• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

5 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

VelociRaptor 

Power: 623 hp

Torque: 627 lb-ft

Source

Silverado

Power: 397 hp

Torque: 765 lb-ft

Source

Oh so the Silverado was diesel? Not a completely outlandish match then, especially when off-roading...

edit: Just looked at the stats- The Silverado has a 6.6-liter Duramax turbodiesel V8 engine...holy crap! 

Edited by Kavvz

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Also is the other pick-up just a standard GM Silverado? It certainly looks stock... While I couldn't careless about the GM truck, it does seem a bit unsporting to pit an off-road focused vehicle (done up by Henessey no less!) against a standard American shitbox  GM Pickup...

You know...Americans build a lot of POS cars....but for some ironic reason one thing they have gotten and done right for along time are pickup trucks. They are massive, obnoxious, menacing and  brutish...and they seem to last more than just a few years...

43 minutes ago, iRage said:

You know...Americans build a lot of POS cars....but for some ironic reason one thing they have gotten and done right for along time are pickup trucks. They are massive, obnoxious, menacing and  brutish...and they seem to last more than just a few years...

Hmm...I guess, I do remember a TopGear episode mentioning that the Ford F150 is the best selling vehicle over there, but apparently the the Japs are making inroads into that segment too. I think the Honda pickup they have there, the Ridgeline, along with the Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, are buliding up a pretty good reputation in their respective markets. 

As for me: Gimme an old Hilux, and all will be right in my corner of the world :D 

Edited by Kavvz

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Hmm...I guess, I do remember a TopGear episode mentioning that the Ford F150 is the best selling vehicle over there, but apparently the the Japs are making inroads into that segment too. I think the Honda pickup they have there, the Ridgeline, along with the Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, are buliding up a pretty good reputation in their respective markets. 

As for me: Gimme an old Hilux, and all will be right in my corner of the world :D 

Yes...but the Tacoma, Tundra, Ridgeline are all designed by the American branches of these companies. My college room mate had a Tacoma (which he bought after trading in his Toyota Pickup truck....an old Hilux)...and that thing was like the Hilux made a bit larger and more stronger. So they are pretty awesome

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iRage said:

My college room mate had a Tacoma (which he bought after trading in his Toyota Pickup truck....an old Hilux)...and that thing was like the Hilux made a bit larger and more stronger. So they are pretty awesome

You think Tacoma is stronger than Hilux? I don't know I was never a fan of American made vehicles and love the Hilux more..:)

Me personally love the Tundra over Tacoma as I've seen few million miles Tundra on the internet. I do have few complains on its driving characteristics but overall nice truck. But as for heavy duty work I doubt it can beat Ford / Chevy/ Ram in the same class.

As for the Honda Ridgeline, One of our family friend bought and told me "American wahana gannawata wada hondai Japan wahanayak ganna eka neda". I smiled and said nothing. Didn't want to destroy their happiness telling them that Ridgeline is the second most American vehicle. Even the Corvette seem to have less components from US than the Ridgeline.

image.thumb.png.34675e51dd85b2423f1f74109a037e62.png

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

As for the Honda Ridgeline, One of our family friend bought and told me "American wahana gannawata wada hondai Japan wahanayak ganna eka neda". I smiled and said nothing. Didn't want to destroy their happiness telling them that Ridgeline is the second most American vehicle. Even the Corvette seem to have less components from US than the Ridgeline.

Nicely played kmeeg! lol ! The reliability stats are pretty good for the Ridgelinge though right? 

4 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Nicely played kmeeg! lol ! The reliability stats are pretty good for the Ridgelinge though right? 

I haven't search much on reliability machan but believe it would have good reliability. However I've seen 2 videos where Ridgeline overheated while off-roading.

I bet Ridgeline  would have much better ride than others due to its construction. I don't think people will use Ridgeline as hard as other trucks. I could be wrong but I prefer to have a truck frame and solid axle for hard use vs the car base chassis and independent suspension Ridgeline  has.

56 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

I haven't search much on reliability machan but believe it would have good reliability. However I've seen 2 videos where Ridgeline overheated while off-roading.

