• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Stop in the Traffic

bimalnp4me

Question

10 answers to this question

How's the cold start - does the car rev a bit over 1000 RPM and slowly come back to a stable 750 RPM when warm? Do you see any RPM fluctuations when the car is idling or when the AC kicks in or when you step on the brake pedal?

If cold starts are not normal and you see RPM fluctuations, it's probably due to a sticky idle control valve or a vacuum leak. When was the most recent tune-up done?

• Like 1

I am not familiar with your cars engine but there is a common fault in Mazdas related to cam position sensor, this has been discussed in the forum and could be that. 

Also it can be something simple as a clogged idle valve. When was the last time you did a tuneup? Suggest you start with this. Clean iacv > EGR > spark plugs > check coils. 

• Like 1

As always thanks for the replyes..

One of my friend stops A/C before stop the Engine and start the A/C waiting few seconds after Engine start. 
Usually I'm always running with A/C.  recently noticed that when I stop the A/C engine also Stops...
last Engine tune-up is done few months back – and spark plugs also changed at that time.
2 weeks ago I noticed Engine mis and it was due to cracked distributer and it was replaced.

If the engine stalls when the AC engages or disengages, then its probably the idle control valve. You still need to answer the first question I've asked in my earlier post - cold start idle behaviour and general idle RPM. 

10 hours ago, bimalnp4me said:

Hi Davy,
Ops.. miss that..my car don't have an RPM meter....I have Bought a Universal RPM gauge online - but still didn't fix it...

I see, but do you hear the engine race after you start in the morning and then slowly become normal after the engine heats up? And you should be able to feel/hear if the engine idles rough.

IAC, had this issue in the ShitBox. It would just die when I let off the throttle and push in the clutch as I was slowing down. Sometimes happened mid-turn, the steering goes heavy very suddenly, but usually started again by popping the clutch immediately.

In my case, this behaviour only starts an hour or so after the car had properly warmed up, and time of day made no difference (some people attributed heat soak while stuck in traffic at mid day).

" steering goes heavy very suddenly " - this is when Engine Stops because - power steering pump loose pressure 

I have same symptoms. As Stig proposed I will start with an Engine tune up and  keep you guys posted

I had the same problem in my axela 2004 (auto), usually happened mid-turn in traffic as tbt noted above. But it was very occasional (maybe 3 times over 6 months) and it actually went away after a while - I attributed this to an EGR valve/sensor clean up I did, but not sure.

• Like 1

Gents,

I have done the Engine TuneUP -  from Asnu Lanka - Koswaththa...
Injector Cleaning  - 4750.00
For the Garage  -   2000.00 ( They did the Cleaning )
Uper and Lower seals for Injectors  - 2800.00
Total - 9550.00

Now it seems problem went away and Engine is Running much smoother. Still need to check on Fuel fugures .
Thanks All for the Guidance.