• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride : Mistubishi Lancer CS1 GLX (A/T) YOM 2007

1 hour ago, Menakec said:

Shall I adjust idle rpm and see how things goes on

Never touch the idle adjustment screw. The screw is preset at the factory to work with the ECU.

If the IACV was cleaned by spraying throttle body cleaner directly onto it, that would have washed all the carbon into the motor chamber causing it to get stuck. There are two coils inside IACV housing, and they are easily damaged due to wrong cleaning methods. The proper way is to spray throttle body cleaner onto a clean rag and wipe the plunger of the IACV carefully, let it dry and install.

Give it a few more kilometres and observe the RPM. The ECU might still be learning. The fluctuation with AC and steering is not something you should worry about unless the RPM drops low enough to cause an engine stall. If the problem still exists after 20km or so, then take the car to the agent and ask them to have a look - they will carry out an inspection free of charge. 

I say again... do not touch the idle adjustment screw. You will be opening a whole new can of worms if you do.

Edited by Davy

• 1 month later...

Maintenance Update Replaced Fuel Filter and Engine Tune Up Done

Date: 30 July 2020 at agents

Mileage: 139,682km

Mitsubishi part number for fuel filter: MR55781

Fuel filter price: Rs.29,793/=

Even though Mitsubishi instructed to replace fuel filter in every 60,000km , nobody follows it here due to high cost. This time I replaced fuel filter at engine tune up. Original factory fitted fuel filter was a ‘Denso’. (However, Denso badge does not appear on replacement unit, but it is a genuine Mitsubishi part).

Fuel Pump is inserted in to fuel filter. Fuel Pump has a mesh unit to catch large particle sized debris and it is cleaned and reinstalled.

This is the first time I see the inside of the fuel tank.  But it was clean and not that bad I expected.

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Continued to next post...

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2

Continued from previous post..

11.thumb.jpg.583eeb43bfe392ab6dd717aac482df36.jpg12.jpg.8d0e64c3c6585487ef1f97f08c4de85e.jpg13.thumb.jpg.34ffa9acd496acb9a72ba31081de3442.jpg14.thumb.jpg.1411e8bb86bc5668b78bd6609d887a77.jpg

I really wanted to dismantle the old fuel filter and see the inside. It was made with a kind of tough plastic and was very difficult to break (or might be hardened due to fuel contact). After many times hammering on it, I could take out the filter membranes out.

15.thumb.jpg.4b2808f0423a63f6d8654ac06dcbe787.jpg16.jpg.ec0b5d8db689f2b0887f4d92ff5a3411.jpg17.thumb.jpg.81f92ab27602e805212057bfcb8719b0.jpg18.jpg.77959a39d583f6b8d285893289a8a626.jpg19.jpg.f42fb8a426376aa83ee10b3cf6b49c98.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the post @Sampath Gunasekera. I changed the fuel filter of my CS3 at 91000km while doing a tuneup at the Agent. (It was around 20700/= in 2016). Guess I wasn't curious enough at that time to dismantle the filter and look inside. 

BTW, why there are two tubes going out of the filter? Is one line for air? or a fuel return?

Edited by Elrond

6 minutes ago, iRage said:

I should have stated...atleast in some other Mitsubishis (Pajero, Pajero iO) they were fuel return hoses. So  hard to imagine this is not the same..considering it looks exactly the same :D

Then that should be it. ?

So it seems in some vehicles the fuel return doesn't go through the filter assembly, but rather directly connects to the tank? For example, the filter assembly in the following video has only one tube.

Edited by Elrond

46 minutes ago, Elrond said:

So it seems in some vehicles the fuel return doesn't go through the filter assembly, but rather directly connects to the tank?

Yes...because the assumption is that the fuel was filtered when it left the tank in the first place. Since it is a relatively closed circuit and the "unburnt"/excess fuel flow would not get adulterated with combustion residue and such...the fuel is just put back in to the tank.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes...because the assumption is that the fuel was filtered when it left the tank in the first place. Since it is a relatively closed circuit and the "unburnt"/excess fuel flow would not get adulterated with combustion residue and such...the fuel is just put back in to the tank.

Got it. Thanks for clarification, iRage!

13 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

@Sampath Gunasekera what does the Engine tune up consist of at the agent?

In my car, they scanned the system, replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the throttle body and injectors (in that process they replaced injector O Rings and insulators). 

Edited by Elrond

On 8/23/2020 at 9:29 AM, Elrond said:

Thanks for the post @Sampath Gunasekera. I changed the fuel filter of my CS3 at 91000km while doing a tuneup at the Agent. (It was around 20700/= in 2016). Guess I wasn't curious enough at that time to dismantle the filter and look inside. 

BTW, why there are two tubes going out of the filter? Is one line for air? or a fuel return?

Many thanks for the detail. When I check with agents in 2017 end, it was Rs.31,000/=

19 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

@Sampath Gunasekera what does the Engine tune up consist of at the agent?

