Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sampath Gunasekera

My New Ride : Mistubishi Lancer CS1 GLX (A/T) YOM 2007

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, trinity said:

I too wanted those visors but failed to find Originals, So I gave up the idea. This doesn't mean that the originals are hard to find, just that i didn't look hard enough as this was floating at the bottom area of my priority list for the car. Suggest checking up with recon part dealers. If you find any let me know as well.

 

Are these the same as the ones an Evo of the same generation (CT9A/CT9W?)?

If so I see them pop up on Yahoo Auctions every now and then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think u should change the lights to HID LEDs.I changed mine,and it was extremely better than the stock halogens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to find the body colour code on the metal info plate attached to the firewall in the engine bay.

Agree with @trinity on painting the door frames satin black. I didn't notice that, and a bit surprised they're not painted black from the factory as I distinctly remember seeing colour codes for them in the workshop manuals.

 

13 hours ago, iRage said:

Are these the same as the ones an Evo of the same generation (CT9A/CT9W?)?

If so I see them pop up on Yahoo Auctions every now and then

Yes, they're a direct fit.

 

13 hours ago, trinity said:

Thats a great idea. We'll work something out. Its high time we all (The mitsu fraternity) meet. Lets work something out.

Onna oka ne ithin... :( I'll remotely join on Skype or something. :)

Edited by Davy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Davy said:

You should be able to find the body colour code on the metal info plate attached to the firewall in the engine bay.

Agree with @trinity on painting the door frames satin black. I didn't notice that, and a bit surprised they're not painted black from the factory as I distinctly remember seeing colour codes for them in the workshop manuals.

 

Yes, they're a direct fit.

 

Onna oka ne ithin... :( I'll remotely join on Skype or something. :)

@Davy let's have one in MEL B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MADZ said:

@Davy let's have one in MEL ;-)

Yay! :) If we can, I'm all in! I'll send you a PM to discuss possibilities. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I had a ride in one of my friends Lancer CS1.1.3 manual.Have to say,the ride is so far one of the best japs I've been.Comfortable than a premio.Guaranteed.The car that I had a ride is an army owned one,done over 200k kms,even rusted but the ride is so soft.Less body roll.Is on CE#T tires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DhoRK said:

Today I had a ride in one of my friends Lancer CS1.1.3 manual.Have to say,the ride is so far one of the best japs I've been.Comfortable than a premio.Guaranteed.The car that I had a ride is an army owned one,done over 200k kms,even rusted but the ride is so soft.Less body roll.Is on CE#T tires.

Compared to the CS series the EX is less comfortable - you really "feel" the road imperfections.

Stiffer suspension perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I received relevant sales brochure of my car (2nd face lift) from kind gentleman of UM on my request.

20170519_220309.thumb.jpg.1b81674d4e116405da62139b0af6d3f9.jpg

Pre face-lift, 1st face-lift and 2nd face-lift catalogs are appear as follows. (Pre face-lift copy gifted to member Trinity)

lancer.thumb.jpg.d056db7ab5898bd2a35d8a66833db1b1.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, Davy said:

The brand new CS Lancer came in two trims (I'm saying this for the millionth time on the forum now). GL and GLX where GLX is the full option one which has dual airbags and all the other bells and whistles like a 6CD changer, ABS, fog lamps etc. Sampath's car is a GLX, so it has all of the options. Search the forum and you can find more information.

Further to the Davy's explain on trim levels, let me add more detail. (Considering 1st face-lift version & 2nd face-lift version)

Trim levels offered to Sri Lankan market are GL & GLX.  (1600GLX / 1300GLX / 1300GL)

GLX is the highest. GLX has package options like Alloy wheels, Front Fog Lamps etc. (I have seen GLX units without Fog Lamps/ Alloy wheels / 6CD player)

GLX has 3 different package option categories :–

(1)    Luxury Gray Package

(2)    Elegance Beige Package

(3)    Sports Exterior Package

However detailed chart shows Fog lamps , 6 CD player can add as options for even GL trim level. But I see , when considering brand new imports, all additional options added to only GLX and might be it was the way Unit#d Mot#rs offered the trim levels to Sri Lankan market.

(All detailed based on sales brochures/catalogs issued by Unit#d Mot#rs only)

20170519_220353.thumb.jpg.a18eacf03a2ea77beb221bfb71a5bc17.jpg

20170519_220710.thumb.jpg.9dd9dafb67dc3d3d7bd5efa40a80c332.jpg

20170519_220556.thumb.jpg.b0bd546148a28af89566f7e1171f59ab.jpg

20170519_220831.thumb.jpg.6fc5caf45794dc7d89a68c12a23fba68.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CONGRATS ON THE NU TOY BRO, !

Couldn't help notice the heater is slightly on.Turn it all the way dowm and let the a/c do it's job.:)

Cheers,..

