• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Yes. The app gave out nothing useful.

@AVANTE bro, mind going detective mode?

I think I know what it is. 

Its a spoke weel model. 

In seriousness though, I see parts from a W123 inside. Owing to the 6 sri number, this could have been a W115 at one point of its life before that fateful night it was Travelling through the woods of the outstation and a group of bandits decide to hijack it and kill the owner and do the needful on the poor Benz. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Haha 1

Members,

I do not know what I post on this thread is correct, but my memories go back to when I saw the 1 Sri 1 which was owned by our late prime minister one of the greatest brave Politicians we had. I have not heard those days that he was crazy for motor vehicles. Still when Sri was first used to automobiles in Ceylon by late Prime minister who opened the eyes of under privileged society in Ceylon. He had insisted then authorities to reserve the first number to him.

Almost all people who are living in Sri Lanka today had free education, thanks to our great politicians in the past. During my young days Civil servants were the top government respected officers. Today that respect is not there for the officers who are called today as Lankan administration service. Inside the office when they do their duty, will be respected by their subordinates, as well as who come to get their requirements. Moment they are out of their office they are like normal citizens. I remember very well one politician mentioned referring to another politician that he let loose ( I do not want to write that word hear) respect what public service officers were enjoying.

Coming to jeeps in 1945 post war models were very popular among the poachers, hunting in our jungles were made illegal, there was few affluent  class of people who was engaged in hunting our wild animals. That was mainly in Anuradapura, Polonnaruva. Udawalave, Hambanthota, Panama. Where ever Railway lines were their the hunters used to get down large wooden cool boxes stuffed with Ice to one of their closest hunting site Railway stations to transport the killed animals body parts. Next day they they will be at Colombo 02 famous food stuff organization to store in their cool rooms. Today that site is a building development site.

During 1940s to 1970s it was a pride for hunters to have a stuffed carcasses of killed animals by them, on their bungalow large halls. I used to go for earth moving heavy machinery electrical repairs with my late father and after his demise my self with my assistance. I have visited to almost all Irrigation development sites in the entire Island. Most earth moving machinery owners had few licensed shot guns, Early mornings their hobby was to shoot a animal or a bird for the lunch table.

Above is little what I remember of those 4 wheel drive small left hand drive jeeps, Some had Trailers attached to them. Did a valuable service to our motorists in good old days. Also have to mention that all rest houses around the Island those days catered the hunters as well as travelers

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Sylvi said:

Members,

I do not know what I post on this thread is correct, but my memories go back to when I saw the 1 Sri 1 which was owned by our late prime minister one of the greatest brave Politicians we had. I have not heard those days that he was crazy for motor vehicles. Still when Sri was first used to automobiles in Ceylon by late Prime minister who opened the eyes of under privileged society in Ceylon. He had insisted then authorities to reserve the first number to him.

Almost all people who are living in Sri Lanka today had free education, thanks to our great politicians in the past. During my young days Civil servants were the top government respected officers. Today that respect is not there for the officers who are called today as Lankan administration service. Inside the office when they do their duty, will be respected by their subordinates, as well as who come to get their requirements. Moment they are out of their office they are like normal citizens. I remember very well one politician mentioned referring to another politician that he let loose ( I do not want to write that word hear) respect what public service officers were enjoying.

Coming to jeeps in 1945 post war models were very popular among the poachers, hunting in our jungles were made illegal, there was few affluent  class of people who was engaged in hunting our wild animals. That was mainly in Anuradapura, Polonnaruva. Udawalave, Hambanthota, Panama. Where ever Railway lines were their the hunters used to get down large wooden cool boxes stuffed with Ice to one of their closest hunting site Railway stations to transport the killed animals body parts. Next day they they will be at Colombo 02 famous food stuff organization to store in their cool rooms. Today that site is a building development site.

During 1940s to 1970s it was a pride for hunters to have a stuffed carcasses of killed animals by them, on their bungalow large halls. I used to go for earth moving heavy machinery electrical repairs with my late father and after his demise my self with my assistance. I have visited to almost all Irrigation development sites in the entire Island. Most earth moving machinery owners had few licensed shot guns, Early mornings their hobby was to shoot a animal or a bird for the lunch table.

Above is little what I remember of those 4 wheel drive small left hand drive jeeps, Some had Trailers attached to them. Did a valuable service to our motorists in good old days. Also have to mention that all rest houses around the Island those days catered the hunters as well as travelers

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

CCS? ??

Edited by Devinda_Z

5 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

CCS? ??

Devinda_Z,

CCS?

Yes Ceylon Civil Service. Today Sri Lanka Administration service.

You are a descendant one of them. Please pardon me for the Question.

What I mentioned on that post is true. You will see on your own eyes today's similar service equal to CCS officers, how they are respected by others.

I do not want to insult the present officers of state who are doing a yeoman service, to our people.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

6 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

CCS? ??

@Devinda_Z Little did we know that  the 'elephant' in the elephant logo literally represented the elephants they had sitting in their freezers ! 

Facinating little tid-bit of Colombo history Mr @Sylvi! Thanks for sharing! 