Cleaning throttle body, pressuring injectors, replacing spark plugs with 'o' rings, if need replace air filter, emission test. I have updated my previous engine tune up with photos in this thread. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Request of information on service interval - Lancer CS 2

Currently I do car service within 5000 km using Mobil 15W 40 oil. Since I'm daily runner, 5000 km is usually completed by 1.5 months. Putting 10,000 on each 1.5 month seems hazzle for me now.
When I checked with service station they reccomond to do service by every 10,000 km using cas*tr magnetic synthetic oil 15W 40.
I need to know whether it's ok to do lube service on 10,000 km interval.
If so what type of oil should be used.
Till today, car engine is properly maintained and expect to keep same condition without any harm for engine.
Appreciate your responses.
Image of mentioned oil is attached.IMG_20201024_120020.jpeg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Deteriorated window beadings - Lancer CS

Origin window beadings of my car has been faded and deteriorated as shown in attached image.

Is there a way to restore those back to original condition?
If no method available, how much all 4 of those will cost and any place to get those.IMG_20201025_075117.jpegIMG_20201025_075045.jpeg

Request of information on service interval - Lancer CS 2

Currently I do car service within 5000 km using Mobil 15W 40 oil. Since I'm daily runner, 5000 km is usually completed by 1.5 months. Putting 10,000 on each 1.5 month seems hazzle for me now.
When I checked with service station they reccomond to do service by every 10,000 km using cas*tr magnetic synthetic oil 15W 40.
I need to know whether it's ok to do lube service on 10,000 km interval.
If so what type of oil should be used.
Till today, car engine is properly maintained and expect to keep same condition without any harm for engine.
Appreciate your responses.
Image of mentioned oil is attached.IMG_20201024_120020.thumb.jpeg.defe5a3ff2dbfc85f7aa4f24419aa715.jpeg

Any replies from the lancer owners in the forum

Deteriorated window beadings - Lancer CS

Origin window beadings of my car has been faded and deteriorated as shown in attached image.

Is there a way to restore those back to original condition?
If no method available, how much all 4 of those will cost and any place to get those.IMG_20201025_075117.jpeg.18dfc8eae7e1d89252f717a1e00f945b.jpegIMG_20201025_075045.jpeg.43f14f67fd9bb388549eeeabede10a77.jpeg

2 hours ago, Menakec said:

Not a Lancer owner but I use a Castrol Synthetic (or Mobil Synthetic -when I feel fancy) and have been doing 10,000km oil changes for years with zero issues (other than normal consumables like brakes & suspension components etc) everything has been smooth sailing for me. 

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

Cleaning started

20210211_092144.thumb.jpg.c687200622d198b60ab93b1da61fd6fc.jpg

This pictue justgave me a heart attack. What did they use ??? I have see many places use a standard sofa/carpet/clothes cleaners. THere is so much water on that too ! Please..please...for the love of the car do not do that....that is just going to lead up to the electronics getting messed up !

What should be used is a proper water free upholstery cleaner. It does not have any water residue to seep in to the circuitry.

Considering the amount of water that was used I hope you kept the car open in a sunny place for it to dry up. 

Now that the base is clean...may I suggest getting something like CHemical Guys Fabric protector and coating the fabric ? Depending on how much time you have on a 6 month or annual basis...you should consider investing in a steam cleaner and buying an interior shampoo and keeping the interior clean by yourself.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 6:47 AM, iRage said:

This pictue justgave me a heart attack. What did they use ??? I have see many places use a standard sofa/carpet/clothes cleaners. THere is so much water on that too ! Please..please...for the love of the car do not do that....that is just going to lead up to the electronics getting messed up !

What should be used is a proper water free upholstery cleaner. It does not have any water residue to seep in to the circuitry.

Considering the amount of water that was used I hope you kept the car open in a sunny place for it to dry up. 

Now that the base is clean...may I suggest getting something like CHemical Guys Fabric protector and coating the fabric ? Depending on how much time you have on a 6 month or annual basis...you should consider investing in a steam cleaner and buying an interior shampoo and keeping the interior clean by yourself.

Thanks iRage. I too shocked when I see it. They used some chemical liquid to clean. After cleaning they used pressurized air to dry it. Before I collect the car I checked all the parts were working or not. Anyway they too instructed me to keep the car under sunshine next day and I followed it. 

1 hour ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

Thanks iRage. I too shocked when I see it. They used some chemical liquid to clean. After cleaning they used pressurized air to dry it. Before I collect the car I checked all the parts were working or not. Anyway they too instructed me to keep the car under sunshine next day and I followed it. 

At least they blo died it...but that is way too much liquid...most decent cleaners do not need that much..just a spray and ubbed/agitated with a soft sponge. Now that you cleaned it..you should start you own cycle...then you do not need to take the car to anyone fo cleaning for long periods

• 8 months later...