Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Spec

Car Recommendation - with different financing

Question

Hi Guys,

I’m aware of similar questions being asked but I need help on my very specific question(s). Thank you in advance for the help.

I am looking for a suitable car, secondhand, with the following financial constraints:

Option 1: If buying a car outright, it has to be a maximum of Rs. 1 mill.

Option 2: Leasing the used car, maximum of Rs. 2 mill. Ideally the car value to be around 1.5-1.7mill.

For option 2, there are further restrictions of the car being not more than 10 years old. They did say they would consider YOM 2004-2006 if the car is marketable (which I assume is to have a resale value)

 

Car criteria:

Transmission: Automatic (Preferred but not compulsory)

Maintenance: Low (Because I’m generally lazy + my knowledge is very very very basic on this subject)

Fuel Economy: Decent (Maybe 10km/l in city)

Looks: Shouldn’t look horrible

 

So basically the best value for money car with the above criteria. I will be using the car for daily work use.

Good options from what I’ve read here:

1. Proton Wira – the 2004 model is possible to be leased (option 2).

Do the earlier models come under 1 mill?

2. Viva Elite – I heard that its possible to get a second hand one for 2 mill. Its stretching my budget though.

Would highly appreciate your expert input guys :)

Edited by Spec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Perodua Kelisa is the best value for money car in that price range. Don't know if you will like its looks though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks for the suggestion.

Could you give me an opinion on the Wira? I heard you can get it for a mill. Is that a decent car for me?

The kelisa looks like an alto. Is it roomy? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The wira is basically a lancer cb3 underneath, so it's surprisingly good. However most of the specimens I have seen are hacked to death and not looked after well. Doubtfull if a leasing company would give a good valuation for a wira. You would have a much better chance with an early jap like a bj, cs or a 110.

 

And does it really check this criteria "Looks: Shouldn’t look horrible" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Heh. It doesn't look that bad to me :D 

I cant get the leasing option on the wira yom<2004. Which is why I wanted to know if a decent one can be purchased for a mill.

The options you mentioned, these are cars yom<2004 right? You have to assume I'm a newb to this (which I am) so I can't really find the cars with those acronyms. I also assume these are >1mill.

So they won't be an option for me (assuming my assumptions are correct :D )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Perodua Kelisa is the best value for money car in that price range. Don't know if you will like its looks though.

 

6 hours ago, Spec said:

 

The kelisa looks like an alto. Is it roomy? 

 

as the man said for your budget a kelisa with A/Trans is the best bet. Look it's not a big car but a 5.11./85kg  dude like me used it for a couple of years without a big hassle.... it's country miles ahead of the Alto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Spec said:

Heh. It doesn't look that bad to me :D 

I cant get the leasing option on the wira yom<2004. Which is why I wanted to know if a decent one can be purchased for a mill.

The options you mentioned, these are cars yom<2004 right? You have to assume I'm a newb to this (which I am) so I can't really find the cars with those acronyms. I also assume these are >1mill.

So they won't be an option for me (assuming my assumptions are correct :D )

No they are not 2004, mostly around 2000 ish. Is the 2004 limit something the leasing company told or is it your own openion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yep thats their restriction. 

Looks like kelisa is the better option so far. Manual or auto though? From what I've read the main downsides of manual is the difficulty in selling it and the tediousness in driving in traffic (which Colombo is famous for).

Also, the cars I've seen advertised have done >80k mileage. Is that something which will be an issue for me? I couldn't really find articles on its durability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Spec said:

Yep thats their restriction. 

Looks like kelisa is the better option so far. Manual or auto though? From what I've read the main downsides of manual is the difficulty in selling it and the tediousness in driving in traffic (which Colombo is famous for).

Also, the cars I've seen advertised have done >80k mileage. Is that something which will be an issue for me? I couldn't really find articles on its durability.

Not an issue. It has a fairly robust Daihatsu engine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello you helpful helpful people.

I've had some personal setbacks which kind of delayed me getting the car (I was so close to getting the kelisa!). Now though, the leasing option is no longer there. My maximum budget is a mill.

So here I am still browsing through forums and sites to look for a suitable option.

Wira is looking the best; but finding a decent one for my budget, I'm not very optimistic.

Is a Hyundai Sonata 2000 a good option? I've read on this forum the fuel consumption is horrible (4-5?). Other than that, is it a good car? In terms of maintenance, spare parts availability, handling etc? Would it be possible to get it within my budget?

For some reason, I see some ads of March K11s for 1-1.2mn. Is this an incorrect market rate?

If you guys have any other suggestions, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance to whoever takes the time to reply :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey man. Now you are going to face a big trouble. Don't trust the people condemn Alto. It is not that bad considering local situations.  You may go for earlier version of new model. 2013 or 2014. Go for a company maintained vehicle. It costs around 1.7m. Collect some money for 2,3 years and then you are in what you need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey bro. Like I've said in my recent post, I can't afford anything above 1 mill. So the above recommendation is not possible anyways.

So far,  I've got 2 options from my searches; Wira and Sonata. I'm very confused with the March K11 prices though. I've seen some at 1.1m while a lot of others go @ 1.4-1.6m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Spec said:

Hey bro. Like I've said in my recent post, I can't afford anything above 1 mill. So the above recommendation is not possible anyways.

So far,  I've got 2 options from my searches; Wira and Sonata. I'm very confused with the March K11 prices though. I've seen some at 1.1m while a lot of others go @ 1.4-1.6m.

They may be 2 door k11. sonata does less than 8 per ltr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×