• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

Looks like Automakers are trying to use Gorolla Glass for windshield. In my opinion this is a great trend as for safety.

Personally I have faced an incident where a rock shattered my windshield and I think the 3M tint on my windshield protect from a mess having glass pieces all over as both sides of the windshield shattered. So no additional cleaning was needed.

Link - https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/parts/gorilla-glass.html

6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Looks like Automakers are trying to use Gorolla Glass for windshield. In my opinion this is a great trend as for safety.

Personally I have faced an incident where a rock shattered my windshield and I think the 3M tint on my windshield protect from a mess having glass pieces all over as both sides of the windshield shattered. So no additional cleaning was needed.

Link - https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/parts/gorilla-glass.html

In some duty stations we have been assigned to it was mandatory (whilst in some locations it was an advisory) for our cars to have protective films for safety reasons. So yeah...the film does help to a certain extent....

In the past the issue with Corning glass (as opposed to corning ceramics, etc..) was the weight. I suppose their tech has come along way

Edited by iRage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Magnum said:

Image may contain: people sitting

Personal Preference - I hate these lace-like additional covers on the seats. Thankfullly they're not that popular nowadays -in the early 90' i remember many cars also had this - specially the lancer boxes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matroska said:

Personal Preference - I hate these lace-like additional covers on the seats. Thankfullly they're not that popular nowadays -in the early 90' i remember many cars also had this - specially the lancer boxes. 

It was a 90s thing, I remember Shiffer had it in his Corona, it looked alright.

They dont suit modern vehicles anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...