• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

6 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

A very good customer of mine said (has a nice collection of vehicles, very underrated guy), he doesnt want to wait till he retire and make his money to enjoy the joys of driving, he wants to enjoy his driving so he has fueled his passion by obtaining some of the best driving vehicles all the while he has expanded his business. He says that he will stop enjoying driving by the time he is about 60, as he feels he wont have the same reflexes. he says that by that time he will enjoy the finer bits of motoring so he would probably go for a self driving car or a Maybach or something.

and if you look at how manufacturers have built up their product portfolios...it reflects exactly that (at least it did in the past). Remember the fathers' day advert Toyota did ?

Its quite visible in the old line up of sedans/hatches/coupes in the past. As a swingin single you start off with the Starlet..then with a little bit more responsibility and small family (perhaps)..you go fora Corolla...you reach a certain level of maturity in personality you go for the more refined options like the Corona/Carina and then the Mark II/Cresta/Chaser...and once you have reached the twilight years and reached the pinnacle of success...you go for the Crown, Century, etc...thus each of these models had the base versions for the conservative and sportier variants for the more spirited.

The issue is that does not work anymore...younger people are not in to cars...the status of the world is asking for more public transportation methods,etc..s marketability of cars in general is a tough ask...so without money....the manufacturers simply cannot make the cars they used to make

Edited by iRage

43 minutes ago, iRage said:

and if you look at how manufacturers have built up their product portfolios...it reflects exactly that (at least it did in the past). Remember the fathers' day advert Toyota did ?

Its quite visible in the old line up of sedans/hatches/coupes in the past. As a swingin single you start off with the Starlet..then with a little bit more responsibility and small family (perhaps)..you go fora Corolla...you reach a certain level of maturity in personality you go for the more refined options like the Corona/Carina and then the Mark II/Cresta/Chaser...and once you have reached the twilight years and reached the pinnacle of success...you go for the Crown, Century, etc...thus each of these models had the base versions for the conservative and sportier variants for the more spirited.

The issue is that does not work anymore...younger people are not in to cars...the status of the world is asking for more public transportation methods,etc..s marketability of cars in general is a tough ask...so without money....the manufacturers simply cannot make the cars they used to make

It's sad to see the younger generation in groups like allion /premio owners club on fb boasts about how fuel economical and how sporty their cars are. I mean when they are gonna experience some real good sporty driving in their life. Just because you post EAT, SLEEP,RACE sticker on your premio's bumper doesn't make it any sportier. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

It's sad to see the younger generation in groups like allion /premio owners club on fb boasts about how fuel economical and how sporty their cars are. I mean when they are gonna experience some real good sporty driving in their life. Just because you post EAT, SLEEP,RACE sticker on your premio's bumper doesn't make it any sportier. 

Well...that is mainly because of what our country has become. Taxes are ridiculously high that you don't see that many sporty variants of even the basic cars yet alone sporty cars themselves. Then, we spend pretty much everything we have on having to purchase a car out of necessity that after paying the monthly payment and living expenses; there is not enough funds that every single cent that is saved on fuel matters...every single km that you can get without a service matters....so...yeah...the younger generations in SL are growing up with a very narrow outlook on and exposure to motoring.

We tell people why bother buying a boring car like Allion/Premio when there are more engaging options around. But is there ? For the same price as a 2009 Premio you can buy a 2009 Mark X...forgetting about fuel efficiency....there are only so many Mark Xs in the country. Same with Lancer EXs, same with Imprezas and Civics...so...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Sometime GPS is a b*tch..

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor and nature, text that says 'Brooks Garner, TV Meteorologist 20h reminder not trust the Rockies. closed stretch and people being routed down 4X4 orest roads. These Jeep trails like this miles with help once you're far enough From KDVR/KWGN Vicente Arenas: "ALERT: away from malldirt Roads iftaking Detour around #GrizzlyCreekFire. #googlemaps Direc u onto this road south #eagle Weed this get out the ditch.'

Something similar happened to me in SL. Google Maps took me on a gravel roads with massive water filled potholes when there was a tarmac road not far away and going to the same place.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

Something similar happened to me in SL. Google Maps took me on a gravel roads with massive water filled potholes when there was a tarmac road not far away and going to the same place.

It did to me in Haputhale....ended up on a road that was exactly the width of a RAV4.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Sometime GPS is a b*tch..

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor and nature, text that says 'Brooks Garner, TV Meteorologist 20h reminder not trust the Rockies. closed stretch and people being routed down 4X4 orest roads. These Jeep trails like this miles with help once you're far enough From KDVR/KWGN Vicente Arenas: "ALERT: away from malldirt Roads iftaking Detour around #GrizzlyCreekFire. #googlemaps Direc u onto this road south #eagle Weed this get out the ditch.'

1 hour ago, iRage said:

It did to me in Haputhale....ended up on a road that was exactly the width of a RAV4.

Happened to me in Kurunegala. I ended up on a road which ran through a coconut cultivation at about 1am in the night. Not sure if it was a private road though. Had to chase away cows left to graze in the middle of the road because I had come too far  to reverse (the road was badly pot-holed too) and there was no room to turn the car around. Imagine a guy yelling "hui, hui!" in the middle of the night waving a tree branch around because the cows were too stubborn (or too sleepy, idk) to be cowed by me honking and revving the engine ?

tl;dr : eff GPS

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, iRage said:

This was the aftermath of it :D

IMG-20160925-WA0077

Google Maps normally picks the commonly used route or the shortest route. As Google Maps isnt commonly used in SL it doesnt have any user data I guess so picks the shortest the route to your destination. 

Best thing to do is to look at the overview of your route and check if it's taking main roads or smaller roads

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Best thing to do is to look at the overview of your route and check if it's taking main roads or smaller roads

Exactly.

Never mind unknown land. Same thing happens even in mid Colombo. But instead of potholes or cows, I had to go few times in very narrow roads which led right in the middle of gangster like area where scary blokes were staring. And their 'wheels' blocking half the road. ?One time at Pamankada, and one time at Maradana. Phew, barely escaped. 

Imagine explaining Google maps to an angry mob ! ?

Edited by GK_007

On 8/27/2020 at 5:49 AM, Devinda_Z said:

Shame @fiat fan

Sure it's an Emperor car but still it was originally Silver

High spec back when it used to come to A*W - automatic twin turbo with the HID's & a LSD

Oh & Super HICAS!!

Thats sad. Wish I could buy it. But way over my budget.

Saw a silver in Texas recently. Such a looker. Owner spent a pretty penny too.