• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Co-Operative Insurance Review

Urmask

The rates are good for what they offer,if they can really keep their words in case of a claim is a dubious topic. So far I have no complaints,but also no claims luckily. The reason I chose them was that the car does <5000km/year and I have a friend working there.

1 hour ago, Quiet said:

5000Km/year? isn't it profitable and convenient for you to rent a car for those short travels? (Out of topic) 

What u don't understand here is his genuine worry about what Perera aunty next door will think of him not owning a car. 

3 hours ago, Quiet said:

5000Km/year? isn't it profitable and convenient for you to rent a car for those short travels? (Out of topic) 

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

What u don't understand here is his genuine worry about what Perera aunty next door will think of him not owning a car. 

well I don't care what Perera aunty or her hot daughters:P think,because I am overseas most of the year.

why I do not rent

1.not a fan of Japanese/korean/Indian cars,especially not the boring girlish hybrids offered by rental companies which cannot fit 3 big suitcases in the back with 3 Passengers+child seat and after long flight,we need a comfortable ride on the highway from Airport to home

2.cost of about 2.5 months decent rental car is about 3laks per year,which is more than the running cost of own car(routing mainteneace+registration+full insurance<1 lakh per year)

3.Although 16 years old,being a Euro it still makes sense to avert the risk to some extent by having full-insurance because the car is kept operational by a friend for a few days a month usually for suburban driving with few hundred kms.(are there any Older Euro Owners here who dare to drive with 3rd party in our traffic?)

I will start Renting If I spend less time in SL per year,or when the rental people will offer also Euro cars for reasonable prices without driver

Edited by ajm
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got a very Bad experience about their claim handling with Coop..

I was there customer for 3 years , only 2 claims for repair and paint bumpers, two occasion  -- no issue both under 10000/=

I was the victim for a Hit and Run situation -  a lorry Hit my car side panels including 2 Doors  and Run away while it was parked in a narrow road .
in the initial visit by Coop representative to check the incident, he mentioned that no need for police report.. 
Then get a quote for my car and the approved amount was 48000/= .. once I repaired the car and present it to the Coop Malabe branch
they took photos and every thing and they said they will get back to me..
waited one month and nothing happens , call them and  they informed my file was closed..
have to call few more times and after one month they inform file was re opened , but unable to pay because they are no police report ...
after fighting with them for another month they pass only 28000/=

so my advice do not go for them ... I switch to LOLC.. no claims so far .. will see..

• 2 months later...