• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

On 7/15/2020 at 9:24 PM, AVANTE said:

I'm a big fan of those "sliced bread" gear shifter boot cover in the old jap cars. I could swear they make the shifting experience much smoother. 

I know what you mean, they are butter smooth, fair bit of 90s Toyota vehicles came with those

6 hours ago, Kavvz said:

@kmeeg This has your name all over it buddy! 

Ha ha.. the tech and 35" tires very tempting. Not having solid axles is bit of concern. I also wish they used a natural aspired ford engine than the eco boost ones. Or if they had thier diesel it would be awesome. 

Have to check. Let's see if it can beat the Wranglers in terms of off-road capability. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Clean AF!! @Davy

I was checking out an Evo X on the classifieds the other day, and it looked very similar to this one. Same Enkei RPF1 wheels, same front lip. I thought it was the same car! :) 

Looks clean indeed!

image.png.3064dc792c797421de82600b6599acc4.png

• Like 2

Did you guys see the 2013 Toyota Gt86 TRD ad today on AL? I love to see that. I have driven the same model and it was fun. Subaru 2L non turbo engine with RWD was definitely fun.

(WHY THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S AD? | I just love that car when I drove it. Yes it not that fast, but it was a fun feeling every time I step on the gas at low gears.:))

(Did not use the pic from the AL ad as it might be against the policy)

Toyota GT86 review | Auto Express

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Did you guys see the 2013 Toyota Gt86 TRD ad today on AL? I love to see that. I have driven the same model and it was fun. Subaru 2L non turbo engine with RWD was definitely fun.

My oh my..that’s a sick looking ride na? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kmeeg said:

(WHY THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S AD? | I just love that car when I drove it. Yes it not that fast, but it was a fun feeling every time I step on the gas at low gears.:))

Pics of a car on AL classifieds should be fine as you can even link to classified on AL.

The GT86 is misunderstood by most. Many just rant on it because it does not have a lot of power, etc....but the car was never about power..it was more about handling. The next gen is supposed to have a power increase though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iRage said:

The GT86 is misunderstood by most. Many just rant on it because it does not have a lot of power, etc....but the car was never about power..it was more about handling. The next gen is supposed to have a power increase though.

Mostly stupid Americans...they don't seem to get that it's supposed to be a fun runabout that handles well: No, if its sold as a sports car then; they want a car that can set land speed records between traffic lights!

I think Toyota should just stick an extra pair of doors on it and market it to young dads as a cheapish no-nonsense family car! (Kind of where the 4 door VW Golf is positioned.)

But oh well, as long as it will keep the car in production I guess we can't complain...The bump in power will come with a bump in price too I suppose? Plus won't that eat into the Supra's target market a bit? 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I was looking to buy something fun about 5 years ago... Drove the WRX, Golf Gti and Mazda 3 SP25... Then a GT86... The nimble feel and the way that the car rotates around the drivers` hip is just phenomenal.. The other`s were just normal cars with go fast bits added, but this, is a properly designed 'sports' car.! 

No turbo lag,  not heat soak (engine pinging under load when hot etc..), mechanically simple, cheap to run.. I just could not find anything else for the price, which is more fun to drive within legal speed limits.  Ended up buying a Subaru BRZ..  Still regret selling the damn thing... ?

Edited by MrCat

22 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Because its a bit of Guerrilla marketing: You secretly own the car via an anonymous numbered corporation and you are looking to sell your GT86 in Colombo to finance the purchase of yet another off-roader>?  :D 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Because its a bit of Guerrilla marketing: You secretly own the car via an anonymous numbered corporation and you are looking to sell your GT86 in Colombo to finance the purchase of yet another off-roader>?  :D 

Haaa haaa.. No it's really not mine..??

2 hours ago, MrCat said:

Ended up buying a Subaru BRZ..  Still regret selling the damn thing... ?

Is there anything different than styling between Subaru BRZ vs Scion FRS vs Toyota GT86?

I've only experienced Scion FRS. That time interior was pretty basic and when I saw the GT86 at the dealership the interior seems to have improved.

14 minutes ago, speed8 said:

The GT86 is such a nice car, and perfect for our roads too with its low power. A shame it costs so much...

True. But with the current tax situation anything with more than a  1L engine is unaffordable for most of us! Kinda crazy when you think about it...

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Is there anything different than styling between Subaru BRZ vs Scion FRS vs Toyota GT86?

I've only experienced Scion FRS. That time interior was pretty basic and when I saw the GT86 at the dealership the interior seems to have improved.

Where i live, the BRZ does not have a base spec, so was sold as a higher spec with climate control, heated seats etc.. AFAIK, spring rates were slightly different in the BRZ to make it less tail happy. Thats' about it really. 

From memory, base model Scion's did not have an LSD in the U.S. But where I live, both Toyota and Subaru were spec'd with an LSD. 

Edited by MrCat