Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
JanakaAnu

Honda Grace DCT transmission issue is with only 2014/2015 model, not in 2016. is this correct?

Question

Honda Grace DCT transmission issue is with only 2014/2015 model, not in 2016. is this correct?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
37 minutes ago, JanakaAnu said:

Honda Grace DCT transmission issue is with only 2014/2015 model, not in 2016. is this correct?

Don't you think that it also could be that the 2016 models have not yet been used as much as the 2014/2015 cars for the problems to prop up ?

You should check if Honda actually did any design changes or updates to its transmission (and or its associated components) in 2016. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Whether it is a 2014 or 2016 model DCT has a Dual Clutch made to engage and disengage as and when it demands. The clutch wears out whenever this happens particularly so in Sri Lankan traffic. If you take a Toyota hybrid of the same range the transmission technology is different and more reliable than a DCT, but it will not give you the same driving pleasure and performance. As the technology stands today you cannot get the best of both worlds. So the choice is yours.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Honda officially announced three recalls for their dual clutch transmissions and all of them were for their hybrid variant which came with the Fit Hybrid and Vezel Hybrid. (Both have 7 speed i-DCD transmissions with integrated motor). I'm unaware of any recall announced for the Grace. However, if the Grace also shares this i-DCD transmission, it may have been affected. Honda suspended production of the models when the issue came up, so the resumption of production only suggests that they rectified the issue in the newer models. Also, the issue was firmware related and from what I read, was solved by applying a firmware update.

Having said all that, I have seen many Honda Vezel owners complaining about transmission temperature warnings in traffic. The Sri Lankan hot climate, coupled together with how people drive in traffic (abrupt braking, sudden acceleration etc.) is extremely strenuous for any transmission - let alone a DCT. The Vezel however has a dual dry clutches which makes the situation even worse because rapid up and down shifting (in traffic) heats up the clutches and causes the transmission to throw an error. So if you have a DCT, your driving style (in this case, the entire country's driving style :))also can contribute to the longevity and behaviour of the transmission.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What are the other symptoms of DCD issues other than over heating. im a bit interested b'cos my wife's vehicle (Vezel) acting bit sluggish. Its now done 60K Manufactured in Nov 2014 maintained throughout at agents.

Edited by Quiet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2017-5-26 at 2:18 PM, Quiet said:

What are the other symptoms of DCD issues other than over heating. im a bit interested b'cos my wife's vehicle (Vezel) acting bit sluggish. Its now done 60K Manufactured in Nov 2014 maintained throughout at agents.

That. When the clutch starts to west out it starts to struggle a bit when you go uphill, you start noticing a drop in the response. That's your indication to check the clutch pack 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

probably these JDMs are not made to take the harsh Sri Lankan heat and traffic conditions

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just checked a random chassis number found in honda garage. Seems once the car is shipped, it cannot be tracked in Japan anymore

Screenshot_20180828-104741.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I was using a Grace from 2015 Oct. No issues in DCT so far. I normally change the gear to L position in heavy traffic to avoid frequent gear change. Also in a steep. Sometimes switch off the Econ in the city normal traffic.

Check the Duel Clutch oil in your periodic service. Changed together with gear oil change at 40,000km.  You will have no issues.

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
34 minutes ago, ThilakRK said:

I was using a Grace from 2015 Oct. No issues in DCT so far. I normally change the gear to L position in heavy traffic to avoid frequent gear change. Also in a steep. Sometimes switch off the Econ in the city normal traffic.

Check the Duel Clutch oil in your periodic service. Changed together with gear oil change at 40,000km.  You will have no issues.

 
 

 

It normally come after 80,000Km

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/28/2018 at 7:21 AM, rajithanw said:

Just checked a random chassis number found in honda garage. Seems once the car is shipped, it cannot be tracked in Japan anymore

Screenshot_20180828-104741.png

so Honda has found a smart solution to avoid liability for warranty claims at overseas Agents for vehicles not released for certain markets like Sri lanka..Although Nissan and Toyota also take no responsibility, none of them have been so clear like Honda. The car salesmen who imported and sold such grey vehicles(Vezel, Grace,Leaf...) to everyone from Doctors,Lecturers,Lawyers to businessmen with a million promises will be laughing from their backsides now..

 

Edited by vag2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, vag2 said:

so Honda has found a smart solution to avoid liability for warranty claims at overseas Agents for vehicles not released for certain markets like Sri lanka..Although Nissan and Toyota also take no responsibility, none of them have been so clear like Honda. The car salesmen who imported and sold such grey vehicles(Vezel, Grace,Leaf...) to everyone from Doctors,Lecturers,Lawyers to businessmen with a million promises will be laughing from their backsides now..

 

5

No 3rd party seller promises manufacturer's warranty and recalls support - unfortunately many car buyers in Sri Lanka doesn't care if they get it or not. I guess more than 50% of unregistered car buyers aren't even aware of the existence of recalls 

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Certain FIT Hybrids and Vezels of YOM 2013 was affected due to a software programming error of the gearbox. I think the Grace came in 2014 hence that problem wont be valid. Doesn't matter which year most probably the gearbox will be the same. Stop and go traffic for this DCT or for any DCT for that matter is not favorable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
48 minutes ago, amilaM said:

Is the Dual Clutch issue of Honda vezel exists in 2018 version?

Dual clutch has it's own pros and cons. If 2018 Vezel using dual clutch then you have those prons and cons. There's no special issue in dual clutch only the driving style  can reduce it's life time. 

Edited by virajn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
46 minutes ago, amilaM said:

Is the Dual Clutch issue of Honda vezel exists in 2018 version?

This has been discussed before. Please search before creating new thrads. Read through this thread.

Threads merged.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×