yes (indirectly). uneven tyre wear (due to bad tie rods, bad rack ends or incorrect wheel alignment) shows lack of attention. so owner can not say it is a well maintained car.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for your Valued Opinion. They were really helpful. I really learnt a lot with respect to the Subject of tyres.Combining my research and opinions provided by Auto-Lanka Community Finally got settled with KUMHO (Thailand) for 14,000 LKR each from Olympic TH.

THANK YOU ALL.......

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2017 at 2:28 AM, thilinamc said:

Thank you all for your Valued Opinion. They were really helpful. I really learnt a lot with respect to the Subject of tyres.Combining my research and opinions provided by Auto-Lanka Community Finally got settled with KUMHO (Thailand) for 14,000 LKR each from Olympic TH.

THANK YOU ALL.......

Hope you did'nt get the alignment checked by them.

• 7 months later...