• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Nano vs Maruti / Alto

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi Guys,

Could you all can comment on below request as per your understanding and experience please?

My intention is to buy a small car for a lower budget typically made by indian for the purpose of hiring / taxing or personal travelling needs within city limits. This won't be used for long distance travel. The easiness to handle and comparably easier maintenance is really preferred.

So, my list has Tata NANO and a recon Maruti / Alto.

If I go for a NANO I will be able to get a bit new one for the amount I will have to spend for an old Maruti / Alto.

I have been on both cars and personally as a passenger and as per I experienced Nano was better. 

My question is, if you own / owned either of these, could you comment on which to consider and why? Because it really helps me to make a decision. 

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Nishan.dj said:

Hi Guys,

Could you all can comment on below request as per your understanding and experience please?

My intention is to buy a small car for a lower budget typically made by indian for the purpose of hiring / taxing or personal travelling needs within city limits. This won't be used for long distance travel. The easiness to handle and comparably easier maintenance is really preferred.

So, my list has Tata NANO and a recon Maruti / Alto.

If I go for a NANO I will be able to get a bit new one for the amount I will have to spend for an old Maruti / Alto.

I have been on both cars and personally as a passenger and as per I experienced Nano was better. 

My question is, if you own / owned either of these, could you comment on which to consider and why? Because it really helps me to make a decision. 

Thanks.

Have no idea but being in P***Me and U**r taxis of all 3 types I can comment on how it feels like to travel in one - Nano despite it's tuktuk apperance has better space inside. The alto is horribly cramped and the Kwid doesn't fare well either.

3 hours ago, ajm said:

Nano is with Bosch electronics,Alto with Denso. So I think Nano will be more robust against electric issues during hard use,probably why it's so accepted by Taxi drivers. Both will be Papadam if crashed,but the Nano looks more rugged and stronger(I could be wrong). But the Alto prices are ridiculously high,so I would stretch a bit more and get an SUVish type(Kwid)

Worrying about electronics on cars with almost no electronics is like a man worrying about breast cancer

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

both are EFI,with Indian made electronics. A Relative bought Replacement engine computer for his Alto and cost about 70k,after rat damaged wiring harness destroyed some internal circuits. Normally they should be protected against short circuits.

15 hours ago, ajm said:

Nano is with Bosch electronics,Alto with Denso. So I think Nano will be more robust against electric issues during hard use,probably why it's so accepted by Taxi drivers. Both will be Papadam if crashed,but the Nano looks more rugged and stronger(I could be wrong). But the Alto prices are ridiculously high,so I would stretch a bit more and get an SUVish type(Kwid)

Hmm Bosch yeah. I wonder why Nano's suddenly started catching fire some time back. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Hmm Bosch yeah. I wonder why Nano's suddenly started catching fire some time back. 

could you further eleborate,what was the root causes of this?

a few years back,Bosch had a fire issue because of a feature/module used in only high-end vehicles,but i doubt the Nano has any of it.

• Like 1