• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota 141 AC Compressor

Ahamed_007

Question

Hi Guys,

Need your suggestions and help.

Recently my Toyota 141 AC started giving me trouble (83,000 KM)

* AC wont get cold (Sometimes it does after driving for awhile)

I took the vehicle to AC mechanic and I was informed that the AC Compressor needs to be changed and mechanic informed this is usual with 141 model.

He also suggested rather than fixing the same AC compressor which comes with 141 (Valve) recommended to fix a one with no valve which is a permanent solution.

He quoted 38K to replace the compressor and Labor charge 9K (With full service)

The compressor will be a re-conditioned one which he will give me 1 year warranty.

To fix a same as 141 which comes with the valve he quoted 20K but he warned the same issue might occur.

What I want to know is,

Is this a normal fault with Toyota 141 ?

Is it worth it to pay 38K to change the AC compressor to a better one or stick to the one which originally comes with 141 ?

Your thoughts on pricing  and other recommendations.

Thank you for reading :)

12 answers to this question

On 7/2/2017 at 0:22 PM, Ahamed_007 said:

Hi Guys,

I took the vehicle to AC mechanic and I was informed that the AC Compressor needs to be changed and mechanic informed this is usual with 141 model.

He also suggested rather than fixing the same AC compressor which comes with 141 (Valve) recommended to fix a one with no valve which is a permanent solution.

The compressor will be a re-conditioned one which he will give me 1 year warranty.

To fix a same as 141 which comes with the valve he quoted 20K but he warned the same issue might occur.

What I want to know is,

Is it worth it to pay 38K to change the AC compressor to a better one or stick to the one which originally comes with 141 ?

Corolla 141 or Axio 141?

3 hours ago, Prangi said:

Better to stick to the original spec one. But it's really expensive and only available in few places. Agents will quote you around 250,000 and other places around 60,000 - 70,000.

Yes I too agree. If its a VDC (Variable Displacement Compressor) like the one you get in Axios, Allions and Premios they are more efficient. I've got one for my Allion 260 two years back from a AC joint in Dehiwala for something like 35k. It was Singapore or Taiwan made.

Edited by asrock

On 7/12/2017 at 6:10 PM, asrock said:

Yes I too agree. If its a VDC (Variable Displacement Compressor) like the one you get in Axios, Allions and Premios they are more efficient. I've got one for my Allion 260 two years back from a AC joint in Dehiwala for something like 35k. It was Singapore or Taiwan made.

I'm using toyota axio 141 ( 2007) with milage 70k .Recenently i have noticed that my AC takes time to cool than normal (sometimes takes 10-15 min ) and it wil automatically stop whn car in idle mode or stable running speed around 70 km/h & need  accelerate to get ac on..ac cooling is fairly ok..is this problem due to ac compressor ??i have shown to a ac repairing place & they told me to replace ac compressor with 240 compressor and it l cost around 44 k (35 for ac compressor + 9k for labour,filter,gas charges) and they mentioned if problem with cooler will have to replace that as well..please give me your valuable opinion regarding this issue and please suggest me a good ac repairing place to solve my problem...thanks in advance...

16 hours ago, Asanka_wijaya said:

I'm using toyota axio 141 ( 2007) with milage 70k .Recenently i have noticed that my AC takes time to cool than normal (sometimes takes 10-15 min ) and it wil automatically stop whn car in idle mode or stable running speed around 70 km/h & need  accelerate to get ac on..ac cooling is fairly ok..is this problem due to ac compressor ??i have shown to a ac repairing place & they told me to replace ac compressor with 240 compressor and it l cost around 44 k (35 for ac compressor + 9k for labour,filter,gas charges) and they mentioned if problem with cooler will have to replace that as well..please give me your valuable opinion regarding this issue and please suggest me a good ac repairing place to solve my problem...thanks in advance...

Where do you live ?? if its somewhere close to Dehiwala/Mount Lavinia I can suggest you btw also I am not sure if its a good idea to replace with 240 compressor..just check with others. I am yet to repair my ac issue some say not to change the original compressor that comes with the vehicle u use.

Edited by Digital1987

1 hour ago, Digital1987 said:

Where do you live ?? if its somewhere close to Dehiwala/Mount Lavinia I can suggest you btw also I am not sure if its a good idea to replace with 240 compressor..just check with others. I am yet to repair my ac issue some say not to change the original compressor that comes with the vehicle u use.

Thank you for your reply... Yeah i live in dehiwala area... Any good place to go??

On 7/2/2017 at 12:22 PM, Ahamed_007 said:

Hi Guys,

What I want to know is,

Sorry for replying to an old topic.

I managed to get it fixed guys, funny thing is some of my friends suggested that it would cost up to 100K , took the vehicle to a AC place in Ratmalana, the technician looked at the issue changed the valve (I think so) did a perfect job. Funny part is it cost only 12K. If you guys need his contact info let me know, I'll drop it here (I don't have it at the moment but when I am passing that side I can get it)

Its working perfectly now its been few months since I fixed it.

Thanks for all your valuable input.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:24 PM, Digital1987 said:

Sorry for replying to an old topic.

I managed to get it fixed guys, funny thing is some of my friends suggested that it would cost up to 100K , took the vehicle to a AC place in Ratmalana, the technician looked at the issue changed the valve (I think so) did a perfect job. Funny part is it cost only 12K. If you guys need his contact info let me know, I'll drop it here (I don't have it at the moment but when I am passing that side I can get it)

Its working perfectly now its been few months since I fixed it.

Thanks for all your valuable input.

Hi could you please let me know the contact number of the guy who repaired your AC?