• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Q] JDM Starlet, uncommon gauge cluster.

terrabytetango

Exactly not known. May be for the help of handicapped drivers. (Or may be work with drunken drivers :P )

May be some parking assistance  while reversing. I guess surrounding  holes are indicators. Any idea?

TBT , do you know the manufacturing year of the vehicle?

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Its a P80 series Starlet ?

That would be a wheel angle meter. It was available for special spec'd cars for handicapped drivers and lady drivers. 

Seen those meters go for ridiculous prices on Yahoo Auctions because of its rarity

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, iRage said:

That would be a wheel angle meter. It was available for special spec'd cars for handicapped drivers and lady drivers. 

Seen those meters go for ridiculous prices on Yahoo Auctions because of its rarity

20 minutes ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

Exactly not known. May be for the help of handicapped drivers. (Or may be work with drunken drivers :P )

May be some parking assistance  while reversing. I guess surrounding  holes are indicators. Any idea?

TBT , do you know the manufacturing year of the vehicle?

To answer both questions, the pictures are of a 1991 EP82 4 door. it's got all the bells and whistles, including automatic climate control, which I have only see on Starlet GTs prior to this. And thank you iRage, your knowledge of obscure JDM oddities is much valued!

31 minutes ago, iRage said:

14 minutes ago, terrabytetango said:

To answer both questions, the pictures are of a 1991 EP82 4 door. it's got all the bells and whistles, including automatic climate control, which I have only see on Starlet GTs prior to this. And thank you iRage, your knowledge of obscure JDM oddities is much valued!

Sell the damn thing on yahoo asap :D

3 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Sell the damn thing on yahoo asap :D

Ah no, mine doesn't have that nor automatic climate control. I was just looking at pics to identify if mine is an X or Soleil.

4 hours ago, terrabytetango said:

Ah no, mine doesn't have that nor automatic climate control. I was just looking at pics to identify if mine is an X or Soleil.

What's the model/frame code ? That would be the easiest way to go about it as the accessories/options are typically all over the place with Toyotas :D

6 hours ago, iRage said:

What's the model/frame code ? That would be the easiest way to go about it as the accessories/options are typically all over the place with Toyotas :D

From the other two gauges, it looks like a EP82. 

3 hours ago, Davy said:

From the other two gauges, it looks like a EP82. 

No no...not that part....the whole thing....there should be a model/frame code that says EP82x-Axxxx. That whole thing (not the chassis number like one the other one). But yes..I believe TBT said it was an EP82 :D

4 hours ago, iRage said:

No no...not that part....the whole thing....there should be a model/frame code that says EP82x-Axxxx. That whole thing (not the chassis number like one the other one). But yes..I believe TBT said it was an EP82 :D

http://www.jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=121140&cartype=4&fig=8301

EP82-AGHNU? :) 

And I think I found @terrabytetango's exact EP82:

http://car-pricenet.com/cars/view/3437

Mods, please remove the second link if inappropriate. 

10 minutes ago, Davy said:

EP82-AGHNU? :) 

^^ This would change depending on the grade, body, engine and drive train configuration. So if you have the actual number from the car..then you can do a reverse look up and know what grade the car is at factory. 

Yes..the link you posted is the pics TbT had found on the internet and posted here. But that is not "his" car". This whole thing seems to have started as he was trying to figure out if his car in SL was a Soleil or a X (or a derivative of either one of those)

Since TbT doesn't know (or is uncertain of) the grade..he can take the number on HIS car and then look up what "grade" the frame number belongs to.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Yes..the link you posted is the pics TbT had found on the internet and posted here. But that is not "his" car". This whole thing seems to have started as he was trying to figure out if his car in SL was a Soleil or a X (or a derivative of either one of those)

Yep, aware of that. I should have probably worded that differently. If he had a car with these sort of options, he wouldn't call it (excuse my language here) "The shitbucket". :) 

it's still the shit box :P Broke a window rail mount 2 months ago, replacements arrived last week, going to have a blast of a time (not) removing the broken mount from the glass. I need to do some mild tuning mods for more mid range torque.

Edit: Also found that mine is the X-Limited, which I think is the highest grade one get, apart from the Gi, which is the Turbo look without the turbo bits and available only with the 2 door versions.

Edited by terrabytetango