I bet Ridgeline  would have much better ride than others due to its construction. I don't think people will use Ridgeline as hard as other trucks. I could be wrong but I prefer to have a truck frame and solid axle for hard use vs the car base chassis and independent suspension Ridgeline  has.

I agree: I think the target market for the Ridgeline is more towards the domestic / household consumer who would normally buy a CUV but will consider having something with a truck-bed to haul stuff around once in a while. I feel its more of a station wagon / car with a truck bed, a bit like those Australian Holden utes rather than being a proper pick-up etc. like the Hilux, Tacoma or Tundra...

What's your take on the Jeep Gladiator @kmeeg? Did you consider taking one out for a test drive? It would be interesting to see if the increased length improves its on-road / highway handling. And it would be extremely amusing if its just as wonky as the Wrangler on the highway / on-road and worse than the Wrangler 4 door off-road due to its length / overhang... :D 

Edited by Kavvz

12 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

What's your take on the Jeep Gladiator? Is that just all show? Would you every get that over a Jeep Wrangler 4 door? Probably drives just as wonky as the Wrangler as well? I mean under the skin its the same set up isn't it? 

Not much a fan of Jeep Gladiator machan. I don't see much practicality on that. I prefer Jeep Wrangler over Gladiator. But if I need a truck that is good offroad I like take the Ram Powerwagon over Gladiator . :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Not much a fan of Jeep Gladiator machan. I don't see much practicality on that. I prefer Jeep Wrangler over Gladiator. But if I need a truck that is good offroad I like take the Ram Powerwagon over Gladiator . :)

I understand Dodge has a TRX / T-Rex coming out that is supposed to be even bigger and even more agressively styled to target the Ford F150 Raptor. The tagline on their advertising was: " Why have a Raptor when you can have a T-Rex" or something like that :D  Will be interesting to see how it the US market reacts to an even bigger Pick-up !! 

Edited by Kavvz

7 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

I understand Dodge has a TRX / T-Rex coming out that is supposed to be even bigger and even more agressively styled to target the Ford F150 Raptor. The tagline on their advertising was: " Why have a Raptor when you can have a T-Rex" or something like that :D  Will be interesting to see how it the US market reacts to an even bigger Pick-up !! 

TRX vs Raptor battle is quite different from Powerwagon right?

Powerwagon would be for slow rock crawling type of offroad with solid axles and locking diffs vs TRX and Raptor for fast driving offroad with IFS for better handling. It would be a very competitive battle as Dodge has more engine power vs raptor has crazy suspension tech. I don't know of Dodge having high speed suspension tech as raptor has.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kmeeg said:

You think Tacoma is stronger than Hilux? I don't know I was never a fan of American made vehicles and love the Hilux more..:)

Me personally love the Tundra over Tacoma as I've seen few million miles Tundra on the internet. I do have few complains on its driving characteristics but overall nice truck. But as for heavy duty work I doubt it can beat Ford / Chevy/ Ram in the same class.

Well..yeah...sort of a bit more capable than the Hilux...and it does get a lot more off-roading packages for it considering the market. It is just that (at least the old ones)...did everything the Hilux but a little bit more. I never liked the Tundra as I found it too big :) I used to be a Net Admin for the University...so I had access to the Uni fleet of pickup trucks...mainly used a F150 and F250 single cab. Had a very...Take me where ever the hell you want...feel to it all. Boss had a F150 Lariat...which was nice and plush inside :)

The irony of it that most Japanese cars are more American made than the American cars and are actually quite reliable. I believe this was also the reason why the Japanese were able to manage the wraith of Trump during his American made rampage.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Bloody hell! What engine must be on it? 

Looks like some older type engine. Saw a guy asking for this possibility in a FB group months ago. Never though someone would actually do it.

23 minutes ago, hrm said:

Looks like some older type engine. Saw a guy asking for this possibility in a FB group months ago. Never though someone would actually do it.

Very smart of that dude to make it all work: I'd love to look it over!

( But I wonder how he ended up getting it registered?  :D )

Edited by Kavvz

2 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Very smart of that dude to make it all work: I'd love to look it over!

( But I wonder how he ended up getting it registered?  :D )

I'm curious too. Quite a feat actually.