• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Information Request : Defender110 (2008 / 2007) - Prado (2005) - Montero (2006/2007

NFC

Question

Hey guys..

Im planning on purchasing one of the following which i have identified that matches my budget of 8Mill - 9Mill.  :  Defender110 (2008 / 2007) - Prado (2005) -  Montero (2006/2007)

But this is the first time il be using any of this kind.. Can someone help me out to get a rough idea about what sort of maintenance or running cost i will have to expect if im to buy a Defender / Prado / Montero ?  ( Im more interested in knowing the defender info ) .  So i have broken down whats in my mind in to 3 questions.

1 - Anything you would like to highlight about the significant risks with regard to potential problems with mechanical parts / known issues & recurring repairs ?

2 - Average maintenance cost of using one of these vehicles  ( Which type is costly spare parts compared to each other )

3 - Do yourl have any better suggestion of vehicles which yourl think that i should pay attention to.

I searched alotof websites for these info , but only UK websites are available with regard to maintenance cost and such for defenders. Also i used the search function of this website to gather info as well , but didnt come across anything suits my need, hence im making this kind request through this post..

Thanks

Edited by NFC
Editing the Content of the question

5 answers to this question

We've been using Monteros for some time now and it seems that there's no major risks in using one

A2007 one means your going for a v76 with a 4m40 engine which is much more cheaper to maintain than the 4m41 that came in the v98 center sparewheel (except for a very few v96 that came with the 4m40)

As the engine is shared with some utility vehicles spares (sakura, js) can be found outside for cheaper than nissan march spares. But I use company spares.

Only issues is the engine noice is a little bit high. That's what you get for using a diesel 

Compared to the older prado I think it's a better choice. I personally don't like the defender.

Edited by Clark's son
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Clark's son said:

A2007 one means your going for a v76 with a 4m40 engine which is much more cheaper to maintain than the 4m41 that came in the v98 center sparewheel (except for a very few v96 that came with the 4m40)

I would think the 4m41 would be a better engine than the 4m40 considering it's newer and bigger. Am I wrong to assume this?

• Like 1

Hello NFC,

I have no experience with a defender (It's so expensive here), i had few PRADO's (LJ78, KZJ95,120 and KZJ150) and still using a 150 face lift as a daily drive. compared to the pajero vs prado it's way better build quality in prado.

4M40/41 sound bit of a canter lorry compared to 1KZ-TE or 1KD. 1 KZ you need to change the T belt every 150,000KM but 4M40/41 timming chain but still need replace every 250,000KM.

PRADO no known issues also had no issues with Pajero too.

Put a turbo timer so you can avoid a risk of blown turbo which is a big cost to replace.

Do the correct service with correct parts for 1KZ and you get a good life with it.

Prado would be the best out of all 3 but others may have different ideas.

regards

JC

• Like 1