• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is there a person who rode panda tiptronic?

prabhanuka

Question

I'm having a panda AMT car and I'm new to AMT. I have experienced a bad feeling while traveling in a hill road auto or manual mode. It was easy to manage a manual vehicle but this one does not contain a clutch lever.

Situation is like this, 3 passengers in car, in a hill road, in the mid of it one passenger got off. behind me there was a 3wheel. I have to go top to finish trip. I chose accelerator vehicle came down 3 or more feets. I used breaks again and tried with hand breaks. Hand breaks cannot stay against that load and slope and it also came down so I alerted the 3wheel to pass me and I went to begining of road and started in M mode 1st gear. Is there more than that to do for me like that kind of scenario. Please advice. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

I think the 1 liter panda is underpowered on hills. With an Auto it must be worst. I once rode a Nano to Dedugala hills (Bulathkohupitiya area), u had to push the car to get going if u stopped the car midway in a hill!

I'm not sure about the Panda, but automated manual transmissions usually come with hill start assist. This works with the aid of a slope sensor that detects if the car is sitting on an incline. If the sensor is functioning properly (assuming that the Panda has one), then the car should stay stationary for a couple of seconds between the time you take your foot off the brake and step on the accelerator.

I checked with A*W person he told me that celerio also has the same. And I contacted a celerio guy while on the way, he told his one also same. I think that sensor not available here as this is an economy one not sure about that. I think this was happened due to I'm not totally familiar with this car yet. Will see.

9 hours ago, Davy said:

I'm not sure about the Panda, but automated manual transmissions usually come with hill start assist. This works with the aid of a slope sensor that detects if the car is sitting on an incline. If the sensor is functioning properly (assuming that the Panda has one), then the car should stay stationary for a couple of seconds between the time you take your foot off the brake and step on the accelerator.

Budget AMTs available here such as ones in Celerio, Alto K10 definitely doesn't have such. Not sure about Panda though.