• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

50 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Ah, yes, here's a more updated one:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-who-owns-which-car-brands/

Wonder what this "new framework" is

They're all in trouble with lagging Mitsubishi sales in the states and the Renault Nissan alliance in complete disarray following the Carlos Ghosn debacle!

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

How come MMC is under Nissan Motors and Nissan Motors isn't under Renault? Renault owns 44% of Nissan and Nissan owns 34% of MMC. The three companies have three CEOs. 

Many of these companies are indirectly owned by guess who.... the Chinese government!

Ex:

1. PSA's controlling shareholder (despite a relatively low %) for the past 7 or 8 years has been Dong Feng. They bailed out PSA from the brink of bankruptcy and have been pumping money to the group since then.

2. PSA and Fiat Chrysler has merger plans. Again, promoted by Dong Feng. Dong Feng founder is none other than Chairman Mao himself. If the merger goes through, 12 brands in one bucket for Mr. Xi Jinping

3. Daimler has two significant (but not majority) Chinese shareholders... BAIC and Geely. That's Mercedes under their belt.

4. Geely already has five brands under them. They will eventually buy Ssangyong. That's 6 more.

5. SAIC will eventually control GM. Already China market is bigger for GM than US. Another 5 brands for them.

So that's about 25 brands directly or indirectly owned by the Chinese government, not counting their own brands and reborn brands such as MG and Rover.

Japanese car companies have survived the Chinese invasion so far thanks to their complex Keiretsu system. Most car companies are eventually owned by trust accounts in banks. Ford has struggled but survived thanks to the majority voting rights of the family, despite having only 6% shares. BMW has also kept things among the family so far.

I guess all this wil change after covid.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

Many of these companies are indirectly owned by guess who.... the Chinese government!

Ex:

1. PSA's controlling shareholder (despite a relatively low %) for the past 7 or 8 years has been Dong Feng. They bailed out PSA from the brink of bankruptcy and have been pumping money to the group since then.

2. PSA and Fiat Chrysler has merger plans. Again, promoted by Dong Feng. Dong Feng founder is none other than Chairman Mao himself. If the merger goes through, 12 brands in one bucket for Mr. Xi Jinping

3. Daimler has two significant (but not majority) Chinese shareholders... BAIC and Geely. That's Mercedes under their belt.

4. Geely already has five brands under them. They will eventually buy Ssangyong. That's 6 more.

5. SAIC will eventually control GM. Already China market is bigger for GM than US. Another 5 brands for them.

So that's about 25 brands directly or indirectly owned by the Chinese government, not counting their own brands and reborn brands such as MG and Rover.

Japanese car companies have survived the Chinese invasion so far thanks to their complex Keiretsu system. Most car companies are eventually owned by trust accounts in banks. Ford has struggled but survived thanks to the majority voting rights of the family, despite having only 6% shares. BMW has also kept things among the family so far.

Wow. The new world order is clear then (at least Automotive wise...) Oh and you can add another brand to your China grouping: TESLA ! Tesla China's Majority ownership (around 80% I think) is a consortium of Chinese banks. Given that Tesla China is positioned to produce the majority of Tesla's vehicles, the stage is set for TESLA CHINA to suck Tesla dry. 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Ex:

@Crosswind super insights ?

The Chinese (Foton / BAIC) have also resurrected the old German brand Borgward as well, complete with the grandson of the German founder at the helm & it's offices based in Stuttgart 

• Like 1

Just now, Devinda_Z said:

@Crosswind super insights ?

The Chinese (Foton / BAIC) have also resurrected the old German brand Borgward as well, complete with the grandson of the German founder at the helm & it's offices based in Stuttgart 

If anyone drives by Duplication Road i'm sure you would have noticed the Bordgward showroom where the old Audi one was with Senok Trade Combine representing the German/Chinese JV here locally

I can't believe i'm going to say this but the offering is pretty impressive for what it is and impresses in the flesh ?

Just saw ad for THIS>

Mercedes benz w115 petrol book, 6 sri 93XX, with all original document from current owner, original book only 3 owners. contact me for information 077 9759567 (only book.. no car) im asking 1.85 and negotiable and you can give me a offer.

So this person is committing fraud right? And the buyer is going to do what with this exactly:  Perpetuate another fraud by altering a car's details to match the documents? It blows my mind that people would be brazen enough to do this so openly?!

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Just saw ad for THIS>

Mercedes benz w115 petrol book, 6 sri 93XX, with all original document from current owner, original book only 3 owners. contact me for information 077 9759567 (only book.. no car) im asking 1.85 and negotiable and you can give me a offer.

So this person is committing fraud right? And the buyer is going to do what with this exactly:  Perpetuate another fraud by altering a car's details to match the documents? It blows my mind that people would be brazen enough to do this so openly?!

