• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

15 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Is there anything different than styling between Subaru BRZ vs Scion FRS vs Toyota GT86?

I've only experienced Scion FRS. That time interior was pretty basic and when I saw the GT86 at the dealership the interior seems to have improved.

The BRZ has slightly stiffer suspension and the brazes are slightly more harder than in the GT86. The difference between the Mk1 GT86s and the BRZ was quite obvious as the GT86 felt a bit noodligh and less tight (framewise). The successive updates to the GT86 made the thing more and more stiffer and if you take the latest GT86 and the BRZ they are almost the same (albeit the BRZ slightly bit more) when it comes to rigidity.

As for the interior...the GT86 low grades pretty much had the manual A dials and such from the Axio..so looked barron and cheap. I beleive the Scion only offered the equavelant of the GT86 low grades (mainly because it was a Scion...so entry level). The higher grades had a nicer interior..and since the T86 is an actual Toyota (and not a Scion)..I suppose Toyota America is making available the more plush grades.

Yes..the LSD...in Japan it is technically an option (just like in the old AE86). However...practically all GT grades came with it by default and had to be selected for the 6MT G grade. It was a 32,000yen option. Later on it came installed by default on all variants except the Automatic G grade. I said it was technically an option because you had the option to remove it and get it with a standard open diff and save 32,000yen in the process :) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iRage said:

The BRZ has slightly stiffer suspension and the brazes are slightly more harder than in the GT86. The difference between the Mk1 GT86s and the BRZ was quite obvious as the GT86 felt a bit noodligh and less tight (framewise). The successive updates to the GT86 made the thing more and more stiffer and if you take the latest GT86 and the BRZ they are almost the same (albeit the BRZ slightly bit more) when it comes to rigidity. 

But why though? Aren't they both meant to be mechanically identical. 

26 minutes ago, iRage said:

As for the interior...the GT86 low grades pretty much had the manual A dials and such from the Axio..so looked barron and cheap. 

I'm relieved to know that I wasn't the only one who saw that axio dashboard inside the GT86. 

Still, would like to drive one and enjoy it someday! 

Edited by AVANTE

3 hours ago, AVANTE said:

But why though? Aren't they both meant to be mechanically identical. 

I'm relieved to know that I wasn't the only one who saw that axio dashboard inside the GT86. 

Still, would like to drive one and enjoy it someday! 

Mechanically they are the same...just that they are both tuned in the flavor of the manufacturer. Some say the BRZ's throttle response is actually a bit sharper than that of the 86, etc...so although they are mechanically the same...the configuration is slightly different. Kind of like the SUpra and the BMW. Or the Raodster and the Spider and the Mitsuoka

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davy said:

758ace41-0fab-42ec-a25f-29691b4775af-jpe

?

lol !! And this time around they even pinched the engine and tranny didn't they! Interesting though that all the reviewers say the Supra is faster than the BMW its based on...How>>Japanese magic dust! :D 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Haha 2

Meanwhile in Premio-land....

image.png.57b1b1fdabeba26d017976a0279dc66a.png

I wonder the thought process of these dudes when they select a potential female companion? 

"වැඩියෙන් මාකට් straight  hair  with  a  tint  ද නැත්තම් නිකන්ම straight  hair  ද මචන් ? straight  hair  with  a  reddish  tint  අවුල්ද?"

• Haha 6

One of my favourite scenes from the Fast and Furious franchise. Such a variation of cars and modified in their own ways. Looking back at this scene reminds me how awesome early 2000s car culture was.

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

Any idea what this is? Why does it look like a frankenstine? Hmmm

Does anyone have the RMV app to run the number on ?

That just looks horrendous ! I won't be surprised if it is a W114 underneath with a tub fixed on top.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Does anyone have the RMV app to run the number on ?

That just looks horrendous ! I won't be surprised if it is a W114 underneath with a tub fixed on top.

The app doesn't return the model details as well.. Seems a heavily tampered car..