• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

16 minutes ago, matroska said:

Could this be Jeremy or Hammond? 

image.png.7640ae07369f37b13db159e4e4b7edf9.png

image.png.38a0f431c5fe4b4c5fa5afae7d94114c.png

In a situation like this if the car owner had full insurance, would the insurance company cover the loss for the business? or should the business be insured?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

In a situation like this if the car owner had full insurance, would the insurance company cover the loss for the business? or should the business be insured?

isn't the shop a 'Third Party' - hence it would be covered? 

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

Some dont go for a third party claim simply because its a cumbersome affair, you have to go to courts for god knows how long, could be better off claiming off your own insurance. Thats my point of view. Everytime someone comes and knocks or scrapes I dont go to claim insurance from that party but rely on my insurance, or come to a settlement with the other party.

5 hours ago, matroska said:

isn't the shop a 'Third Party' - hence it would be covered? 

theoretically yes, but the cost of damages of fixing a shop would be higher compared to fixing a car so wouldnt insurance companies try to avoid it?

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Some dont go for a third party claim simply because its a cumbersome affair, you have to go to courts for god knows how long, could be better off claiming off your own insurance. Thats my point of view. Everytime someone comes and knocks or scrapes I dont go to claim insurance from that party but rely on my insurance, or come to a settlement with the other party.

Yeah thats the most practical way

20 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Would depend on the vehicle and it's  intended used,..

17 hours ago, Kavvz said:

I never use seat covers. I prefer using the seats and enjoying the nice finish myself instead of preserving it under a seat cover for the next owner... ?

Also seat covers interfer with some side airbags, so if your seats have an airbag tag on them: Avoid using seat covers. 

I do use rubber mats in my car though as otherwise it gets messy. I don't have 'full carpeting' where they lay rubber carpet all over the floor of the vehicle. That's just silly. I just buy 'all-weather' vehicle floor mats which are readily available from Arpico, Amazon , Ebay as per your preference and budget. 

On 7/2/2020 at 5:59 PM, iRage said:

OH NO!!!!! The Lotus !!!! What happened ? Hope no one got injured

@iRage that was a 1 of 150 or something John Player Special :( 

11 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@iRage that was a 1 of 150 or something John Player Special :( 

Some facebook posts indicate that it was #100 of 147....not sure if that is true...no matter what number it is..it is a huge loss to automotive history

• Sad 3

On 7/2/2020 at 10:29 PM, iRage said:

OH NO!!!!! The Lotus !!!! What happened ? Hope no one got injured

Saw this on Facebook a few days ago and almost cried. What a tragic way for such a beauty to go. ?

As someone who has experienced a car fire (not nearly as bad), I can relate to how traumatic it can be; even if the occupants weren't physically injured. 

Edited by Davy

I know this statement is very controversial. But I'm extreamly happy how much better Kia and Hyundai has come. No I'm not a Kia and Hyundai fan boy or owned them (yet. I'm just happy as a car enthusiast. I might even buy one as I'm beginning to like the features they offer for the price and have test driven few models.

Pilotkia.jpg

• Like 1

The Korean brands have come a long long way. Their design teams are lead by (or at least have one or two) ex-engineers from  the likes of BMW, Porsche, etc...They do seem to have a wide portfolio that appeals to a wide audience (from grand pas to ricers to speed freaks). With the Korean automotive regulations opening up to modifications (which was apparently illegal up to a few years ago).

The issue I have with Korean cars is..for some reason they do not seem to age well. Even the vehicles from 4-5 years ago...they just show age. I am talking about cars that have been taken care of...it doesn't rattle or anything....but it just looks old...so hopefully that has changed with the newer models.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 3