( Also for the record: On the "Post-Whoring" thread (this one) you and the rest of us can post whatever we want. Its pretty much an open thread to discuss anything...) 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Haha 1

sathyajithj99,

Your post is correct, even those days we had motorists who never did any service till the engine oil become like Tar. Today I have come across motorists who do a service once a year, never to recommended time. I have very close associate who is doing that way only when he gets his annual leave, he attends to his new vehicle first owner Agents delivered to him new.  0 mileage. At present vehicle SEW in very good condition done over 85000 Kilometers.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

Members,

I posted about Acetone some time back cannot remember the exact date. One member replied for same, to inform petrol is a good cleaner. He is correct. His question is reason to use Acetone will that do any thing more than petrol.

I am doing a test for last few days to inform members my self without acetone the performance and with Acetone. Because I do about 100 kilometers daily these days for my personal development project out of Colombo. I do to Ja ela on highway up and down.  That alone is about 30 km. next 70 KM is for Victoria bridge to Kollupitiya up and down.

Will inform correct figures later another day. Mine is a Suzuki Avery done 14000+ Kilometers.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

**moved***

Thanks for this. I dunno where this was originally, but going from that oddball "1972 Merc" to 1 sri 1 to taxidermy had my head spinning and had to remind myself this was postwhoring.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Seriously? ?

FB_IMG_1596016460595.jpg

wow! just wow! 6 Million for this? I mean what kind of retard would spend 6 Mill on a tiny USED  hatch - for this he could buy a Brand new Ford Eco sport with 5 years warranty. This has got to be a historical low in Sri Lankan car buying. 

Edited by matroska
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, matroska said:

wow! just wow! 6 Million for this? I mean what kind of retard would spend 6 Mill on a tiny USED  hatch - for this he could buy a Brand new Ford Eco sport with 5 years warranty. This has got to be a historical low in Sri Lankan car buying. 

The same kind of mentally challenged people who would buy a 2019 Premio for 9-10mil but cannot afford to and now has to decide between a 2013/2014 Premio or a 2020 Vitz for 6mil (weren't 2013/2014 Premios gong for like 4.5 to 5 mil ?).

On 7/29/2020 at 12:23 AM, Sylvi said:

Devinda_Z,

CCS?

Yes Ceylon Civil Service. Today Sri Lanka Administration service.

You are a descendant one of them. Please pardon me for the Question.

What I mentioned on that post is true. You will see on your own eyes today's similar service equal to CCS officers, how they are respected by others.

I do not want to insult the present officers of state who are doing a yeoman service, to our people.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

Mr @Sylvi Wijesinghe, I was actually referring to the possibility of it being Elephant House / Ceylon Cold Stores as @Kavvz also remarked

No no, that's quite alright - no relatives of mine either way as far as i'm aware ?

Found this Austin FX4/Fairway (London cab) near my area. How did a London cab end up here? Anyone got any origin stories about these cars in lanka? 

Original owner died years ago. And it's sitting in someone's property. No engine either. 

@Sylvi

IMG_20200731_173256.jpg

IMG_20200731_173315.jpg

IMG_20200731_173326.jpg

IMG_20200731_173506.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Running a mini on the book?

9 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Found this Austin FX4/Fairway (London cab) near my area. How did a London cab end up here? Anyone got any origin stories about these cars in lanka? 

Original owner died years ago. And it's sitting in someone's property. No engine either. 

@Sylvi

IMG_20200731_173256.jpg

IMG_20200731_173315.jpg

IMG_20200731_173326.jpg

IMG_20200731_173506.jpg

Running a mini on the book?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There's been a bit of talk on the Raptor on @tiv'status update but what I didn't realize until @iRage mentioned Hennessey was that they actually built the 1st Gen Ford (F150) Raptor that Top Gear featured on that iconic episode. 

not fair at all. They never mentioned that it was a modified Raptor on that Episode. I always though that Raptor in that episode was stock! 

The Episode in question:

Edited by Kavvz

6 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

not fair at all. They never mentioned that it was a modified Raptor on that Episode.

Oh no, they most certainly did. I was under the impression that all Raptors were tuned by Henessey after seeing that episode! What Mr. Orangutan said was that in the US they sell a F150 every 35 seconds, because they're cheap, but this is no ordinary F150, it's a Raptor tuned by Henessey.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Oh no, they most certainly did. I was under the impression that all Raptors were tuned by Henessey after seeing that episode! What Mr. Orangutan said was that in the US they sell a F150 every 35 seconds, because they're cheap, but this is no ordinary F150, it's a Raptor tuned by Henessey.

They did? No kidding, I guess I totally missed it....?! (Wouldn't be the first time...) Can't seem to find the full episode on youtube either to verify...

Also is the other pick-up just a standard GM Silverado? It certainly looks stock... While I couldn't careless about the GM truck, it does seem a bit unsporting to pit an off-road focused vehicle (done up by Henessey no less!) against a standard American shitbox  GM Pickup...

Edited by Kavvz

Just now, Kavvz said:

They did? No kidding I guess I totally missed it....?! (Wouldn't be the first time...) Can't seem to find the full episode on youtube either to verify...

Also is the other pick-up just a standard GM Silverado? It certainly looks stock... While I couldn't careless about the GM truck, but It does seem a bit unsporting to pit an off-road focused tunner vehicle (done up by Henessey no less!) against a standard American shitbox  GM Pickup...

VelociRaptor 

Power: 623 hp

Torque: 627 lb-ft

Source

Silverado

Power: 397 hp

Torque: 765 lb-ft

Source