• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

1 minute ago, MaleCortana said:

Hellcat is actually not over 100k and is similarly priced (still doesn't go offroad though ?).

I love how these guys just put the Hellcat Motor in almost everything! Jeep Cherokee? Yes. Durango? Yes. Chargers/Challengers? Yes. Rams? Yes.

While this may be the miles ahead of the Raptor in many departments the Americans have massive brand loyalty when it comes to pickups and the Raptor might've had a dose of that since it is after all a souped up F150

Capture.PNG

Ah wow! What amazing times we live in when one can just walk into a show room and spec a 700hp pickup right off the show room floor, and have it delivered straight from the manufacturer with a warranty!

58 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

I guess you were thinking about the Demon. The 840HP one that only offered couple of years. The dealership near my work place had a mark-up price over MSRP and I remember it was just over 100K.

Dodge-Demon-Feature-750x375.jpg

54 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Looks like since the production has stopped for Demon, people ask over $100K for used..?

image.png.e6141e460fcd9abbdcd90f03d92f4a52.png

Ah! The Demon!! It must be that I remember then...I seem to recall that as part of the purchase they gave you a crate with not-legal-to-sell-with-these-installed go faster bits for the owner to install after legally purchasing  the car for an extra $1?! ? Nice touch of marketing magic there by Chrysler. You gotta love it! 

Not a fan of American cars, but these cars like the Viper of times gone, are pretty unique aren't they? Plus depreciation wise- Not a bad deal buying one of these back in the day then huh? Buy it, use it gently and sell it 2 yrs later and its hardly dropped in value? 

(Also I thought a new variant called the 'ghoul' is coming out? Could be a rumor then, if it is out of production and the second hand values are that high;  because if that was the case the second hand value for the Demon would drop wouldn't it ?)

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Is that an old school reverse camera?

Image may contain: outdoor

There is also a screen on the dash

No photo description available.

Yes...It is quite common in buses and trucks over here. I believe it was in the 90s that it was made mandatory for large vehicles in Japan. Even the newer buses have a similar camera in the back...the housing is a little bit more modern though. It is not just a reverse camera....you can use it a rear view camera 

Was watching Nissan GTR videos to try and convince myself the GTR is still relevant after that post above and came across this, so I thought I would share.... *Also am not condoning this type of driving. Quite reckless, really, was half wondering whether some dude in khakis should be stepping into the road and waving him over with a whistle ?( I guess he pre-drove the route to make sure it was all clear ahead of time...)

Edited by Kavvz

15 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Ah! The Demon!! It must be that I remember then...I seem to recall that as part of the purchase they gave you a crate with not-legal-to-sell-with-these-installed go faster bits for the owner to install after legally purchasing  the car for an extra $1?! ? Nice touch of marketing magic there by Chrysler. You gotta love it! 

Not a fan of American cars, but these cars like the Viper of times gone, are pretty unique aren't they? Plus depreciation wise- Not a bad deal buying one of these back in the day then huh? Buy it, use it gently and sell it 2 yrs later and its hardly dropped in value? 

(Also I thought a new variant called the 'ghoul' is coming out? Could be a rumor then, if it is out of production and the second hand values are that high;  because if that was the case the second hand value for the Demon would drop wouldn't it ?)

Yep! 1$ Extra and you get a crate with a crapton of goodies including a better ECU, those tiny drag race wheels and more!

They're rumored to be making a 1000hp+ crate motor called the Hellephant as well (they already unveiled it once at SEMA I think)

Everyone making electrics or crossover SUVs and these fellows just upping the antic!

On 8/19/2020 at 9:21 PM, Kavvz said:

Was watching Nissan GTR videos to try and convince myself the GTR is still relevant after that post above and came across this, so I thought I would share.... *Also am not condoning this type of driving. Quite reckless, really, was half wondering whether some dude in khakis should be stepping into the road and waving him over with a whistle ?( I guess he pre-drove the route to make sure it was all clear ahead of time...)

What a moron!  absolutely no chance avoiding if someone/thing cut in front! the way he is holding the steering wheel, will probably break either thumb if he curbed it at speed..!  i`m sure one could find nice deserted winding roads in the hill country. People should do POV driving videos there!  

Edited by MrCat

On 8/19/2020 at 9:57 PM, iRage said:

Yes...It is quite common in buses and trucks over here. I believe it was in the 90s that it was made mandatory for large vehicles in Japan. Even the newer buses have a similar camera in the back...the housing is a little bit more modern though. It is not just a reverse camera....you can use it a rear view camera 

Interesting....I thought reverse/rear view camera was a late 90s or post 2000 technology. This is a 1980 Isuzu Journey ?

