• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

AC sometimes doesn't switch on

GayanVitz

Question

3 answers to this question

Sounds to me like an electrical issue. It could be due to a loose connection or a faulty relay.

When you get the issue, open up the fuse box (engine compartment) and locate the AC relay. Give it a couple of taps to see it that causes the AC to work. If it does, the relay is faulty. You may also try switching it with another relay in the fuse box temporarily to check if it's actually the relay at fault. Make sure you use the same kind of relay.

If this isn't successful, take the car to a good auto electrician and get the system checked out for lose connections or faults. 

3 minutes ago, Davy said:

Sounds to me like an electrical issue. It could be due to a loose connection or a faulty relay.

When you get the issue, open up the fuse box (engine compartment) and locate the AC relay. Give it a couple of taps to see it that causes the AC to work. If it does, the relay is faulty. You may also try switching it with another relay in the fuse box temporarily to check if it's actually the relay at fault. Make sure you use the same kind of relay.

If this isn't successful, take the car to a good auto electrician and get the system checked out for lose connections or faults. 

thanks for the reply. I checked electrical system with two electricians. They said that no fault. I'm really fed up with this now. If AC works it works the whole day, even if I stop/restart the car.