TT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

CONGRATS ON THE NU TOY BRO, !

Couldn't help notice the heater is slightly on.Turn it all the way dowm and let the a/c do it's job.:)

Cheers,..

TT.

Only if you wanna freeze to death inside the car.. ? 

Heater at the coldest setting is ok during day time, but in the evening and early morning it's gonna be notoriously cold as these cars are having one hell of a cooling system.. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trinity said:

Only if you wanna freeze to death inside the car.. ? 

Heater at the coldest setting is ok during day time, but in the evening and early morning it's gonna be notoriously cold as these cars are having one hell of a cooling system.. ?

Trinity, you understood my difficulty. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

59889cc56b8c5_Mylancer.jpg.ffc142e7a68b7bd57ab937ef9dc79c94.jpg

Three months passed under my ownership.

Some maintenance work done at agents.

(1)    ATF changed by ATF changer. (Perodua section never use ATF changer for ATF changing but Mitsubishi section does)

(Mitsubishi Diaqueen ATF SP3, 10 liters – Rs.16,320 , Labour – Rs.2,106 )

(2)    Lubrication service done. (Materials & Labour Rs. 11,874)

Mitsubishi Oil filter code : MD360935

(3)    Cabin Room Bulb replaced (Mitsubishi Code : MF820513)

(4)    Boot lid lock was unable to open by the key when I purchased the car.

Lock barrel taken out , treated with WD40 and lubricated. Now it works pretty fine and smoothly.

(5)    Right side front wheel hub bearing was noisy. Replaced it. Mitsubishi code: 3885A001 , OEM manufacturer: NTN, Bearing cost : Rs.10,154 & Labour cost  Rs.2,886)

(6)    For the time being aftermarket door visor set installed. Not that bad.

Many thanks to @trinity for introducing me https://partsouq.com/

Once you entered chassis number of the vehicle, it gives all genuine part numbers with relevant diagrams.  Very useful.

M2.thumb.jpg.50ff143f33ad1a14f8b3f7ddada5ef4b.jpg

M1.thumb.jpg.62855e8cbe890ea96b7675fe8ff337fa.jpg

(Previous owner  @Rusiru Sooriyakumara was a frequent reader of Autolanka. I invited him to join to AL forum and now he is here. Welcome to AL Rusiru !!!)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there a oil filter/strainer unit that needs to be replaced with the ATF in these cars ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Isn't there a oil filter/strainer unit that needs to be replaced with the ATF in these cars ?

iRage, I have never heard this before and even UM never mentioned it. Also not seen it on service instruction manual , but surely I will recheck it. Thanks.

When I checked with parts manual, I see such a filter, probably the one you mentioned.   

598941eb712b5_ATFfilter.thumb.jpg.2139b1ad332a9c018f253573de991f4d.jpg

When googled found the item as follows.

598942527b895_atffilter1.jpg.c58da5e3a3e8d9ae24f8ef949e07aa8d.jpg

@Davy , @trinity Any idea about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah..that thingy....usually it is recommended to change that thingy as well as the thing would be straining out any impurities (metal shaving, etc) from the oil. When the filter gets clogged it may cause the transmission to be a little hesitant (at least that was the case in a 2nd gen Suzuki Swift we had a long long time ago...and a Volvo 740GLE...and also what was recommended by Toyota Lanka and my Toyota dealer in JPN and PAS for the Mark X)

Perhaps it was not recommended because it is an inspect only item until a certain mileage ? but then wouldn't changing the two at different intervals be a pain and require another oil change anyway ?

Edited by iRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratz mate, that is indeed a clean set of wheels

Those original sun-visors came across on Ya**o J*p*n A*ct**n and was a thumping amount close to some 10k Yen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Muditha420 said:

Congratz mate, that is indeed a clean set of wheels
 

Didn't the car come with those wheels ? Great that you found actual stock alloys.

So yeah...went through some Toyota service manuals...those do recommend the oil strainer to be replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jor-el said:

How much was the oil filter (MD360935)? is it still 2,273/= ?

Yes, correct. :D

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Didn't the car come with those wheels ? Great that you found actual stock alloys.

Car came with factory fitted alloys including spare wheel.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, iRage said:

Yeah..that thingy....usually it is recommended to change that thingy as well as the thing would be straining out any impurities (metal shaving, etc) from the oil. When the filter gets clogged it may cause the transmission to be a little hesitant (at least that was the case in a 2nd gen Suzuki Swift we had a long long time ago...and a Volvo 740GLE...and also what was recommended by Toyota Lanka and my Toyota dealer in JPN and PAS for the Mark X)

Perhaps it was not recommended because it is an inspect only item until a certain mileage ? but then wouldn't changing the two at different intervals be a pain and require another oil change anyway ?