Yes.....you cannot sell just the book. It has to be with the car as far as I know. Once the car (at least the frame) is sold then the new buyer can put on a new engine/body with permission. However, there are plenty of books being sold publicly.

5 hours ago, iRage said:

Yes.....you cannot sell just the book. It has to be with the car as far as I know. Once the car (at least the frame) is sold then the new buyer can put on a new engine/body with permission. However, there are plenty of books being sold publicly.

Wow. I always assumed stuff like this would happened dingy repair garages or in some back alley but never did I think I would  see people taking out ads etc for shady illegal deals! ? 

On 6/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, Kavvz said:

Just saw ad for THIS>

Yes - and if you are on the numerous local car groups you would see dozens of these done in the open either people do not know this is an offence or just don't care even if it is. It's eve advertised in the classifieds websites :D 

image.png.a04795a375c3efb672bd835495c4a9c6.png

• Sad 1

On 6/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, Kavvz said:

Just saw ad for THIS>

Saw an ad in FB a few months back. 

Morris/Mini book for sale... With car (I mean if u are into such things and want such a trivial and unnecessary object like a car, not like it matters in the grand scheme of things compared to the book) 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Yes - and if you are on the numerous local car groups you would see dozens of these done in the open either people do not know this is an offence or just don't care even if it is. It's eve advertised in the classifieds websites :D 

image.png.a04795a375c3efb672bd835495c4a9c6.png

Wow! Crazy stuff...1.9m for just the documents! Hoooly! (Not that its right at a lower price but still !! ) 

5 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Aiise Kolitha, Why you ask this question from Consumer Reports who seem to have no idea about cars and the prices in Sri Lanka?

image.thumb.png.33de603fb11e46407a9a807048bee879.png

Also he's a 'hell of an enthusiast' but doesn't even know what car to buy? Please... At 12 I had a list of 'first cars' I wanted to buy! 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Also he's a 'hell of an enthusiast' but doesn't even know what car to buy? Please... At 12 I had a list of 'first cars' I wanted to buy! 

Exactly.. And me at 17 had no intention of buying a car than driving parent's.. "Athe pichchiyak nathi kaale.."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Exactly.. And me at 17 had no intention of buying a car than driving parent's.. "Athe pichchiyak nathi kaale.."

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

He is probably one of those F&F wannabes. The guy who wants to buy the flashiest car with the biggest exhaust to "stray away from the crowd of Toyotas and be a true street king" or whatever corny stuff they come up with. 

You tend to see alot of these so called "car enthusiasts/petrolheads/car guys/street racers" in Instagram, having that tiktok stigma also. I won't be surprised if they pointed at the alternator and said "nice turbo machan". 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, speed8 said:

17 years old? I didn't even get to write the license test until I had completed my exams. And still driving my parent's car several years later ?

You're living the good life then @speed8 !!  I envy you! (Dad taking care of most of the bills, and your mother still cooking for you and and taking care of everything else! Man those were the times! The best years of my life really.... :D ) 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

Members,

When I read about vehicle CR books. I like to mention, one time before new vehicle imports were allowed freely three Skoda cars I had with me, one was my first car. CN 7075 cannot remember the Octavia 2 numbers of the others. 3 Sri car engine was not at all good burning oil also had a gear slip. At that time I was in and out of Japan on a different mission.

I did plenty of motor vehicle imports almost 10 years till 1980 late including Motor cycles. Came across a Vehicle buyer in Japan who deals used accident vehicles for spares. I bought a KE 20 engine car had done only 3000 KM. Bought complete engine with gear box only, shipped inside a Toyota lite ace van which I imported. Then there was no restrictions like now days, only regulation was have to declare the value with engine number.

I fitted this engine to 3 Sri Skoda car with very little modifications to the  engine bay of the 3 Sri car ( KE 20 engine) without any problem. I used the car for about 5 years, Body started corroding due to sea spray in my home. Late 1980  there was no buildings behind my property like now.  4 tall buildings have come up all most 90% of sea spray is eliminated.

later I decided to get rid of that car. I advertised twice no buyers who offered the price I quoted. One person said I want only the Engine with Gear box and the book. I gave him the entire vehicle with open transfer papers. He got the vehicle loaded into lorry took the 3Sri car.  The person who bought the vehicle had not transferred the vehicle. I was charged a penalty for three years. Not like now days, RMV used to follow up the unpaid License fee in late 1980.

Never sell a vehicle with open papers, get a genuine buyer who will do the transfer. At present there is a set of forms who transfers have to fill up by the registered owner, his duty is to hand over same to the RMV.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

Edited by Sylvi
Few erros in dates. Also numbers.