• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz

Chathura2015

Question

7 answers to this question

Vitz SCP10. From personal experience I can confirm it has quite good pulling power particularly below 70kmph speed. Make sure your transmission is in good shape and properly maintained with timely ATF changes and gears change at the proper RPM and load. Get a scan done to make sure you do not have stored codes.

Yes, do a tune up which is usually nothing more than a throttle body and injector clean up, change of plugs, air and fuel filters, check and change injector washers etc. Check fuel pressure. Also make sure they clean OCV filter ( VVTi  will not properly kick in if OCV filter is blocked) and PCV valve at the tune up. Also if possible clean the cam cover internals too. Hope I covered every bit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fiat fan said:

I think its the same in all 1 liter Vitz. They are noisy as well, also they vibrate like shit!

That doesn't necessarily applies to a 2001 - 2005 SCP10 Vitz. It has a 4 cylinder engine. The ones came after 2004 (KSP90) had a 3 cylinder 1KR engine which had mentioned issues.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hrm said:

That doesn't necessarily applies to a 2001 - 2005 SCP10 Vitz. It has a 4 cylinder engine. The ones came after 2004 (KSP90) had a 3 cylinder 1KR engine which had mentioned issues.

Yes I was talking about the new one. We had a 1st gen vitz with the 1.3 engine, that was very good and very fuel efficient. I have heard the 1 liter in that model was also not good.

• Like 1