• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swift 2004

sira

Dear Friends I brought 2004 Swift car last week and i really love this car. it got very good pulling power , I do not know this got CVT or Normal AT gear box . I can see a yellow circle on the dash board and one my tech said this has  CVT,

1. how do in know the exact model of gear box this has. if CVT then need more attention and how often should i change Oil ?

2. The previous owner has changed the EPS Rack . I have heard this model of Swift gives Rack issue. how to prevent this Rack failing in future?

3. Left lower arm bush has broken. is it freely are available ? where can i buy them ? or need to replace the whole arm ?

4. I can see security alarm sticker on the glass and it seems no alarm. only remote lock and unlock. no beacon too. 

5 Any other preventive maintenance required?

Let me have your valuable advice on this please

Thank you 

On 4/30/2017 at 9:49 PM, sira said:

Dear Friends I brought 2004 Swift car last week and i really love this car. it got very good pulling power , I do not know this got CVT or Normal AT gear box . I can see a yellow circle on the dash board and one my tech said this has  CVT,

1. how do in know the exact model of gear box this has. if CVT then need more attention and how often should i change Oil ?

2. The previous owner has changed the EPS Rack . I have heard this model of Swift gives Rack issue. how to prevent this Rack failing in future?

3. Left lower arm bush has broken. is it freely are available ? where can i buy them ? or need to replace the whole arm ?

4. I can see security alarm sticker on the glass and it seems no alarm. only remote lock and unlock. no beacon too. 

5 Any other preventive maintenance required?

Let me have your valuable advice on this please

Thank you 

Dear Friends

Y'day i managed to do a tuneup this car by my self got a help form friend. I removed and cleaned all injectors. but i  was not be able to remove the throttle body , all 4 screws were very very tight . only  managed to unscrew one , And second screw gone wrong and i think it got damaged. it was not about to unscrew. only turning and now not able to  tight too. so i thought it will gonna be a mess if i try to remove other 2 screws.  just park that task and just apply form injector cleaning on throttle body. 

my question is why this throttle body screws are that much of tight and how remove this in future

Sira

31 minutes ago, sira said:

Dear Friends

Y'day i managed to do a tuneup this car by my self got a help form friend. I removed and cleaned all injectors. but i  was not be able to remove the throttle body , all 4 screws were very very tight . only  managed to unscrew one , And second screw gone wrong and i think it got damaged. it was not about to unscrew. only turning and now not able to  tight too. so i thought it will gonna be a mess if i try to remove other 2 screws.  just park that task and just apply form injector cleaning on throttle body. 

my question is why this throttle body screws are that much of tight and how remove this in future

Sira

Spray WD-40 to screw before you try to uncrew

2 hours ago, sira said:

Tried, that . no luck

Try to spray from the bottom (where end of the bolt is exposed), leave it for couple days and repeat the process a few times. Did you notice any rust or thread seal on the bolt that you were able to remove? However, if all fails and the threads give in, you will still have  the option to replace bolts with studs. Then it would be much easier to remove.

• Like 1

While it's true these bolts can get tight over time (mainly due to the aluminium construction of the throttle body), using the correct tools should help you remove them with minimal effort. What kind of tool were you using to remove it - a regular open end wrench or a socket wrench?

Agree with Rumesh88 on using a lubricant on the reverse side of the bolt because that's where the thread is.

13 hours ago, sira said:

Hi Rumesh

Not really, couldn't see any issue. how easy to change them with studs? originally it comes with bolts. see the attachment

Someone must have over-tightened the bolts. Otherwise it is somewhat unlikely that these bolts become so tightened because you do not need much clamping force to hold the throttle body. However, for the stud option first check on the bottom side of the intake side flange if the area around the threaded hole is flat enough to fully seat a 12mm bolt head. If so you can insert a 12mm bolt of a length just sufficient to fully thread in a 12mm nut from the other side along with an internal tooth lock washer on the bolt side and a lock washer on the throttle body side. Make sure all the bolts can be tightened all the way because access to the bolt head could be an issue here. If all is well (ie stud alignment and their height mainly) you can install the bolts with thread seal or an epoxy glue to lock them permanently. However this is the easiest approach but it assumes that the threaded holes are reasonably intact and bolts can be inserted from the bottom. Otherwise, you will need the help of a machine shop but the exact approach depends on the condition of the threads, flange thickness etc.  If it is just one hole having the issue you can try using a slightly longer bolt and locking it with a nut from the bottom.