• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

European cars and Sri Lankan People

PremiumAlter

Hello! A young car enthusiast here. Im new to the forum and super-astonished by the amount of information underlying here. It is still hard to believe that we got such educated community here in SL about automobiles.So guys my askings are below. I would be much obligated if you could give your ideas about these questions.

1. If your primary intersts are luxury, driving pleasure and prestige instead of fuel consumption which car will you pick- Nissan Cefiro or Peugeot 407. (Considering both in the same price range these days as i know)

2. And the best one this - Why the relatively new and better maintained european cars with better features are cost lesser than the old jap ones which used by 2 or 3 owners. Seriously guys I see no good about this.

Thanks!

No idea about the Cefiro, but am quite satisfied with my manual 407. Since 4cyl,should be more fuel efficient than the Cefiro(6cyl?) I get around 11.5kmpl city and highway(driving up to 160kmph,very stable) combined. But it seems the Auto gearbox has some issues. Peugeots are quite popular in Europe as a reliable alternative to the overpriced German luxury brands(more bang for the buck)

from resale value, I think both not good since no Toyota badge.

Edited by ajm
  • Like 2

Thanks for your quick reply cross-wind! :)

And hi ajm. :medium-smiley-037: Good to have some ideas from a 407 owner. Yes 407 should do more on fuel compared to a cefiro but 11.5 is quite high than what I expected. Also what exactly are the issues with Auto gearbox may I know pls as Im more interested in a auto. 

And cross-wind can I know the experience with Focus u having if u dont mind pls. Fords are a different world for me. Never had a chance to drive one :unsure:

HI there,

Stepping in for a bit of info on the Cefiro, had one back in 2004 when they came in,

For starters its more of a land barge feel, Epic aircon, very comfortable soft suspension, and pulls really well,

I'll never forget the massive teak lump on the dash. Do note they are quite thirsty,  the V6 does like 4 to 6kmpl (95OC)

We as in my dad used to maintain it at the agents and a reputed Service station / Workshop in the suburbs of Kandy,

During the time we had no issues, would be a bit hard to get about and park in a city but that was no issue back then.

Don't expect them to be trouble free now as they would have seen many miles now, Certain bits are hard to find as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quiet said:

you cant get any prestige out of a 13 year old vehicle, So for starters you should look at comfort options and your maintenance budget and make a rationale decision.

Not really. There are many old cars that are highly respected. New doesnt mean it's posh and prestigious always.  The new is best mania is why we have so many indian death traps in the country(even my sister fell for the brand new CAE no plate).

1 minute ago, fiat fan said:

Not really. There are many old cars that are highly respected. New doesnt mean it's posh and prestigious always.  The new is best mania is why we have so many indian death traps in the country(even my sister fell for the brand new CAE no plate).

agreed. A nicely maintained Euro or an Executive Jap car will always give you a sense of prestige no matter what the age is. Personally feel some of the older models have a bit more character than the newer ones as well

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RWD said:

agreed. A nicely maintained Euro or an Executive Jap car will always give you a sense of prestige no matter what the age is. Personally feel some of the older models have a bit more character than the newer ones as well

oh yes. I still feel the new bmws and audis,etc cant be matched to the old girls. The new Audis specially are like freaking boxes!