• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Splat

Where to buy a Torque Wrench and a Dial Gauge Indicator

Greetings AL members,

I am on the hunt to buy a “ Torque Wrench and a Dial Gauge Indicator” that  I will be using for an engine rebuild. Is there anything I should be aware of, what type should I go for ? any place you may recommend???  To be honest I have never used any of these instruments before …:unsure:.. Please be kind enough to share your info and experience. Thank you.. :D     

Dial G.jpg

T Wrench.jpg

Edited by Splat

The Torque Wrench (US branded Taiwan made such as Crossman)  as pictured is available in some tools shops in Panchikawatta.  I have not seen the same dial gauge locally by may be available.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 9:33 PM, Rohnd said:

The Torque Wrench (US branded Taiwan made such as Crossman)  as pictured is available in some tools shops in Panchikawatta.  I have not seen the same dial gauge locally by may be available.

Thank you, Rohnd :)

On 6/24/2017 at 0:49 AM, wolseley said:

Try at AC pauls

ACP was very expensive but thank you. :)

Norbar torque wrenches at ACP can't go wrong ;) the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. They aren't pre calibrated or accurate at all.

• Like 1

I get my tools from "New Lanka Tools" which is on Prince's Gate, just a stone's throw from AC Paul's. They are generally reliable and their prices are good. Give it a shot and see.

• Like 1

Thank you Crosswind i will try  "New Lanka" Thank  you for your kind reply... :)

On 6/28/2017 at 0:30 AM, c1nder said:

Norbar torque wrenches at ACP can't go wrong ;) the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. They aren't pre calibrated or accurate at all.

" cheap for a reason " Yes they do. I will check the norbar brand at ACP. Thank you...:)

image.png.444c1c4a5e28d4e09202c17dbe5a4a7b.png

Hi,

I am planning to purchase the ACDelco Torque Wrench. 

Or

Would it be good to go for a classical one 13 - 250 Nm2

Use: General repairs of the vehicle ......I can ask my Mechanic to use this thing :)

image.png.3e45dfb01861a11bd2e177268e96a4e3.png