I checked with UM and they say that they replace ATF only. 

I checked both Service Booklet and Owner's Manual, but nothing mention about Transmission  Filter or replacing it.

Maintainance.thumb.jpg.98ca319fa7fbd3be2a9c37606fce0385.jpg

However seems this Transmission filter comes with a gasket and need a proper job to replace it.

filter.jpg.a8f992cd02eee4c59f1e4021d6fa01f3.jpg

http://www.brettsfilters.com.au/p/9141229/jt215k-auto-transmission-filter-kit-azumi-jt23215k-mitsubishi-md758684-mitsubishi-carisma-mitsubishi-colt-mitsubishi-lancer-mitsubishi-space-sta-.html

Found few videos about transmission filter changing. 

 

I will check about transmission filter matter on my next visit to UM.  Anyway thanks @iRage I learnt a lot from you. :D

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

 

@Davy , @trinity Any idea about this?

Sorry, just seeing this. The filter is not a service item from what I remember. It's considered to be used for the lifetime of the vehicle (which is usually about 15 to 20 years max). Also, from what I have seen in workshop manuals, most manufacturers just recommend a "drain and refill" procedure. 

The gasket that comes with the kit is the one for the transmission oil pan. In order to access the filter, the pan must be taken out, and the gasket should hence be replaced. Most mechs use gasket maker to seal it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...strange that Mitsubishi considers it an item that can be used for a lifetime...and assuming a 15-20 year life time would suggest a swap from anything from 150K-200K. Then the issue becomes....if the oil needs to be changed because it loses its potency with impurities...and the filter catches these impurities...wouldn't the filter need at least a cleaning ?

For the heck of it I went through an AE101 Toyota service manual in full...yes...it does have a ATF inspect and change if needed at 50K and 75K but at the 100K service interval it has a ATF filter inspect and change as needed. To me this makes no logical sense. If the ATF oil lets say needed changing at 75K and they just changed the oil and not the filter. So 25K kms later they want to replace the ATF filter and the oil AGAIN ?

I guess its one of those things where people chose to do it together out of logical necessity ather than a technical one. Kind of like in the olden days clutches and pressure plates....or timing belts and water pumps. Even if the second item in each pair is not worn out; they still do change it to save on labor and hassle because chances are it will reach its end of life before the new primary part reaches it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, iRage said:

Hmmm...strange that Mitsubishi considers it an item that can be used for a lifetime...and assuming a 15-20 year life time would suggest a swap from anything from 150K-200K. Then the issue becomes....if the oil needs to be changed because it loses its potency with impurities...and the filter catches these impurities...wouldn't the filter need at least a cleaning ?

For the heck of it I went through an AE101 Toyota service manual in full...yes...it does have a ATF inspect and change if needed at 50K and 75K but at the 100K service interval it has a ATF filter inspect and change as needed. To me this makes no logical sense. If the ATF oil lets say needed changing at 75K and they just changed the oil and not the filter. So 25K kms later they want to replace the ATF filter and the oil AGAIN ?

I guess its one of those things where people chose to do it together out of logical necessity ather than a technical one. Kind of like in the olden days clutches and pressure plates....or timing belts and water pumps. Even if the second item in each pair is not worn out; they still do change it to save on labor and hassle because chances are it will reach its end of life before the new primary part reaches it.  

 

Exactly. Manufacturers sometimes are known to severely under estimate certain service requirements. One thing I have first hand experience is the TC-SST transmission currently on my car. The service schedule says the first oil change needs to be done at 90,000 km! Experts all over the world strongly suggest changing oil and filter every 40,000 km (some even suggest shorter intervals like 20,000 km for track cars) due to the design of the unit. This is actually one of the reasons the earlier TC-SST units gave trouble. People ran with old oil close to 100,000 km, and naturally the transmissions failed. Not saying this will happen to every car, but this is one instance where "manufacturer specification" was just too infrequent. 

The thing with agents and dealers is that they do everything by the book. So they don't even open up the transmission and clean the pan (not their fault - its not in the service schedule). For a country like Sri Lanka where we constantly strain our gearboxes driving abruptly and crawling in traffic half the time, it doesn't take 15 years for these filters to get clogged. So taking the car to a separate garage every 40,000 km or so and doing an ATF change where the pan is removed, cleaned, filter is changed and gasket is replaced is actually a good idea IMO. The bottom line is that the agent follows a reactive approach whereas consumers prefer the option of carrying out preventive maintenance. 

On the topic of transmission maintenance, sealed transmissions are becoming more common now. What that is basically a car with a maintenance free transmission. I believe some manufacturers including Mitsubishi and Hyundai have already stepped into this scene. In fact the TC-SST transmission is supposed to be "sealed". You break it, you replace it! However, many workshops now carry out successful overhauling of these transmissions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×