On 8/19/2020 at 11:07 PM, Kavvz said:

HEY! There's a new Z coming ALRIGHT!

I kid...I kid its all good. Its all good, just jokes...all good, shape-shape and all...

( *but secretly memorizes @Magnum's license plates)

On 8/20/2020 at 2:04 AM, MaleCortana said:

FRET NOT!

The 400Z is coming!

If I'm not wrong they showcased a new a GTR Concept as well, but sadly the issue is that I don't think Nissan has enough funds to take the risk of investing in these cars sports cars. Nissan won't be the same as they did in the 80s and 90s.
Maybe things would have been different if they had merged with a Chinese company rather than with Renault

38 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Interesting....I thought reverse/rear view camera was a late 90s or post 2000 technology. This is a 1980 Isuzu Journey ?

The bus might be 80s..but if it was functional in the 90s it would have had to comply for licensing regulations, etc...

33 minutes ago, Magnum said:

If I'm not wrong they showcased a new a GTR Concept as well, but sadly the issue is that I don't think Nissan has enough funds to take the risk of investing in these cars sports cars. Nissan won't be the same as they did in the 80s and 90s.
Maybe things would have been different if they had merged with a Chinese company rather than with Renault

If you are talking about the one below..then no it is not necessarily the next gen/new Skyline. Its the model's 50th anniversary special edition they did with ItalDesign. Nissan claimed to make just 50 of them. On the other hand there were some journalists who talked about how this could be the basis for the next gen GTR because Nissan had been confirming that the next gen GTR ill not be a new car but basically the same car with updates.

2021-Nissan-GT-R50-by-Italdesign-coupe-teal-1001x565-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

Watch this video if you want to know why Nissan is as is in status quo.

10 hours ago, MrCat said:

What a moron!  absolutely no chance avoiding if someone/thing cut in front! the way he is holding the steering wheel, will probably break either thumb if he curbed it at speed..!  i`m sure one could find nice deserted winding roads in the hill country. People should do POV driving videos there!  

Agreed.

As for broken thumbs? I would say fitting punishment...But at those kind of speeds I would worry more that he's gonna kill someone, especially going down narrow side streets at break-neck speeds like that. Awesome acceleration yes,  but wrong place for it: He needs to take it to a track...

Edited by Kavvz

In regards to Nissan...they had their dealer and management conference for Japan around Wednesday..Nissan's deficit for the last FY year seems to be around 670 billion yen (close to 2 trillion yen when you put in Renault and Mitsubishi in there). So apparently the conference was a grim meeting. However, they do seem to have been focusing on the positives of the new tech they have been putting out....in all honesty you also do have to give some credit for their on board tech...there way forward seems to be to highlight their tech success: half a million electric cars with no cars catching fire due to manufacturing faults...the most publicly viable and accessible autonomous driving systems out there with zero accidents caused by it. They also seem to have highlighted that mot of the last few year's losses have been because of the dev of tech.

They also released the first of their latest commercial campaign for Japan. It seems to try to appeal to Japanese people to recognize the heritage Nissan is coming from...its actually pretty saddening for car enthusiasts to watch....

29 minutes ago, iRage said:

In regards to Nissan...they had their dealer and management conference for Japan around Wednesday..Nissan's deficit for the last FY year seems to be around 670 billion yen (close to 2 trillion yen when you put in Renault and Mitsubishi in there). So apparently the conference was a grim meeting. However, they do seem to have been focusing on the positives of the new tech they have been putting out....in all honesty you also do have to give some credit for their on board tech...there way forward seems to be to highlight their tech success: half a million electric cars with no cars catching fire due to manufacturing faults...the most publicly viable and accessible autonomous driving systems out there with zero accidents caused by it. They also seem to have highlighted that mot of the last few year's losses have been because of the dev of tech.

They also released the first of their latest commercial campaign for Japan. It seems to try to appeal to Japanese people to recognize the heritage Nissan is coming from...its actually pretty saddening for car enthusiasts to watch....

Looks like the story of a persons life, you go with adventure, outdoor, sporting personal and once he grows old he enjoys the finer things in life. 

A very good customer of mine said (has a nice collection of vehicles, very underrated guy), he doesnt want to wait till he retire and make his money to enjoy the joys of driving, he wants to enjoy his driving so he has fueled his passion by obtaining some of the best driving vehicles all the while he has expanded his business. He says that he will stop enjoying driving by the time he is about 60, as he feels he wont have the same reflexes. he says that by that time he will enjoy the finer bits of motoring so he would probably go for a self driving car or a Maybach or something.